main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Social Party - Version 3

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Morgaine, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    So much to do... :) I've seen Fan Fiction has been wrecked :(

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    What do you mean? ?[face_plain]

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Woo, finally back!

4. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Wasn't there a problem with longer posts that needed recovery? Thought I remembered reading something about that right after the current boards went up.

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, there was, but all posts should be restored now. Are there still posts missing?

6. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Not that I'm aware of at this time, but thanks :)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok. :)

Btw, are you planning to come to CE Essen?

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I'd like to :) It's such a nice pretext to gather :D

Might even make it part of a longer sojourn - finally got an opportunity at trudging a bit around Germany back in July (even if it was mostly for work), and I'm definitely coming back!

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Really? Where have you been? Don't tell me it was Cologne... ;)

Cool! I really hope that I can make it possible to come to CE Essen. It's not sure atm, but I'll try to - especially, if more and more people come who I haven't seen in ages (or just know from the boards). :)

10. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, no pixels in that one can be found. :p

12. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    No, not Cologne, though it wasn't too far from one leg of my trip ;)

Been visiting sunflower and maize fields near Potsdam, in Sachsen, along the Dutch border and next to Hamburg :) (Work trip essentially, though I did spend a free day exploring old Hamburg).

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You decided well. Hamburg is one of the nicest cities and one where you have tons of things to visit. :D
    Essen can't compare with that, but I'm sure, it won't matter. ;) :p

14. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    It won't be the point? ;)

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Exactly! ;)

I just hope that (if I make it to CE) they don't play only the main theme all the time... I still have it in my ears from the first CE in London... :p

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    As someone who's never been to a convention, I'm not sure what to expect. I'd love to meet all you guys (again), but I don't think I'm particularly interested in the con itself. Can you tell me why I should go? ;)

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Because there are tons of SW crazy people and lots to see. Some people go there because of the newest of new rumours/information about any upcoming stuff, some go there for the SW-feeling and some for other reasons.

But to be honest, I don't think that I'll be there all three days - even if I could. But I like to be there for the main day and for the FanForce Party for sure!!

Julia, it would be cool to meet you at the FanForce Party and I would suggest to visit at least one day. Have you ever been to the Jedi-Con? If yes, the Jedi-Con is more familiar, the CE in London was bigger and thus less familiar, but it's still an experience and gets you some nice rememberance (word?). :)

18. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Nope, no cons at all, not even non-Star Wars related ones. That's why I was asking. :)

Thing is, I don't really care about any of the more recent Star Wars products - neither the Clone Wars series nor the books, and I'm not into collecting or costuming either. So of course I'm somewhat hesitant to buy expensive tickets for what would basically be just another FanForce meeting for me.

19. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Similar misgivings here, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan these days.
    On the "you should go"-side, the larger scale meeting is one motivation (finally put some faces on the screen names ^^ ), and I'm thinking of ways to make this a leg of a larger journey :) It doesn't have to be about the convention :)

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Beside of the new stuff, finding new things to collect and watching people running around as Sleia or Chewy there are a few things still: Meeting people creating SW in the early years (depending on who gets invited by the organisators), getting signatures within books (for example) and getting a good portion of SW atmosphere, plus meeting other SW fans.

Since my interest in SW, especially in the new stuff, got down as well (although I still like SW), three days are a bit too much for me. One day would do fine / the best because of the reasons I named above. But I wouldn't enjoy missing the FanForce Party!!

A larger journey, Lordban? Through Germany or a big tour through Europe? :)

Julia, did I get you right, that you'll give your best to come to the FF Party for sure and possible thinking about visiting CE Essen as well?

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    That would be through Germany, I'd spend a tenday there if it happens :)

22. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Do let us know your itinerary then, and we'll see if we can organize something for you, maybe a little sightseeing tour if you're happening to visit a city one of us lives in. :)

Sabine, is the FanForce party outside of the convention? Meaning I could go there without having a ticket to the con? If so, I'm definitely in. :D Still undecided about the con itself, yeah.

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, let us know, Lordban. :)

The one I joined at the last Jedi-Con was outside of the Convention and from all I heard, all those FF parties are outside. They are usually within a pub or so. But I think, Johanna can give you a better answer to this. I think she was at more parties than me and was involved in the organisation of some of them. :)

24. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    You'll be informed, and I'll take suggestions :)

25. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Well, I'll be happy to show you around the town I live in, but it's not exactly a prime tourist spot. Also, despite the fact that I've been living here for two years already, I don't really know much about the city. But we could go exploring together? :p

As far as suggestions go... hmm, might be easier if we already had a rough idea of where you're going (north/south/west/east of the country?) and then point out interesting places in that area. :) But I guess that's something to be done closer to the trip.

Thanks for the info, Sabine! That's definitely something I'd like to attend then. :)

So, what do you guys think of the new Hobbit trailer? :D