main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark This place needs a random hang-out thread!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    well i found out today that i wont graduate until dec cause my professors want a really refined product. stupid grimm brothers!!! i think what i got is perfect.

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Were you supposed to get to graduate at the end of summer term?
    Professors can be annoying like that.
    I'm only half way to the masters, then it's on to the phd.
    so, basically i'll be in school for the rest of my life.
    Good thing that I work here now.
    Good luck on the re-write.
    It was great to meet you at Jacob's movie night.
    Hyper

3. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
  4. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    i took one semester in college. then they wanted me to pay for classes i didn't want to take to get a degree. for some reason i find that completly insane. i want to major in history so i must take algebra. dear god does anyone else find that absurd?

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome to the wonderful world of higher education.
    Don't forget that to get a degree in history you must not only take algebra but a few physcial educaion hours and then there's the science and the humanities and the arts....
    However, in other countries you just study what you major are is going to be because they realize that you just took all those other things in your secondary education....
    Oh well, everybody has to be somewhere...
    Later
    [face_pig]

6. Korvyn

Jun 3, 2005
    maybe i will just go to another country to get my degree lol

7. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    dood, its called a rounded education. hey dont knock phys ed. i majored in phys ed. i coached for a while. in fact when i take over at my new job, i intend to get volleyball put in so i can coach it.

8. Korvyn

Jun 3, 2005
    P.E. is great actually they need more of it. back when i was in school we ran a 1/2 mile everyday but wendsday and that one we ran a full mile. they had lunchtime sports seasons. where we had basketball seasons and soccor seasons. i loved it. now my sister whos 10 years younger doesn't even have P.E.

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    And the unluckiest person on the planet award goes to ...
    ME!!!
    Last night, around 11 or so, my dryer decided to catch on fire, destroying the dryer, the laundry room, the kitchen, the room off of the kitchen and part of the second floor above the laundry/kitchen area. Fortunately nobody got hurt and Arnold got all my critters out of the house. My boys were spending the night at my moms and Arnold got home in time to wake me up and so all is well...At least I didn't have very much at the place. And to think that I complained when it took me an extra two days to get the keys because Harold (owns the house) wanted me to get insurance...However, my rates probably just went up.
    Anyway, see you all at the movies tomorrow evening in costume (partly in costme anyway)
    Later
    Hyper

10. Korvyn

Jun 3, 2005
    that sucks. but at least you did have insurance. the rates probably won't go tup to bad. my grandma's house caught fire and took half the house with it. hers didn't go up but 10 bucks. and that dropped back down a couple years later. better to pay a few bucks extra for insurance than a new house. glad nobody was hurt tho and all the critters made it out.

11. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Been a litte quiet this week, hasn't it?

This weather is killing me. I must find a job with AC.

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    This week wasn't exactly quiet for me, just quiet on this part of my little universe.
    Dodge, are you making it in this heat ok?
    Be careful this week, since it's supposed to be hot.
    I'll be thinking about you while I'm sitting in my little hospital room.
    See you guys this weekend.
    Hyper

13. Korvyn

Jun 3, 2005
    Just got in from Branson. me and the wife needed a break and since e got season passes to silver dollar city we ran up there. had a blast but wasn't looking to going back to work in the heat again today.

14. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Just got back from Memphis. I found my studio keys and got it all cleaned out. Just need to deposit all the crap in storage on Monday after work. Blech!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.