main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    can you please post, pwease?

:::Sets down 2 1/2 year old niece::::

"Pwease?"

2. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Wow....

"Bartender-- chocolate Anakins and Obiwans, for my friends!" ;)

I can't thank you guys enough for all the upping and comments. [face_love] Believe it or not, I am working on the next post. Unfortunately, I'm on a M*A*S*H kick right now, and I need it out of my system-- unless you want Hawkeye Pierce showing up. ;) Give me until, Monday, say?

*grins*

Shezan- Thanks! I'm glad I got Luke and Leia's relationship across that way!

Domina- I hope the next post lives up to your expectaions. :D

Baroness- I have some surprises for Luke, yes.. ;)

Bri_Windstar- Thanks you so much for all the sweet comments and upping! I really appreciate it.

DANA28- Arigato gozaima****a!

Skysong- How'd you know I was aiming for Sith Master? ;) Btw, have you seen the "Now & Then, Here & There" anime? I really reccomend it!

*passes out more pringles for Inez* Happy birthday, my dear! How old are you now?

TorynFarr- Welcome to the thread!

JediFalcon- Nice explosives. ;)

Knight-Ader- I hope I haven't tried your patience too long. :D

Mara_Skywhiner- Interesting name you have there! ;) Thanks so much for the up!

ami-padme- *dies because she's gotten feedback from the glorious ami-padme* Wow...

aninonymous- Yes, I plan on continuing! I'm so glad you like it!

leia_amigirl- *blushes*

Chaos Rose- Restless natives? Hehehe... I've noticed. ;)

~Meredith
    who will have a post by Monday night.

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    MONDAY!?

I brought the whine, anybody bring some cheese? :D

Oh, the Dark Side Power of Cheese.

4. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    OOOOHHHHH!!!!! This is awesome!! I am so staying around! :D

5. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *hehe* Is it Monday yet?!?

6. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    YAY!!! A post is coming on Monday!!! I can't wait...I'm just a little excited to know what happens next...

7. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    i know that feeling!!

UP!!!

8. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Interesting Beginning! Sadly it was only so short. But the next part will come tomorrow, so I won't have to wait for too long. Ahh, the advantages of being late...

9. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
  10. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, it's Monday and I'm waiting....

Ander, yes, the cheese is wonderful. :D

I'm 27 now, Meredith. (Do you go by Meredith?) It's finally starting to hit me that I'm approaching 30. :eek:

inez

11. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    *eyes the board* Wow... new colors. :D

It's Monday, and I keep my promises! ;)

Yes, inez, I go by Meredith, or any variation thereof. ;) Don't feel bad about turning 27-- you're still younger than I am. [face_shocked]

leia_amigirl- I hope this lives up to your expectations! :D

And, Shirley, I'm glad to have you here!

Welcome, RingThane! And-- *muches on wine and cheese* Thanks, Ander.

Now, without further babling on my part, I gve you three more pages of "Widow Skywalker"!

-Meredith

[to the tune of "Old Mc Donald"]
    Crazy Meredith has a fic,
    feedback, feedback, oh--
    and about this fic she wanted to know,
    feedback, feedback, oh--
    Was it good or bad,
    Was it happy or sad?
    Here she asks, there she asks,
    She's always wanting feedback,
    Crazy Meredith has a fic,
    feedback, feedback, oh--

=================

Market places, Luke thought, had to be the common language among worlds. They were all fundamentally the same, with latitude enough for variation that made each one unique. Of all places, the Jedi felt strangely at home in them. The crowds were a comfort, almost-- a reminder that he, too, was human; and there was a sense of *something* underneath the dull murmur of collective speech, something like a language under language.

