main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG TIE INTERCEPTOR COMING!!!! TO SINGAPORE

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by HumsupFett, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Think this country is the first to see it in retail and I'm proud of it. But it retails at $80, bit steep for me to bring that home. But then, do anybody care of its existence here? :(

By the way, I am buying the 12" Death Star 3 pack and that'll cost me a whopping $160!! at this time of the year, economy downturn and such, I feel like I'm sinned to spend this kind of money on toys BUT this set, I've been eying ever since there's news of its release back in January this year. So its a 8 months wait and the economy is still hype back then..... gotta hid those away from the prying eyes of my girlfriend....she'll go ballistic seeing those :D

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I can almost gaurantee we wont get them in NZ, we didnt even get the y wing or desert skiff.

wanna send some over?

3. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Much as I would like to help but I was calling this shop that has tons of them there just on Tuesday because I finally breaks down and hope to have one Interceptor, the friendly voice at the other side told me they've all been sold out!! SO FAST!!! I tot I saw about 50 over sets there just 2 days ago :(

They say there'll be a re-stock but there is no news when. By the way, I'm also looking for a Y-Wing now and I missed out on it when they are here a couple of months back.

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    just as I mention that, we just recieved the new wave of figures!
    Ketwol, Ellors Madak, Sabe, and Bespin security guard. and guess where...K-Mart of all places. I had lost faith in them, but they have finally re-stocked.

5. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Congrats Chansplace!! So you should be grabbing them handful now :)

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I thaw I saw the Y-Wing somewhere at Orchard recently but I could be dreaming. ?[face_plain] I'll check again tomorrow when I'm in Orchard for the monthly Tanglin Mall Night Bazaar.

I can't wait too for the latest wave of POTJ stuffs too. I'll getting the new Vader and Sabe: Queen Decoy and maybe a buncha other figures. Wish they can fast forward the release date! :D

7. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    D-E, now you mentioned about Orchard, I kinda remember I saw it too some time ago.

About the Tanglin Night bazaar, are there much SW item on sale? I know about Clark Quay but not too sure about Tanglin.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not much SW stuffs at Tanglin these days. The Bazaar is mostly on stuffs people don't want anymore: clothings, multimedia, tapes/VCDs and handicrafts.

Occasionally, there is someone who is selling off his SW collection at reasonable prices but the quantity is pretty small compared to at Clark Quay. I'm just there for the lower price.

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yup, I wasn't dreaming. ;) The Y-Wing is available at Ultimate Toys And Collectibles, Midpoint Orchard 3rd Level. It's selling at $120 but the lady may give 10% discount. She also got the new TIE Interceptor at $70 (should you had missed it and can't find at your usual hangout)!

10. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    thanks D-E. Hop on down on Sunday Midpoint and notice the Y-Wing at the top shelve but no Interceptor at sight. But at $70 for the Interceptor, its good price. Never asked for the Y-Wing though and guess my eagerness to want it disappear when its available again but also at $100 (on discount), its still too expensive.

By the way, found 2 Sandtrooper at Scotts Isetan and grab them both. The FIRST time I saw this fig at retail and my heart just skipped a beat!! But then it caused me $40 for both and now, one of them was freed from its plastic cage and standing at attention next to my PC Monitor in my office :)

11. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    thanks D-E. Hop on down on Sunday Midpoint and notice the Y-Wing at the top shelve but no Interceptor at sight. But at $70 for the Interceptor, its good price. Never asked for the Y-Wing though and guess my eagerness to want it disappear when its available again but also at $100 (on discount), its still too expensive.

By the way, found 2 Sandtrooper at Scotts Isetan and grab them both. The FIRST time I saw this fig at retail and my heart just skipped a beat!! But then it caused me $40 for both and now, one of them was freed from its plastic cage and standing at attention next to my PC Monitor in my office :)

12. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Damn!! 2 times posts.

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    does that mean you bought 4 sandtroopers?

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone getting the new POTJ Darth Vader(from end of ROTJ, I think) or other new figures from Falcon Hanger today? ?[face_plain] I'm really tempting to get 2, one for my display, other for keeping but I'll see what my wallet says (it's really terrible being a collector & costumer while still a student).

Oh, boy, I can't believe I have to wait till Spring(March?) next year to get the new POTJ Sabe-Queen Decoy. :( Need it for my costuming.

15. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I got these from the Hanger today :

1. Luke X-Wing
    2. Shmi Skywalker
    3. Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath
    4. Han Solo Death Star Escape

gave Obi-Wan Jedi Armour the slip.

D-E, Sabe's wave is here too you know? Didn't you get that?

