main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Trial of President Yarlick...WOTGII-COTT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Wildwookiee, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico_Starblazer

Rico_Starblazer Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2001
    Rico Starblazer stood, buttoned his jacket, and walked calmly before the tribunal. Nodding respectfully to Darth Attorney, he took a deep breath and began.

"Ladies and gentlemen, over the course of this trial the prosecution will prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt that Presiden Yarlik was responsible for inflicting cruel and unusual punishment on one General Zaarin, but also for causing the deaths of still untold lives about Zaarin's ship, the Tiger. The defense will attempt to sway you with tales of Yarlik's heroism, bravery, and commitment to duty. They will attempt to build his character so great that he will seem unblemished by even the thought of an immoral action, but I assure you that it will all be nothing but a facade. Yarlik is a murderer, a killer who strikes without warning and uses his office and power as a shield to hide behind. Because of the treaty between his organization and the Empire, Yarlik was unable to hide behind his office and play cat and mouse to avoid being held responsible.

"I do not need to remind the panel of their responsibility to see through the smoke and mirrors which will be presented by the defense to observe the truth at hand: That President Yarlik is responsible for countless deaths and immeasurable agony to Admiral Zaarin. Under the treaty he is guilty, and more importantly, in the standards of all moral men he is guilty. The prosecution will make this clear."

Rico nodded again to the panel, and took his seat.

2. Lando_the_Pimp

Lando_the_Pimp Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2001
    "Objection, Your Honor! President Yarlik has never denied his actions. That is not what this trial is about.

"This trial is to decide whether or not Yarlik is guilty of breaking the treaty, murder, etc.

"I offered my statements earlier about this. I do not wish to go back over them. According to the facts I laid out, Yarlik is not guilty."

Lando_the_Pimp sneaked a quick glance at the President, who acknowledged with a slight nod of the head.

Continuing, Lando drew himself up. "President Jarv Yarlik is not a murderer either, either. Zaarin is still alive. However, the crew members aboard the Tiger are dead. Yarlik apologizes for this. He cost them their lives, and deeply regrets it."

Returning to his seat, he whispered something in Yarlik's ear, then the two turned back to see who was upcoming.

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC as WildWookie (High Admiral Cast):

High Admiral Cast just sat back, and allowed the big shots to fire the big guns first.

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    The Hologram of Director Lavos raised an eyebrow.

Representative of the Defense, does that mean your client admits to firing upon the Tiger killing its crew? We require clarification for the records.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  6. Lando_the_Pimp

Lando_the_Pimp Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2001
    "Your Honor, I'd like the holo recorder to be played back, if you don't mind?"

Clearly wishing to be elsewhere, the head judge merely nodded his head, as if to hurry up the process.

"Ok, please play back to when Mr. Wildwookie announced his charges."

...the charges are as follows

1)Conduct Unbecomming an officer

2)Attacking a ship under the flag of truce

3)Humanitarian crimes against one General Zaarin, throught torture

4)Obstruction of Justice

"Now, fast forward to where GrandAdmiralYsalimir makes his charges, please."

Our charges are: 1.) Violation of a galactic treaty. 2.) Attacking of an Imperial officer on sovereign Imperial territory--being that he was traveling under a flag of truce. 3.) Inhumanity. 4.) He is unfit to rule a government.

"As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, nowhere were the charges of murder brought up. Mr. PoT did bring about this accusation, but being a judge, this should represent a conflict of interest, as he is clearly biased and was going to vote guilty anyway, and the charges should be dropped and Mr. Yarlik acquitted."

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Director Lavos felt the grip of failure grip him. He switched on the comm of his hologram.
    "This court stands in recess whilst the tribunal looks over this new material. Adjorned."

Watching as the crowd erupted into nervous murmuring, he turned his hologram to the other judges private channel, GAJ did similar with his hologram.

8. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    Mark watched as the events unfolded. He couldn't help but laugh when Zarrin was taken away. This would be one for the history books.

9. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    To any Mod,preferrebly DA,

I guess you can lock this thread what with the guy on trial slitting his own throat.And the soon to be destruction of Olympus station.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "I would like to inform the defense that under Imperial Law, under a military trial, President Yarlik is guilty until proven innocent."

"However, I would also like to inform you as per laws, Intelligence officers are not to be duly punished without evidence. Any evidence you have garnered was through torture."

"Another point I would like to make is that the treaty does include sharing of information to an extent."

"Another point is that Eriadu law cannot apply to foreigners. Imperial officers traveling to Rebel territory are on sovereign Imperial territory, much as an embassy is."

"Murder is a very broad term. It does not have to be directly stated to be used as a charge."

"I would also like to bring up the point of spying... under the logic of the defense, anything can be considered spying. Therefore, it would be perfectly correct if the Empire seized President Yarlik on charges of spying on Imperial Center. That may not have been his purpose, but his eyes must have wandered."

"The Imperial Judge asks that you rectify your incorrect statements regarding Imperial Law and the treaty."

11. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    What are you talking about Baron Fel? He hasn't slit his throat, and I have CSA troopers stationed outside alongside Rebel soldiers. Only if you get s skip into the atmosphere and launching a missle will you destroy the stadium, unless you have a bomb. You did say destruction, correct?

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Not now. :p Since the whole RP has been put on hold.

13. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    *Freezes*

Damn, RP on hold. Oh well. I'm going to Damons to watch NHL and eat some ribs. Anyone else want to come while we wait?

*leaves for Damon's*

14. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC:Veng check the WotG thread.But it's probably nulified until PoT explains for himself.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    We knew it couldn't last people.

Alright this is serious. Mitth has gone and FID and I are partially to blame, but the true problem lies in the nature of the RP.

We need to shape up. Ego and Pride can go only so far. These are our two major weak points.

FID and I are attempting to - along with GAJ and Flar - keep this RP alive.

We have all put far too much effort into it for it to go to waste.

We hereby institute these following emergency actions.

1) RP is paused for 2 weeks.
    2) Current COTT thread is only left open for discussing problems and solutions to the RP style. NO MORE RPing.
    3) A new GM structure, Rule book, and special clauses concerning Ship numbers and 'rules of warfare' will be added, and opened in a new thread - chapter 3 - in 2 weeks time.

I urge you all to stay with us. Remain with the RP. We have all spent far too much effort and time for it to be wasted.

Pledge your support or opinions in your group threads, they will stay open.

New command structures will be worked out after all the resignations etc. have been recieved.

Hold Firm guys, and stick with us.

Kudos to those with the guts to stay,
    Protégé of Thrawn.

16. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Good luck redesigning the structure, P-o-T. It's a huge game but I get the feeling it's very top-heavy....ie: too many GM's and important people involved to get a quick decision/ruling on a small event.

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Agreed DA.

As outlined in the RP thread, we are considering a new format, of 3.

The Triumvirate would be equal (no senior GM) and all major conflicts would be settled using a 2:1 vote system.

The Triumvirate at the moment looks to be.

Yun
    Flar
    Elegos

and the backup GM when one of the three can't be there to vote: Nithrak.

FID and I have decided to exempt ourselves from inclusion in such a setup, due to the recent crisis.

Thanks all.

18. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Yay, perhapos this way the CSA could become a little better.

19. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Up to avoid pruning

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah, the bad memories of failure...

and Pie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.