main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Third Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft [USWD Trial Underway]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You know what would have made this trump better? If they were prepared. By Padme. :p

Anyways, cohesion suckage or not, I'm voting for Anakin and his darker self. I'm amused at the thought of Mara and Leia discussing how to defeat Anakin and Vader at the same time, and them wondering exactly how it's happening. That would be a very, very fun conversation to listen to.

But in terms of actual match mechanics, AnaVader simply outpower and outskill their opponents, and I highly doubt they'd actually try to kill each other ... at least not before they dispatched their actual opponents. Sure, Mara and Kyp might try some smooth talking to get Anakin and Vader to attack each other, but I don't see either of them buying into it until the match is over.

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah. Maybe if it was Leia fighting instead of the others there might be a chance of causing some problems for Ani/Vader, but not in its present state.

3. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Vader couldn't kill Anakin because then he wouldn't exist. And Anakin has no reason to Kill vader because he doesn't know who he is. So cohesion won't be a problem. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    ...Results? Judgments? Anyone?

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I thought Kypt and I had posted judgments. But i got a PM from KenKenobi asking me to allow him a chance to argue this match.

6. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Hi friends!

7. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    What the hell is it with my opponents arguing matches that they can't possibly win?

8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Hi friends!

This place looks a little different. I like it.

Wait, can't possibly win? Oh. I...know nothing of any ambassadors. You must be mistaken.

But...yeah, I'll post something before too long.

Happy Tenth!

9. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    1) Is this on ground or in space?
    2) Does it matter which?

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    On the ground, Force-allowed combat.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Waited long enough ... I'm moving on ... It's just a trial draft, after all ... not even for colors

Anakin forfeit hits Kenobi TRUMP Ulic
    Kyp forfeit hits Krayt
    Ulic forfeit hits Bane

Team Rufio (4) vs. Ko He shin (6)

So, NYJ wins that round.

That sets up a rubber match to get the championship. If both of you agree, I suggest we use the new rules for this one. That is, instead of a giant cluster**** team battle at the end, we have ten individuals and three team battles.

Here's how prep/strategists will work: whoever they prep, they will also prep that character's group for team battle. So, at most two of your groups will have prep for teams, and at least one will not. Consider this additional strategy.

Get me some numbers, with this new plan in mind. (everyone competes in teams, not just survivors)

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Team Rufio (0) vs. Ko He shin (0)

NF1 to start ...

Boba Fett TRUMPED with Kyle Katarn vs. General Grievous

13. Nichtganz

Nichtganz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    I would have to say the duo, despite Grievous being better than either of them.

14. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Going for the trump here. Both are extremely experienced and skilled, and Boba's mobility is going to give them the advantage here

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Agreed. Also, forgot to mention that Mara was preparing that duo, which makes it less close.

Also, Katarn forfeit obviously hits Durge prepared by Judder Page

Team Rufio (0) vs. Ko He shin (0)

NF3 now ...

Ulic Qel-Droma TRUMPED with Kyp Durron vs. Darth Vader (Prepared by Nial Declann)

16. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    With Prep I might have given this to the trump, but Vader prepped is going to be too strong in this situation. Maybe if the trump had some decent cohesion I might have gone the other way.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I will once again agree with you ...

That Durron forfeit hits Darth Bane at #4

Team Rufio (1) vs. Ko He shin (3)

NF1 now ...

Luke vs. Darth Krayt

No real need to wait on that one

and then NF 2 makes it

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Exar Kun

I lean heavy to Kenobi here ...

18. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Agreed

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Team Rufio (3) vs. Ko He shin (3)

To the pilots ...

P4

Hobbie TRUMPED with Janson vs. Saesee Tiin TRUMPED with Anakin Skywalker

20. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Anakin>Saesee>Janson>Hobbie

The rebels good cohesion helps, but it's not going to be enough against two Jedi Masters

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And it's not like Anakin and Saesee don't have good cohesion themselves. This is probably as close to a boom as it gets with pilots of this level.