One more piece of info, the Marmit Sandtrooper (white pouldron) will soon be here cos' I saw pictures in collectstarwars.com saying that its already released in Hong Kong today. So, I would expect to see it coming next week and I guess the price to be $160 each.

16. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    HOLY COW!!! D-E, you're a GIRL!!!! SW GIRL!!!!

Actually got curious cos the way you put yourself in the post sounds so much like a fellow SW collector friend of mine and are also currently studying. Hence, checked out your profile and visited your website. Did you go to mine?

undestand that you are only into the "Darth" guy and the rest probably don't interest you. Incidently, I have one extra piece of Dagobah Vader in card and may want to do a trade with you if you have the figure I want.

Cheers!!!

17. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    the tie interceptor retails at $AUS99, thats about $NZ120. Some how thats just not right.
    considering thats what I paid for the y-wing, and the original tie fighter was only $NZ40? is it inflation, or are we paying more for the 'exclusive' figure and window box?
    can anyone justify this price?

18. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Its not very fair to sell this Interceptor at such a price (ie AU$99). To what I know, the Auzzie dollar is almost 1 to 1 to Sing dollar. This set cost S$69.9 here when its first release and now, it goes at around S$79.9 and hence becomes a peg warmer. I personally feels this ship is not worth that kind of money and its justified at about S$45 - 50. I still have not own one yet and have no desire to.

Nevertheless, I have bought the B-Wing at S$90 a couple of weeks ago.

Therefore, Chansplace - don't buy the Interceptor. Reasons I gather from the wed :

1. Wings are wobbly
    2. Tie Pilot sucks
    3. Re-use of old mold and the battery compartment for the electronic function for the vintage vehicle, is still there!! Albeit with all the electronic stuff removed.
    4. Its expensive

Cheers!!

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Thanks for the input!

I got to see a b-wing up close on the weekend, I decided that it was too much as well.

20. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    The B-Wing thing also worn off from me and now, I'm trading that away to a 12" Dragon Action figure US Ranger machine gunner which cost about $5 lesser than I paid for the B-Wing. Well, nothing is confirm on this trade yet.

Heard from local sources that the next vehicle to hit town will be the Snowspeeder. THink I'll get that because of Dak.
    I was hoping it won't come together with the TIE-Bomber as it will be too much on my wallet.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Frankly, I'm mostly into the Sith and Imperial Royal Guards guys but here and there, I do get other characters' stuffs. I do have a few Amidala, Leias, Lukes, aliens, Palpatine and troppers stuffs somewhere in my storage, gotten at sales. And I do have Vader Dagobah, thank you for the offer. :p And I did go to your site: found it very interesting! :)

As for the action figure I want, it's the Royal Decoy (yup, mix-up the 2 name again). It's the one where Sabe is wearing the Black gown. Need it to help me interprete on how to do the coat.

Anyway, did you attack John Little a few weeks back for more Ep1 stuffs?

22. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hello Darth Eagle!!

Yeah, I tot this Singapore board are DEAD!! But happy to see some new names surfacing. Exciting :)

I do went down to JL almost 3 - 4 times a week and bought much of the stuffs there including the catch - soft good Obi-Wan!! My friend got the Sith Lord Darth Maul and what's so great about that?? At $2.9 a fig, its anybody's dream comes true :)

I was happy that you visited my website (not been updated since so very long time ago) and you can briefly know that I'm more of a 12" collector. You do 12" too?

You are saying you want Sabe? Sorry, only 1 piece I have. You want a Sebulba Pod Racer? I want to offload mine at $40 and its never removed from box and box condition is C9.5. But I guess you're a open-it-all collector and won't mind the condition huh? Do let me know if you are interested....

Nice hearing from you guys again. Cheers

23. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    HumSupFett,

We meet again... :D
    Can you list what figures you might want to trade? I'll list mine if you're interested.
    I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really need a MARA JADE figure... did I stress how much I needed it?

P.S. The Singapore Board is not dead yet!

24. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi D-D!! Nice to "hear" you :)
    I really have 2 Mara Jade before but I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really need a Death Star Trooper and I traded one of my Jade for it.

By the way, you lift me up too high up there, I'm no legend, just a poor collector who now skimps at toys and hunt for the cheapest around town. Walk till my Adidas sneakers bottom wore off so bad that my heals almost touch the raw surface of the road in Orchard.
    But I can try to find one Jade for you but I think the process will be a long one as I'm asking a friend for help.

Any news I have, will let you know. But you have to be patient my friend :)

25. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    HumSupFett said:
    "By the way, you lift me up too high up there, I'm no legend, just a poor collector..."

I don't think so. Seems to me you are the most "Lau Jiao" here. ;) Thanks for your help.
    Anyhow, how much do you think the price will be?
    I'll post my list here, when I have the time, maybe we can trade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.