main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "Hours? Ugh. OK, let's scope some safehouses, make arrangements and then wander past the 'Health & Rest Institute.' With luck, we can even find some hutt-slime feeder on his way home to observe."

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    (As for the hologram finding, I can think of nowhere in Star Wars where this sort of thing is done, short of some sort of tracing an actual message while or after it has been transmitted. As this is just a hologram that sort of thing is immaterial, and if it was an issue the people of the Seventh Star would have done something about it. It's why they have been in the business for at least 40 years. 10 cool points for the unique idea though.
    Flying back home now, hopefully the Force is with me.)

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Waiting for an action...)

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    ((should have a post up tonight. work's been driving me crazy a of late))

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry gets up and walks out the door, waiting there for the rest of the team to join him.

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry is outside, blinking at the change in lighting, and realizes that he's here alone. For a second, irrational paranoia kicks in--has this all been a trap? Then is rational mind reminds him that he isn't that important, and doesn't know enough to be worth that level of time, effort, or resources. Maybe one day, but not now.

So, he looks around casually, and braces the wall while waiting for his team-mates.

>>c'mon folks, it only takes a minute or so to post something. It's been almost a week since someone other than Katana or I posted anything with substance.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    ((Sorry))

Follows Hirry out the door.

((Did we ever stop for weaponry? I can't remember if I specified what sort of blaster etc I have. Think I was looking at a generic blaster sidearm from the Galaxy at War boor))

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    OOC: Okay guys, I have had major Internet problems. it's Wednesday and this is basically the first time I have managed to get on since Sunday, and I am at work! I am hoping this sorts itself out, but if it doesn't we may have to temporarily suspend the game.
    Daj, I have your character sheet on my PC, I tbhink you DO have weapons on there.
    And I was under the impression you guys were going to go and take a look at the "hospital" after going to the Seventh Star. I can lead you guys to a starship, but you actually have to turn it on.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ((No worries. Hothie and I are working on our house this week and weekend so that's going to take away from my net time as well.))

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Net is a bit better, you guys moving on now?)

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hope so. I've been waiting to move on for some time. Seems like ages.

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Can I safely assume then you guys take the train? I do need a little bit of input from you.)

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Whatever is the most inconspicuous public transport. Train sounds good.

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    You leave the Seventh Star and board the train, alighting at South Redloheb, a rather austere place compared to the bright lights of Uscru, yet here and there are signs of activity. Yet the people here seem not inclined to linger, they move with purpose.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080226171116/starwars/images/5/5a/Crou.jpg]

Your destination, the "rest home", is a tall brown-coloured building with no connecting walk ways attached. The building descends to below street level and above you can see there must be a landing platform on the roof, from the vehicle you can see landing up there. But there appears to be no entrance at street level.

(okay guys, what do you want to do now?)

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That's it huh? Let's head in.

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "No ground level door lets them control access. We'll need a vehicle to get in and out. Any vehicle that lands will be monitored or just set everyone on alert. Alternatively, we blow or burn a hole in a wall on ground level or from a subsurface level. Every look around for any kind of access to maintenance tunnels below here."

Do we make rolls?

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Yes, just tell me what you are looking for. You may also want to look around at the people)

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Look to see who is around, and how any of them art getting into the building (or are any of them going in?).
    Look for access to maintenance tunnels in the walkways and open areas.
    Do any buildings share a common wall with the "rest home"?
    Is there a major power junction/regulator box nearby?

16+?

Anyone think of anything I missed?

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    A small airspeeder truck descends from the rest home and stops at street level, the doors open and quite a few people (all human) get out. Most of them gather in a group and walk off in the other direction away from you.
    One of them, looking rather pre-occupied, walks right past you without looking at you. As he passes a sturdily-built human who was leaning against a building follows starts to follow him. He's pressing a few keys on a datapad as he follows his quarry, who turns down a side alley.

(Okatyy, this is going to lead directly into an encounter. Make sure you have everything read as I have to post a few things up.)

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    "Everyone spread apart and get your blasters ready."
    Hirry moves to the nearest edge of the walkway to tail the guy tailing the rest-home employee.

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Roll a Stealth check, and anyone else who is going to follow this guy)

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
  23. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (I'll call that a success as he's distracted and not making a check against you. Anyone else?)

24. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry looks around, wondering where his crew went.

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (The GM looks around the table, wondering where her players went. I was this close to putting up the battle map for the encounter, guys...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.