Superstitiously, he returned to the uneven cobble stone corner he'd been at the day before, waiting to hear the words again, as if they might echo. Nothing, and he moved within the living maze, wandering. He paused, asking different faces 'have you seen' and do you know', but their eyes were almost always guarded and suspicious. Having grown up on Tatooine, he knew why-- but their indifference still stung. He felt younger than he had in years, stripped of all his certainty, and father loomed large in his mind like the specter of childhood nightmares. He remembered, now, the red glow he would see behind his eyes as a child, and the black silhouette; how he would scream and scream in the desert night. The memory of Aunt Beru's touch was almost real as the cool wind wound its way through the mass of bodies crowding the street-- she would kiss his brow, as if soothing the invisible eye that made him see such things. She had been very pretty, when he was a child, but still a long way from beautiful, and it seemed to him now that it had all just vanished one day, underneath the shadow of his father he saw in his dreams.

The Widow Skywalker would have been Lady Skywalker once, would have been a maiden before that, who touched and knew and talked to the person that lived under Vader's armor. He tried to see her face, how she must have smiled (or did she ever smile? Was she happy to live, or resentful-- as Owen had been in the end?) -- it was like dipping a crystal in water and trying to divine from the colors. His mind called forth the softness of his childhood voice, asking questions of the woman who wanted to be his mother.
    "What happened to my real mother?" he'd said, and the implication was that the desert woman before him, who existed in varying shades of sand, was somehow fake. A poor imitation. Unreal-- a mirage just out past Mos Espa. For a moment, he wanted his aunt by his side, not to ask questions about the woman who's flesh had made his but to say... to say... Luke rested briefly against the stone wall of a small shop, putting a hand on Atroo's cool silver dome. That sensation seemed to help anchor him in a world filled with half-glimpses. He missed Beru, as desperately as he had when the applause stopped in the thunderous Yavin temple. The grief was somehow fresh and new. Aunt Beru was gone now; fire had polished her into a husk of black Onyx, crumbling in the sand, but he so wished he had remembered to tell her he loved her before he'd taken the t-16 out into the brightness of the morning.

Artoo rocked back and forth, very suddenly-- as if his delicate instrumentation was also attuned to sensing tremors within his master. Luke folded his lean body down beside t

12. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Please give Luke and Padme a proper reunion. These two need to talk.

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    GOOD POST!!!

Yeah!!!!

:D

14. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Seems Padme still remembers her political training after all these years... ;)

Great post Meredith, wonderful as always! :D

*SB*

15. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Ah, that was beautiful! Your writing is so evocative and so vivid, Meredith!

< heaps bucketloads of Godiva around Meredith's desk >

Please, more!

16. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    WOW!!! That's about all I can say. This post totally lived up to my expectations...as did the other ones :) I love the use of imagery it almost feels like you are right there standing next to Padme as she is hearing the news of the galaxy. I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!

17. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Hooray! You posted! More!

18. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Oh, this is wonderful, so vivid! I can see Padmé, and feel the weight of the years of loneliness...

But how did she get there? She must meet Luke! ;)

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I love reading your writing. It is so beautiful and vivid. I can feel both Padme's and Luke's loneliness. I'm going to need a box of tissue when they finally meet.

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Her sadness touched mine today. Beautiful. :)

21. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    very good

22. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Awwww... so Padmé still misses Leia.

I hope she finds Luke soon. I am anxiously awaiting their reunion!

23. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Awwww and Wow! Vivid is an understatement. Detail, detail, detail. I almost wanted to grab a bouquet of flowers and join Padme for breakfast. :)

Can't wait until she hears the name "Skywalker" and not in reference to herself.

I've got apples and crackers to go with the wine and cheese. :D

24. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Lukie, hurry up! Mommy is so near! She seems so lonely! Go get her!

::sits down with a stupid grin on her face::

Please, ma'am, I want some more!

25. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    So far...I LOVE it! [face_love] I'm not really big on Padme fics, but when I started reading, I got totally hocked. It's really good and written wonderfully! Please, please, please post some more! Without question, adding this one to my favorites!

I hope Luke/Leia/Padme find each other and poor Anakin gets forgiven! (yes, I am one of those Anakin nuts) You keep posting, and I'll keep giving feedback! ;)

Caslia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.