main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    *Makes a Luke Skywalker entry*

Count me in too!

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I thought you were going to Tarshi station to pick up some power converters?

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    He can play with his friends when his chores are done.

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I shall be there with bells on :p I've got the day off, and had planned to do some shopping at Chermie anywho :p I really wanted to see Pan's Labyrinth that day too, probably earlier, if anyone is interested.

5. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Let me know times for Pan's Labyrinth please. I still haven't seen it, despite multiple attempts.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

6. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Blast work! I wanna see Pans Labyrinth x___x;;

I wonder if I can get out of work early... ~ponders~
    Damn using most of my accrued time! x___x;;

7. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    At Chermside: 1:40, 4:15, 6:45 and 8:15. I'm thinking 1:40 would be the best, if we are to meet Jodes and Cj afterwards for the Fountain.

Oh and the Pursuit of Happynessis the $8 movie this week if anyone wants to see it on Wed (2 days off in a row, yay!)

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Blast, I can't actually make any of those times. I've got a doctor's appointment that conflicts with those first two times. Sorry mei-mei.

Well, I'll see everyone afterward for The Fountain.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Word of warning.. walking out of pans labyrinth and into a love story, well out of pans and into anything, will require some effort on your behalf LC. Intense film that I know you'll like but a hard thing to watch. You might need a drink at Gilhooleys in between! I didn't feel quite right til I'd had a glass a glass of wine and watched some poker.

Here's to seeing some of you guys tomorrow! :) Makes the first day of my working week oh so much better knowing I'll see you at the end of it.

So movie starts at 630, and CJ and Gooba should be around sometime before that. From all accounts the list of attendees is me, Cj, Goobs, LC, Morgs, Lozza, BBN, and MD by the sounds? Can't wait!

10. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    That's a bummer MD :( well from the sounds of it, I'll need someone with me, any takers? And since I'll be driving, drinks are a no no :p I may have to give Pan's a miss again for this week... :( Dam the cinemas being so darned expensive!!

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Abi, are you doing anything on the weekend? We could go see it then - I'm keen to see it at some stage or another...

12. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Well there's the whole basketball thing on Sat (I believe it's during the evening, in which case I will be working during the day - oh and do you reckon you can have a jedi done? even just a generic one? you jsut need a tunic, obi and pants really) dunno whats doing Sun. But the main reason I wanted to go on Tuesday is coz firstly it's only being shown at BCC cinemas, and secondly Tuesday is cheap Tuesday ie $8.50 ticets instead of the rip off of $10+

13. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Hey LC... you can always hop a train to Southbank, where movies are under $10, any day of the week.;)
    Cineplex, the only way to fly('cept without the flying, oh, and it's also not the only way).:D

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I probably won't be able to whip up a Jedi outfit by then - Because I know I won't put in the effort after work, and I can't afford to pull another allnighter. The last one was painful enough, though Toblerone and Firefly did a bit to ease that pain... [face_thinking]

Ah well, I might go see it in the city then during the day on Saturday prehaps...

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Scratch that, I can't make a jedi outfit because the ironing lady has all my linen.

On topic however, where and what time are you kids meeting at Chermside? I'll probably get there early and meander for a bit.

16. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    haha yeah CJ I usually do go to Southbank, I get in for $5 :D Hooray for Student status!! But they're not showing Pan's Labyrinth.

Bek, looks like I am working during the day on Sat, and going to the thing on Sat night. Everyone seems to be losing their costuming mojo's atm!! Where's the spirit!! I can lend you my tunic pattern if you'd like, it's really quite simple!! Then you just need an obi (rectangular piece of fabric), tabbards (more rectangular pieces of fabric) and a pair of pants or skirt (Surely you'd have one of those in the cupboard?). Et Voila!! Come on, you gotta come!! It'll be your first troop!!

Okies, well I have shopping to do at Chermie, so I'll prolly aim to get there around 2ish

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Heh, I'd really love to go, even attempt to bash out a quick costume, but like I said before (patterns and whatnot notwithstanding) the ironing lady has my linen :p Bring your tunic pattern though, and I'll see if I can't find some adequate fabrics to make a cheap jedi outfit next time I'm at the op shop ;) (I guess I could take my "victorious weapon" appart and use it for the hilt :p...)

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Stranger Than Fiction

Starts on Thursday, anybody want to see it on the weekend?

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    OR... Smokin' Aces comes out on the 8th

20. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    I'm up for anything that's of the weekend variety, and MS, you've totally peaked my interest in Smokin' Aces. Watched the trailer yesterday and its looks pretty cool. Didn't see any of Bateman in it though, which sucks, but it says he's in it so I'm all for watching that one when it comes out too.

21. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Im very keen on seeing stranger than fiction.

Saturday night? After 6pm is good with me, and Sammich.

South Bank it is?

22. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I'd quite like to see that as well.

23. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm up for either. Name a time and place.

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Stranger than fiction isn't coming to southbank :mad:.

So it's either go to Birch in the Myer Centre or wait for Smokin' Aces next week.

25. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I want to see for your consideration.