main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA The Traditional Star Wars ComiCon Preview Night Dinner

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediG60racer, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I?d like to formally invite everyone to the Traditional Star Wars ComiCon Preview Night Dinner at Greek Islands, being hosted by myself ? JediG60racer aka Chef Brendan! This has been an annual event open to all Star Wars oriented clubs, which I started inviting people to five years ago when I was serving as the vice president of the SDSWS, and I?d like to keep the tradition going.

Following the close of the dealer floor at ComiCon Preview Night, take a 5 minute walk to Seaport Village, where Greek Islands Café is situated on the boardwalk overlooking the San Diego harbor. On this evening, the restaurant graciously offers all my Star Wars friends a generous discount on the already inexpensive Mediterranean cuisine, which includes an excellent vegetarian menu as well as scrumptious meat selections. Last year we had over 80 people participate in the dinner, representing Star Wars fans from over a dozen clubs. There is indoor as well as outdoor seating, and while the restaurant officially closes its kitchen at 10pm, we can hang out there pretty late into the night.

For those not in the know, I was the senior chef at Greek Islands for about 7 years, after apprenticing there for 3 years. Nearly the entire menu of recipes are mine, It?s now been 2 years since my padawan took over responsibilities as the current senior chef, but I still serve there on occasion as the visiting chef, to help train new cooks and servers. I?ll actually be working there over the summer, keeping the crew true to my recipes, while I?m on hiatus from teaching at Horizon High School. So? any complaints about the food: direct them my way, and I?ll be sure to get you taken care of while we?re there. Any compliments: hey, I?ll take those too. : )

For those of you who are not fans of Greek cuisine (what?s wrong with you?) there is another option available: the owners of Greeks Islands also own the Italian restaurant next door, Asaggio?s. You can get the same Star Wars discount at the Italian place that night too.

2. langaricama

langaricama Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm there, thank you for the invite..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.