main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The Symphony needs Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers... spt 23 & 24

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lorithavon, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    look what I got in my mos alba email box...

Hello all,

Ryan Stark from the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra here. I'm e-mailing all of the New Mexico-area Star Wars fan groups I could find with a proposal:

The Symphony is considering staging two special concerts, comprised completely with John Williams' music from the six Star Wars films. The concerts will take place in Albuquerque in late September. More details to come as we get these shows set up.

As one element of these shows, we would be delighted with volunteer participation by Star Wars fans in high-quality Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper costumes for various aspects of the shows. The more authentic looking these costumes are, the better. We'd love a mass of Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers, to give it that Palpatine-esque, opressive feel, right?

Feel free to forward this message to any other Stromtroopers or Clone Troopers who might be interested in participating.

Ryan

Ryan Stark
    Marketing and Public Relations Assistant
    The New Mexico Symphony Orchestra

I have contacted Bob and will be contacting Gecko about this, please don't anyone else contact the symphony so there is not too many hands in the pot and mass confusion reigns. I just figured that people here would like to know what is coming, and might spur a couple of people to finish their armor or get that set ordered...

and oh ya this is F--N' cool

-lor

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    HOLY SITHSPIT.

As Lor said, let's not bungle this. I'll contact Lor and Gecko as soon as possible to work on this.

3. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I just got a email from the Santa Fe NEwspaper wanting an interview........:(

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Holy crap! I'm no Stormtrooper... but I need to go to this concert!!!! Keep us updated on it!!

5. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I just got a email from the Santa Fe NEwspaper wanting an interview........:(
    about what?

6. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    wanting to interview a sith lord for the premier. emailed him saying we got a whole group and to come to the trooping on Sunday. Doesn't have to go with the symphony but it was that kind of news.

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    so why the frowney face?

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Bob, remember me?

9. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    that is awesome! I'm giddy! A night of Symphony & ARMOR!

Keep us posted!

M

10. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    WOW!! My Aunt plays Oboe, and my uncle is a tympanist for the symphony. I could see about making sure we all can get good tickets, for the ones who wont be in uniform.

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    for those not trooping? heck yea!

12. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    That would be awesome. I would love to go to that concert.

13. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    I got an update today Ryan sent me a press release...

THE SYMPHONY & CHORUS TO PERFORM THE MUSIC OF STAR WARS
    IN TWO SPECIAL CONCERTS

(ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., May 16, 2005) The New Mexico Symphony Orchestra and the Symphony Chorus will take their audiences to a "galaxy far, far away" in two special concerts featuring John Williams music from the films of the beloved Star Wars series, Sept. 23 and 24, 2005, at Popejoy Hall on the University of New Mexico campus in Albuquerque.

Tickets can be pre-ordered for these concerts by calling (505) 881-8999. Tickets are priced at $15, $25, $30, $37 and $45.

These concerts will include many space opera touches, including a laser light show and a fan costume contest.

While director/writer/producer George Lucas' multigenerational, interstellar epic has gained multiple generations of fans since the first of the films premiered in 1977, composer John Williams' scores for these films are equally as beloved, and as closely identified to by Star Wars fans as Darth Vader, lightsabers or action figures.

These concerts are expected to be as successful for the Symphony as 2004's Lord of the Rings Symphony concerts, which featured Howard Shore's award-winning music to Peter Jackson's films. Also, this is only the first event in the Symphony's 2005-2006 season to feature the music of Williams, as a John Williams Spectacular will be part of the Symphony's Pops Series in a Nov. 5 concert.

# # #

if you want to do this contact Gecko he is going to coordinate this and is the go-to guy here in mos alba for the 501st, I asked about rebel costumes too, but I wouldn't count on it so get some armor and start working on it.

I'm first on the list.

Lor - Stormtrooper

-lor

14. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    A costume contest... with clones and stormies?
    meh.

Anyways I am in

KC - Sandtrooper (or clean if I need to be)

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    How funny. I just wrote Ryan Stark back and Gecko's gonna try and contact him tonight.

Of course, you can count me in.

Bob - Biker Scout

16. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that we are not eligible for the costume contest... it's not really fair... and besides your getting in for free and get to be onstage while the symphony is playing the imperial march... I can't think of may things cooler

and dirty is fine I already asked...

-lor

17. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    We like them dirty! yeah!

18. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    what about other costumes?
    what about imperial officers? or jedis?

i guess maybe i'll have to save quick for armor....

19. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm definatly in

Jon - Stormtrooper

20. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Ah alright. I was thinking the costume contest was for us. Which didn't make much sense to me.. we're volunteering and probably considered part of the program, so why would we compete with eachother.

Just something to make sure of.. our prop weapons will be allowed?

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    All questions will be answered in time.

But if you do have questions, please post them here for Gecko.

22. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    I did ask about other costumes, including jedi... we will get answers in time but I'm not the point of contact, Gecko should be... and as bob said post them here they will get asked in time.

We have some time before it all goes down.

-lor

23. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I am down will have my Dirty trooper ready.

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Dude! Go white for the concerts!

25. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.