main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "If You Seek His Monument, Look Around You" - The Man of Steel and Announced Sequel Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 9, 2006.

1. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I would like Braniac and Zod with Luthor in the background.

Do we really know for sure that Jason is his son?

Jason has pretty bad allergies and asthma so when Lex is holding the Kryptonite near him, he could just look sick because of stress which can trigger asthmatic reactions.

We see the piano fly across the room, but it is obvious that Jason is intentionally off-screen when this happens.

Also, when he goes to the locked steel door, we think he is just going to break the lock, but again the direction is very intentional about stopping him from doing this.

Why the piano flew across the room for any other reason is something for which I just don't have an explanation, but if he isn't actually Kal-El's son, then I'm sure the writer's will have an explanation.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Jason is Clark's son. That's been confirmed by everyone. He has asthma because his lungs are developing. His invulnerability will cure his allergies. Jason shoved the piano, because it moved far too fast for it to be caused by the tilting of the boat. It was a super speed push. Plus, you have Lois telling Superman while he is unconscious. She wouldn't lie just to get him to live.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [face_laugh]

4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    What's so funny? Your opinion of Lois is that low, that you think she'd stoop to lying like that? She's telling him what she knows to be true in her heart and what she witnessed. Even Lex figured it out, without seeing the piano being thrown. All that did was confirm what he suspected.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    if it was true that Lois lied that would just hurt Superman so much

6. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    No no, Sinister, I adore Lois. I just laughed at the statement because it's a funny impossibility.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    What giving Superman a reason to live? It's a cliche in Hollywood.

8. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I was under the impression that Lois did not know that he was Superman's son, and that she did not even realize it until he threw the piano.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    she probably thought about it but didn't come to the full realization until the piano incident. anyway, i'm really curious as to how they'll handle Jason in this one. if he'll be a key part of the story or if he'll be pushed into the background

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    My opinion is that if this movie is supposed to be Wrath of Khanesque, then Doomesday has to factor into this in some way, shape, or form. I think this is probably where we'll see some form of the Death of Superman arc play out onscreen. Then of course the Reign of Supermen plays out in the next film.

Either that or they'll 'kill' Lois to resurrect her in the third film.:p (last statement was a joke)

11. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I doubt it. We've already seen Superman "die" once, I don't think we need it again, at least not until the third movie.

12. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I agree. I also think that WB has pretty much given up on the "Death of Superman" thing after so many stalled atempts at it.

I think its for the best. I've always considered that a dark time in not just Superman but comics in general. Thats just me though. I never particularly cared for Doomsday.

Routh has weighed in on the villian

Brandon Routh and Bryan Singer Tease "Superman Returns" Sequel

Posted by RT-News on Friday, Nov. 17, 2006, 12:25 AM

Ftopel writes: "At the DVD launch party for "Superman Returns," Brandon Routh continued offering teases for the as yet unwritten sequel, The Man of Steel. This time, he speculated on who a new villain might be.

"There's a lot of talk about Braniac," said Routh. "Everyone wants to see Braniac. But I'll tell you what, in the video game 'Superman Returns,' you can play as Bizarro. Bizarro's pretty fun. I would lean towards one of those. Braniac, there's a lot of possibilities there. He's another mastermind villain so he can create any number of evil things."

Inside the party, Bryan Singer could be overheard suggesting the sequel will be two hours and seven minutes with lots of action. He also promised to give Tristan Lake Leabu, who plays the young superkid, a lot to do.

Back on the red carpet, Routh admitted he'd had some doubt a sequel would materialize, but always hoped to play Superman at least twice. "Maybe a little bit, but I have intended from the very beginning when I got the role to know that I'd at least wanted to do two films. Do the first one, get my feet, figure out what I'm doing and then the second one, it's not a piece of cake but it's definitely much more enjoyable and definitely let it all hang out there.""

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I can see Bizarro so long as he's done well.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think that Bizzaro could be great but I also think that it could end up like Superman 3.

I wonder if they did do him if Routh would play him as well.

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [face_thinking]

16. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    The only thing I'd like to see him do alot of is disappear.

17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not too fond of Bizarro but if they do him just do me favor and keep Lex out of his origin. If Lex creates him it'll mirror Superman IV too closely which was horrible.

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    If done right, Bizarro could be very cool; though it could also be very silly. I wouldn't mind seeing a Bizarro Lois, since I can't stand that actross 'Bosworth' whats her name. Terrible casting choice for Lois Lane. Turn her into a Bizarro, then I might like her better.

19. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    How the hell can Bryan Singer state that the film will be two hours and seven minutes in length, with at least TWO AND A HALF years before it is released, and without a single shot of film made??? And without a script being written???

20. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Because that's the length of the movie that he wants to aim for instead of it being a 2.5 hour film. I'd honestly be thrilled if SR2 was as long as SR.

21. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    If Bizarro is the villain, the production team is going to have to tread the very fine line between the coolness that is Bizarro and the ridiculousness that is equally Bizarro.

Bizarro would be tough; Darkseid would be awesome.

22. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    No offence to Superman fans, but all these 'super-villians' sound and look ridiculous. I really hope that NONE of them appear in the sequel.

I didn't read the comics, grew up on the films. I liked how that the bad guys where human (Luthor), or looked human and were basically evil-Supermen (Zod, etc.)

Gotta stay away from the caroonish look and feel. That was what destroyed the Burton / Schumacher Batman series. Look at the success of Batman Begins and Superman Returns... NON-CAMPY human villains.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No, Schumacher destroyed the Bat series.

You can take any villian and make them campy or make them straight.

24. WolverineOfTheORS

WolverineOfTheORS Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2006
    Bizarro has to be involved! They could create some memorable fighting sequences with the technology we have today. Seeing Superman and Bizarro battle it out may just redeem Singer's vision of Superman. I'm not here to bash Superman Returns, but it was very dissapointing and the next film needs a lot of work if the Superman franchise is to take off.

25. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    QFT. Schumacher took the Batman series deviated from Burton's established dark formula. Schumacher turned it into a camp-fest. Singer could easily take Darkseid and play him straight and even alter his look so it is not as campy as the comic book look. It's all about adjusting to fit the medium and making sure that things are not overdone ala Batman and Robin.

Singer just has to take his story seriously and it will be fine. That's what he did with the first two X-Men films and they were both critical and box office successes.