main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Third meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ToxicNed, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, I just made the call myself... 4:30 to 9:15 pretty much every night.

Unfortunately, I'm booked for Sundays. Is there another bowling alley that's on the east side?

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    There is Dream Lanes on 13 Atlas Court just off of Cottage Grove Road, but it's the same situation. Leagues play from 6- 8:30pm and I asked if we just played from 5 to 6 and they said that they can't do that because they have to use that time to prep the lanes for the leagues.

So basically, we have to come up with a different night, or later time. I wouldn't mind going earlier even, but I know that some of you couldn't make it then...or could you?

Once again, it's up to you fine people. :)

3. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Not until mid-October will I be able to come earlier. We just hired our part-time employee and from what the boss has told me, I'll be working with him the first few Saturdays.

So, any other suggestions? We can still meet on Saturday BUT we can do something other than bowl.

4. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Saturdays not looking to good for me now anyway. I forgot about the World Dariy Expo, this weekend if I worked I'd be getting off at 5pm if I was lucky

5. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    This might sound crazy, but what if we went bowling after 9pm? We could still meet at the food court at about 8:30pm and get to the alley after the leagues cleared out.

Of course Kelly and Megan would stay home, since we don't want Megan staying up too late. She would sleep at the alley, I think, but it's best to have her in the comfort of her home.

Otherwise, we could just meet and talk, like the last two meetings. We do have a lot to decide on. But doing something together afterwards is always fun.

Seems like it's ToxicNed, Rouge_Niner, and myself...if we meet later. If we stick to the 5pm ish schedule, Kelly and Megan will join us. :)

6. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Rick, you forgot about MiladyJ, who announced she should be able to make it. Also, we already made the announcement that it was going to be at five, so if someone doesn't read these threads they will miss the meeting if we shift to nine.

We need to decide what we're going to do. I'll have to get it to Sebulba-X so it can get posted, so if I don't hear anything by tomorrow evening, it'll have to stay as is.

I do agree with Rick though. We don't need to go bowling, and we do need to talk about what direction we're taking the group in. So maybe just meeting at the food court and talking there would be best.

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I apologize to MiladyJ. I didn't mean to forget her. I just read up the last several posts to see who was actually posting their opinions and etc. Sorry.

Yes, moving it might not be the best idea. I say stick with 5pm and if we want to, we could get together again, around 9pm, to go bowling...those who want to.

Yeah...yeah...that's the ticket! :D

EDIT: BTW (by the way) Sebulba-X has handed the reigns back to Bobafemme (see thread "You Belong to the Emperor Now..."), so Bobafemme is the one we will have to contact from now on. Just FYI

8. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, that one slipped my mind... Looks like I'm gonna have to get Bobafemme's e-mail address AND SPAM..., I mean notify her of any changes. :D

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    If the meeting were moved back to 8:30 I'd make it unless I'm stuck at work for some reason

10. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Rogue_Niner, it's a little late for us to move the time back. The time has been announced for quite some time now, and to change it the night before just ain't kosher. If you'd like, PM or e-mail me with a way to contact you on Saturday and I'll let you know if the group will be getting together that night to do anything.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I know it wouldnt be good to change the time the night before. As of right now I should make 5pm as long as I'm off by 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.