main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I didn't see any of the Throne Room Duels- drat!

I did pick up an extra Unleashed Boba Fett at Toys B Us. I think they had the Speeder Leia.

2. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok, went by Toys R Us last night. Picked up the Anain saber in a pak with 3 figures for $14.99. Didn't see any Unleashed figures, or much else. They had a few 3/4 figs, some Jedi and other 3-4 paks, and some 12" figures.

Got the SW Insider last night. I want an Unleashed Clone Trooper! They had a list of the ones out and upcoming ones- man, they are getting better and better! If anyone finds a Hoth/speeder Luke or a Clone Trooper I'll be glad to trade my extra Boba Fett! I'm also on the lookout for the second wave of Clone Wars figs- if anyone see them give me a yell.

Oh, they also said a 3/4 Admiral Ozzel is coming out this year. I wonder if it will come with a 6-pak of Natty Light? I've got a Superman figure that falls down whenever you get a 'kryptonite' magnet ring next to him. Man, I wish they'd do a 2-pak with Ozzel or other officers and a Vader with a magnet in his hand. You could get Vader near them and f-choke them!

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Just got back from the Target on Hickory Hill- I am now the proud new owner of the Throne Room Luke and Vader!

They also have several of the Clone Wars 1st wave.

Ran into a guy searching the HotWheels- he had'n seen any Batmobiles there, but saw some out in Bartlett at the SuperWalmart...

4. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm now the proud owner of a holographic Luke from Wal-mart!!!! Also.....I have seen a deluxe package of JABBA and his minions here at the Covington Wal-Mart...anyone interested and I'll get them for you and pay me back or trade. Jabba w/ salacious crumb....and the other is the slug...Bo'marr monk and someone else..not sure....want one "PM" me

John

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Groovy- I'm off at lunch to check out the Target by Hickory Hill.

Oh, keep your eye out for Hotwheels Batmobiles. They've got 3 or 4 different small ones, and 2 larger 1/18th scale '89 movie ones.

6. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Anyone here into Transformers? I just got an Alternators Smokescreen. :)

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm not- but John may be.

I just got back from Target. Nothing new. I did pick up the jedi kids and a snowtrooper. They had a ton of the Clone Wars animated figs- 1st wave.

No Batmobiles...

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, Ben, got any Zoids you're still looking for? They have them on clearance at KB Toys in Raleigh Springs Mall. (The store is going out of business.)

9. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I wouldn't mind one of these if you see it.

http://www.artvilla.com/zoids/z99/pteras.htm

I'm too short on space for anything bigger though. [face_plain]

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    John: I stopped by the RiteAid and got that Boba you told me about. BTW- they close at 10pm, although they'll ask you to leave at a quarter 'til.

I saw some more of the Clone wars toon figures at Target. I got all the second wave except for Yoda.

Toys B Us had more of the Unleashed Obi, Han, Yoda, and Boba. Didn't see any Luke or Chewie.

If anyone sees a non-toon Clone Wars Asajj Ventress figure let me know- oh, and a Clone Tropper single or set if there is one. I meant to pick up the Stormtrooper set the last time I saw them...

11. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    There are about 6 boba Fetts....4 Han Hoth w/ lightsaber.....2 anakin secret ceremony...and 4 snowtroopers @ millington Wal-mart lastnight!!!! I dare you to ask me how I know LOL
    John

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Why am I not surprized...?

Can't say too much. Between last night and this afternoon I hit about 3 or 4 stores...

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    It's official. I've been hanging out with you guys too long. I just realized that I was arranging Unleashed figures while cleaning my bedroom....no, Han can't be facing that direction 'cause it looks like he's trying to shoot Luke....

ACK! I'm going to paint my nails now.

14. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Good thing I've only got the Leia and Padme unleashed figures, they can fight anytime....:)

I finally came across the Throne Room Vader and Luke. Not very impressed with the Vader but got it anyways. The Luke on the other hand is pretty awesome. Cool action feature. Wish I could bring myself to open it so I could play with it.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You should see our room. It looks like a damn fangirl has moved in. :p

16. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Dale I have an extra Throne Room duel Luke and Vader you can buy to open if you want!!! I'll be at Tim's Sunday setting up shop for all my SW customers :) !!!

Oh yeah where in MS can you buy those protech cases?

John

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Dale I have an extra Throne Room duel Luke and Vader you can buy to open if you want!!! I'll be at Tim's Sunday setting up shop for all my SW customers !!!"

You damn plastic pusher, you...

18. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    PLASTIC PUSHER!!!!!!!!!! Patience my young Dork Vader.....I have your plastic set aside for you....along with 2 others I found yesterday..............a new R2 and a cool looking stormtrooper from ANH!!!!! I'll be there Sunday!!! If you can't afford I do have a finance program and a possible layaway program LOL!!!!!! ;)

John

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That's going to become John's title, I think- The SMT Plastic Pusher!

20. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    The only place I've found Star Cases is Tennessee Card Company. But I don't like spending nearly 3 bucks a peice on them when I could order them online for about 99 cents.

www.wholesalecases.com

It's worth it, I'd buy some more (lord knows I need them) but I've got to replace an idler arm on my little junky truck, gonna run me about 200 bucks parts and labor. And I just put some new rims in layaway at hubcap annie's, so I'm kinda thin when it comes to cash right now. I doubt I'll make it Sunday, going to the movies with my parents to check out this Passion of Christ movie. No new toys since my last post, but I have bought a few comics. Had to have some sort of reading material while I sat at Gateway tire for 4 HOURS waiting for them to tell me they'll have to replace a part before they can align the front end of my truck.......

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I hate it when it takes them three hours to tell you that can't do the work without replacing [enter car part here] first. And they never have crap to read that isn't hunting, fishing, or sports related, the coffee pot never works, and the TV only picks up channel 50, but only if you sit there and hold the antennae. (And you try anyway lest Betty Lou, sitting next to you with her bouffant hairdo and frosted lipgloss, will start to tell you her life story. Her WHOLE life story.) And then Leroy, fresh from his 10th smoke break since putting your car on the lift, comes out to give you the spiel that always starts with "Lookacheer". It all makes me really miss having a mechanic in the family.

Sorry- Anytime I hear about anyone sitting around at a car shop I start to have flashbacks.

22. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Well it's not toys but it's definitly something we'd all like to have. I recently found my cd that has all the original starwars trailers. None of that special edition crap, I'm talking 1977 cheesy as crap star wars trailers. I love it.

3 Star Wars
    3 Empire
    1 REVENGE (pretty cool)
    2 Return

I feel as though I've found the holy grail.

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I have got to see that!!

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You know, Dale- We are doing costuming again this weekend. You and April are welcome to come and hang out....

....and share your SW trailers!

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Dale- copies would make great Christmas presents... and a great opening to one of the drive-in movie nights!

Got a new Killer Croc fig from my buddy Dave. His little brother told me he sees that one and other all the time in Memphis/Millington and has almost all the rare figures- Croc, Joker, Robin, and Mr. Freeze! I've got to hit more Walmarts...

Got two prototype figures coming in from ebay- a Clone Trooper and Asajj Ventress!

Have ya'll checked out the Clone Wars cartoons on Cartoon Network? The new ones start around MSC time this month. I'm really diggin' them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.