main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Map is Your Life! Official Map of the Boards, Revised Revised Revised Revised Edition v6.1 beta

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cobranaconda, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    JC World Atlas Circa MMVIII

It has once again come to that time of year when Cobra gets to make his famous map. It?s also a time when people wonder what new stuff will be put in it. Unfortunately, the answer is not much, because I?m lazy. Thus, read on, and begin your adventure into the realm of the JC! Avoid trolls, apprentice yourself to a worthy master, learn posting skills, level up, and complete existence! (As you can see, I?ve been playing too many games).

Anyway, I shall once again thank dArTh_wenley for the first of these, Jedi_Washington, for the second, myself, for the 3rd, 4th, 5th and now 6th of these, Jedi_Daniel, for graciously allowing me to post these every year, and all the oldbies who keep linking to it.

dArTh_wenley?s Map
    Jedi_Washington?s Map
    Cobranaconda?s First Map
    Cobranaconda?s Second Map
    Cobranaconda?s Third Map
    Cobranaconda's Fourth Map

And now, onto the map:

Welcome

Welcome New Users

The introduction, the start, the beginning, the inception, the birth, the onset of a mighty and wonderful JC career! (Yes, I did just use as many words as possible to say ?start?. I?m weird). So, this is where you start. Just like at the beginning of every game, this is how you get going, figure out the controls, learn a few moves, find someone to train you in the old ways, and generally act funny.

There are loads of social threads and things and wonderful places in the WNU, and they?re all nicely detailed in the Index, but I?ll give you better directions, so bear with me.

The Newbie Welcome Party ? What newbies do to pass the time.

The Hug Thread ? For hugging (obviously).

Getting To Know You ? Random ask question/get answer game!

The Pillow Fight ? For hitting people. With pillows.

Teh Mole Game ? The WNU?s long running and popular game.

Practice Markup Codes ? Test out your markups. If these don?t work, you?ll be laughed at, so level up specifically in this area.

Newbie Adoptions ? This is the bit where you get yourself a master. They won?t ask you to do anything weird, usually, but they will impress the general idea of the JC onto you, and may impart some tips as to how you can overthrow the almighty rhonderoo and become the Overlord of the JC!!! [/kidding] It?s currently run by the brilliant Skiara, she?ll hook the newbies up with a master, and the oldbies up with an apprentice. Usually, the oldbies are more timid than the newbies, so newbies, PMing an oldbie might be a good idea?

Jedi_Daniel is [a former] WNU?s moderator. He is currently above level 70, and is able to utterly annihilate trolls, flamers and spammers with only ONE HIT!!! Beware his banstick.

Star Wars Film

2. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Good job! I can find things now![face_dancing]
    =D= =D= =D=

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Have I reached level five yet? :confused:

4. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Your registration date seems to point that way, yes :p

5. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Come on Trika, you know you're older than most of us, that icon is decieving the newbies.:mad: :p [:D]

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Shhh! Don't talk so loudly! They'll all find out!

7. DunedinJedi

DunedinJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2007
    Although I am not entirely new :p I think I missed the other ones, Nicely done :)

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Good work! :D

But why don't you give FanForce its own chapter? Of course listing all existing FF would be a bit of an overkill, but naming the main parts? Like FanForce: FF Canada, Europe, USA Midsouth, etc.

What do you think?

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, with Fanforce it's pretty easy anyway. They just have to look down, find the region they live in, et voila. Linking to them to it here is no different than linking to the main page, really.

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    But if you add all the JC-boards, then FF should be there as well in my view, because it's a huge part of this forum. Of course, it just needs a general describtion, but I think it's worth to add at least the main boards to give an idea and to show that FF is there.

It's good that you mentioned FF in your last part, but honestely, I missed it almost, because I looked through the main boards. And it would be sad, if a newbie miss it, just because s/he doesn't read everything. Don't you think?

:)

11. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    [Sorry I missed this, went to studio yesterday and spent the rest of the day in pain :p ]

But, to be honest, most of the time someone (usually you) points out FF in newbies threads anyway. Plus, this map has always just consisted of the JC. I never put FanForce in before, though I do always put in a link to the Open House. If one of the RSA's wants to do a FanForce map, more power to them, but there's no way I'm going to list so many regions when they're all on the main menu anyway. Plus, Fanforce has a united purpose, there's no need for descriptions, so it'd just be a list of links. The main idea behind the map is not only to link, but also to describe what each forum does (like, what's the difference between SWC and The Saga forums?) :p Because all Fanforce forums are generally built around the same purpose, there's no point.

12. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Awesome job as always!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.