main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time Magazine's Take on Current Status of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  2. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    It's very much a matter of opinion, really ('a certain point of view', perhaps). I'm sure many people would say that Star Wars (and Star Trek too - I happen to be a fan of both. If that's weird, so be it!) moved beyond its original focus a long time ago, especially when you consider the EU. Some fans think that's great and others deplore it.

The point is, I think, that both Star Wars and Star Trek are more than a matter of format or style. They are both highly developed, diverse and ever-expanding universes that capture the imagination of a wide spectrum of fans. The many different aspects of Star Wars attract different audiences. For instance, I wouldn't be interested in a show about bounty hunters but I know that many people would - and it wouldn't put me off the rest of SW.

As for comparing SW and Trek - well, both concepts have evolved over the years, as most things do, but they remain two very different, separate universes. I don't think they are going to become a 'homogeneous sci-fi picture show'. The fans at least are well aware of the differences (even if the girls on The Big Bang Theory seem to have no idea! :rolleyes:)

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_beatup]Time Magazine

Anyway I thought the article referred in large part to the possibility of a Star Wars TV show, which would be similar to what Star Trek does. Obviously different fictitious universes, but there are general similarities between them.

4. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I 'll be happy if Leonard Nimoy directs the star wars live series.I'm a star wars fan,but I love Mr. Spock as well.:)

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't Nimoy retire? I love the man, but I thought he was done acting and directing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.