main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Wish List

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WYdNeU0Tr1w/TPN2ALtLHxI/AAAAAAAAAHs/YMq_z41i84o/s1600/wl_wish_list.jpg]

They say if you wanna see something done, do it yourself. Haha. They did not know about the wish-list, did they?

Is there a game you always wanted to see done on these boards? Is there an idea you would like someone to try? A franchise perhaps you would like to see around here? Well, write it down in the wish-list. And maybe a GM will like the idea and pick it up.

Here you can lobby for games and try to show the people who create games what you . . . THE PLAYERS . . . want. Of course GMs can also add games that other GMs shall do for them. There is actually only one thing you shall not do, or your wish will not come true. We ask for games, but we do not ask specific GMs around here. So do not address people personally, please.

So write down a wish and who knows . . . they might come true!

[image=http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/File-Find-Object/genie-aladdin.jpg]

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The Arabian Nights book done with either a SW twist or a bookscape. Where the characters are locked in the stories, randomness can insue, and every month or three the pages flutter and they (the players) find themselves in a new setting with a new story fluttering about them to react and interact with.

Take of it what you will.

@};-

3. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    A good old-fashioned, proper Zombie game!

I don´t care if it is a short story-thing or an epic ala Walking Dead, I want it. Man, just because we can´t do gore can´t be we do not have Zombies, right? o_O

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    A western. Any kind of western, I really do not care, but just... a western.

Ditto a mafia game.

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    How about a rehash of old RPG's like FF and Crono trigger with a mafia twist[face_laugh]

A viable star trek RPG (star wars isn't the only interesting thing out there you know)

something with clowns, carnivals, tigers, lions, bears, zombies, mutants, aliens, robots, and general fun all mixed together (this is the hardest of the three)

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I want a shoot em up bounty hunter werewolf, vampire, shifters game. Like Laurel K Hamilton or Patricia Briggs or similar lines.

7. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    ZOMG I almost forgot a vampire slayer reboot PLEASE a vampire slayer reboot.

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I don´t know the authors above, but I´d certainly dig a good Vampire and Werewolf game, too! Maybe even in a historical setting or through several ages of plot unfolding! As an old White Wolf fan that´d be hard to resist for me, indeed. :)

But please no Twilight :p Also it is actually a good title for Vampire stuff. A shame it is ruined. :p

oh and I kinda dig the Arabian Nights idea. Everything episodic would really, really be worth a try, if you ask me! But changing settings could be intruiging. o_O

9. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah and no vampire diaries either [face_sick]

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Of course now I am imagining a Q induced combination of all of the above[face_beatup]

11. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Um no absolutely no oh no, no, no that simply won't do. Dream of puppies or something not that. [face_laugh]
    But I'm serious about a slayer reboot it could include lions, tigers, bears, robots, zombies, vampires, bounty hunters, werewolves, and more. um yeah that would be fun.
    P.S. A vampire slayer is human just a little stronger than most humans

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Agreed on the no Twilight. The two authors are different but similar in that there is usually a bad werewolf, vampire, shifter that either a human bounty hunter goes after or other weres, vamps, shifters go after. I don't care if they want us to be human going against vamps or supernatural going against supernatural. (Though I do think it would be more of a challenge for us to be human.)

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A Zombie Apocalypse game done right would be our crowning achievment, but so many tried . . . so many . . . and we got not even an OP until today. So I think it is our flying Dutchman of sorts.

A Vampire and Werewolve game? Human hunters? Yes, indeed old WW times come to mind and about a million plots from back then making a good game these days . . . too bad I am busy :p I would like a pulpy down and dirty game about the beasts of the night.
    Mixing too much for fan-pleasure might result in a short lived game, though. We would need to have a vision.

And my greatest desire? A SW game in the spirit of the OT. Epic, with a good conclusion and a balance between force and non-force users. And not to heavy on EU please. That place became a mess that ruins my RPing spirits.

I also would be game for TORR II, if one of the GMs from back then would give it a try, or someone would take over.

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Eh, I'd rather it was in current times so the weapons would be more awesome.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This.

16. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    If you have Vampire going back to periods long past could be done in Highlanderesque flashbacks. Or even a companion game for the Vampires. Anybody ever read Masks of Death? Could be a good groundwork to work from.

Not that I will join a lot in the future. But I would love to see more crime stories. I think proceduals can work pretty well in RPing and they are so underused here, because of our SW preference so far . . . and I always dreamt of a TV-series style episodic format. But whenever that is developed somewhere, it looses against another concept. So yeah, a TV-series type of game would be very nice. Another one. We got Darker Tides which is something like that, I heard.

17. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Oh, I would say I could see myself doing a Vampire Hunter game with Hunter players, a very few Vampire characters and Weres as the big bad to both of them. Reading some comics right now that totally fall into that territory. So maybe I´ll let that go through my head in the foreseeable future and do an OP.

Mass Effect. I would like to have another game of that in which I do not have to GM :p

And a good zombie game is a no brainer. Nothing as nice as a bleak fight for survival in an undead infested world, really!

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    A Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 game that I don't have to GM. :D :D

19. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Saint

I'd love a vampire hunting game as well. Bonus for Slayers like in the Buffyverse!

20. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    You will never know how close I was to do this last year. [face_laugh] Well, another board had a bit more of an infrastructure. We need that Dice Roller. :p

Anyway. Vampires. Aaaah!

Zombies. Baeeehh!

Episodic. Hm.[face_thinking]

Yes, I spend too much time with my little daughter. I begin to voice my opinion in her talking-style. :p

Draco, give it a shot. Ashen showed you can do the creepy thing and if not another tsunami comes in between these boards deserve another shot at GMing by you!

21. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    That is what I was thinking with a twist of having monster hunter and other gift people after the baddies aslo possibly make the vampires and werewolves playable.
    Anyone who is interested in getting this game off the ground please talk with me I've already got the semblance of an idea for it along with slayer being both male and female :eek:.

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    @Luke: Ah now I get it, when you mean Vampire slyer, you mean the SLAYER from Buffy? Okay, I did not get that at first. [face_idea]

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I can see myself in a Vampire/Werewolf rpg. No please not Twilight. I like my vampires to not sparkle.;)

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    You know, when I posted that wish I had no idea I'd have this many people agreeing with me. I'm quite shocked.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I guess that is what this thread is there for, right? So it officially works :p

We already learned three things.

1. We all hate sparkling Vampires :p

2. We all like vampires and even more so those who hunt them and Werwolves. And we want a game. Some more, some less.

3. Germans want a Zombie Game ;) Die gehenden Toten? IrgendJEMAND? IRGENDverdammtnochmalJEMAND?