Janson forfeit hits Tycho TRUMP Gavin
    Anakin forfeit hits Han (Prepared by Leia)
    Gavin forfeit hits Soontir Fel

Team Rufio (5) vs. Ko He shin (5)

In no-Force-allowed combat:

Kyle Katarn and Boba Fett (Prepared by Mara Jade Skywalker) vs. General Grievous and Durge (Prepared by Judder Page)

22. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Whoa, that went by quick. I suppose it's a bit late for the Skywalker/Vader argument? :p

Speaking of Vader, though, I do think he'd have a toughter time with that trump considering their stack of power and the crazy stuff Ulic pulls off in TotJ. But oh well. We get to try out the new teams style now! And stuff.

Which means I should probably make an argument, if we're gonna try it out. As far as this first matchup goes, instead of making it longer and loading up with tons of details (unless somebody would like that?), I think another overarching listy-thing of the battle would do well.

1. Experience

When it comes down to it, experience can really be the deal breaker. You can have a massive power advantage, but if you're inexperienced, an apt opponent can easily turn it against you. You can have tons of skill through training, but an opponent who has refined their abilities through experience knows more than just technique-- they know how to win.

Again, we don't need to list flitnattic details of everyone's experience here. Fett's killed a bajillion different beings, Grievous is a noted Jedi killer, Durge has his fair share of the same, and Katarn's run through legions of everything from stormtroopers to Darktroopers to Pooka Reborn to omniscient Inquisitors. No one here can really be classified as "inexperienced."

However, Fett and Kyle do have a few major advantages. Starting with the fact that, well...

A.) Boba Fett's already faced Durge in combat before, and defeated him.

With only a jet pack and a brick. And the latter he smashes into the head of his bounty Libkath, who he was also combating at the same time.

And he does it as a ten-year-old. Which is just...yeah.

Of course, fast forward two years later, and...

B.) Boba Fett's faced General Grievous in combat as well.

This time Fett doesn't send his opponents into flames (obviously, we all saw Grievous with only a cough in RotS), but considering the fact that he had just destroyed an entire hurtling ship loaded with explosives, fought his way into and all the way up the CIS citadel through Confederacy forces, and was in the midst of fighting both Wat Tambor with his evil purple beams and the Mizariyan itself before the General showed up with battle droids...that's not too shabby.

Plus, again, he's also only twelve years old.

--Sidenote...how does Fett initially react to Grievous and the droids adding to his Tambor and tentacle party? By using his equipment and experience with Durge to create a hologram of the sadistic cyborg.

And how does Grievious respond? By giving his droids the order to kill, because he hates Durge.

C.) Who's the Mayor of Sernpidal? And Kyle Katarn?

This is basically the converse of the first two points. Where Fett has intimate knowledge through having already faced both of his opponents, in this exact situation (actually, even more difficult ones), they...well, they don't. Their experience with Boba Fett comes before he even reaches Mandalorian maturity, let alone when he becomes the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, and they know nothing about the unorthodox wild card that is Kyle Katarn.

Of course, Kyle doesn't exactly know all that much about them, either-- except that he and Fett, who as noted does possess that invaluable knowledge and experience, are going to be planning this all out together beforehand. And with Katarn's longtime friend and former Emperor's Hand Mara Jade, no less. Afterall, they're a team here, and Fett has trained an entire clan of some of the most deadly warriors in the entire galaxy, not to mention teaching Jedi in particular.

2. Weaponry

Well, without the Force coming into play, the "power" category usually relating to Force abilities is pretty much effectively replaced by the "power" of the combatants' weaponry. Of course, that Fett and Katarn far surpass their opponents in terms of firepower and equipment is pretty straightforward, and again we don't need to jump

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, I'm going with Boba and Kyle here. Having some prep time is key, as they'll have three great minds, and one of which (Boba) has access to some really great resources that will pretty much nullify Grievous' offense and be a formidable offense against Durge.

24. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002

I thought they were prepped by Mara?

I don't have much to say because I've never played the Katarn video games, and never watched the clone wars cartoons or read the comics.

though I imagine Katarn is going to die relatively quickly, since it took Kenobi with the force to take the good general down, and this is Kyle without.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They are prepped by Mara. That means Mara, Kyle, and Boba are all able to come together and work out the strategy and share resources. And Boba has some sweet Lightsaber-proof metal in his armor, that I'm sure he'd be willing to share with Kyle to get the job done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.