main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Summer of Sith BBQ

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005

As always,
    I wish I could come earlier & stay longer.

Much thanks to all who helped to make this a
    _________________GREAT___________________
    Chicago force event, especially our most
    gracious host & their family.

The following was inspired by those at the
    party who told me that my posts look like poetry.

To the BBQ crew,
    My hat's off to you.
    Which means, of course,
    Thank you Chicago Force.

Ed

2. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Sorry I coulnd't make it! After 6 hours of lecture, it would have been a little too long a day. Hope to see some of you at AMC a week from Wednesday.

Hey, I see Fox is doing a screening that night as a contest.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Mark, thanks so much having the BBQ again.

It was tons of fun, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for your BBQs. :D

Thanks!

4. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    BEST.

EVENT.

EVER.

I had a great time, and I made a few new friends too. I'm surprised that I didn't eat as much as I thought I would have.

Then again, I usually don't like making myslef look like a pig in front of others.

The games were fun, the schmoozing was fun, and the lightsabre battling was extremely entertaining. (When Sithy called Thom "Peaches" I nearly lost it.)

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Glad everyone had fun. But now comes the part where I report what was left behind.......

1) A black XXL windbreaker-type jacket
    2) A pair of sunglasses
    3) A glass serving bowl that had salsa in it

Post back or PM what goes to whom and I'll make sure I bring these items to whaever event you'll be at next.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "When Sithy called Thom "Peaches" I nearly lost it."

[face_laugh] Honest mistake!

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Wow, my CD Case never surfaced. Well, someone's having fun...with every Star Wars PC game produced from 1995-2004, every Star Wars Soundtrack and every Star Wars DVD (with the exception of the AotC Full Screen that was in the player).

HA! At least you didn't get my AotC Full Screen Sucker!!

Bosh

8. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll triple check the HazVan, but I don't remember anything like that getting loaded. Tables, chairs, Goat...all loaded. No discs.

9. soulcoughing

soulcoughing Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2000
    I too wished I could have stayed longer.

It was great seeing the ole'faces again. Thanks for the BBQ Mark, awesome job on the ID cards Matt, hope much funds were raised for the shirts Carrie, and nice seeing Roman, Phil, Tom, and Dave again after so long.

And the dozens of new faces were so great and friendly.

DAVE- I still have some Star Wars PC games discs you loaned me, uh, about 5 years ago. I'll bring them to you in the line.

Later Dudes,
    Stephanie
    aka soulcoughing

10. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Thanks Mark for the kool BBQ, im glad you liked the Mikes Hard lemonade. Matt thanks for the kool Chicago Force ID. It was kool meeting everyone i haven't met before.For those who did'nt meet me(JediFalcon25), i was the guy that came in with the orange CIII shirt and White Sox(the best team)hat. I wish i could of stayed longer, i had to work that night. The Darth Vader cupcakes were really good!!

11. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Ahhh, so that's where it went. I thought Sithy still had my jacket. Mark, the black windbreaker is mine.

And, thanks again for hosting another FANTASTIC BBQ!!!! It was a blast! And SO MANY new people! Awesome!!

12. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    How come I miss all the good things, I must be unlucky, I hope to make the next one.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Ahhh, so that's where it went. I thought Sithy still had my jacket. Mark, the black windbreaker is mine."

Gah! I'm sorry Cheryl!

When you guys started watching AOTC, I tramped around Mark's backyard, rounding up my four lightsabers and Dan's copy of Republic Commando. Then, remembering that you had lent me your jacket, I retraced my steps all over the yard in search of it. But in the end I couldn't find it.

When I couldn't find it, I assumed that you had picked it up sometime before AOTC started and put it in your car or something. And since the movie was running I didn't want to bother you.

Bottomline: I'm sorry for the confusion and not giving it back to you! It's my fault!

P.S. Thanks for lending it to me, though. :D It kept me warm when I otherwise would have froze.

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you MARK, MARTHA and LIAM!!! I don't know why I chose all caps. I don't know why I'm typing exactly what I'm thinking eithter.

Thank you Phil for the orange shirt.

I did not forget a blue lid this year. I did forget my Pictionary prize. If it is another ESB is the best person who now has it, then it is in good hands. If it's in some Jar Jar mask-wearing hands, then give it back.

It was nice to meet so many new CF people and see the originals. :)

15. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Gah! I'm sorry Cheryl!

No big deal, Sithy. I really wasn't worried about it. I figured you still had it and that I'd just get it back the next time I saw ya. No biggie. :D

16. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Are pictures from the BBQ going to be posted on the web-site?

Thanks again Mark for hosting a great event.

17. iceburgh

iceburgh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    You all can blame my daughter for the Vader cupcakes being gone...She ate the frosting off 3 of them. I'm sure you'd rather have me finsih eating them, then to put them back in the container. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.