main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok Tim, I know we've kicked this idea around and joked about it, but what if we actually did TC04 this summer?

I was talking to John earlier on the phone about collecting SW and where this or that had been seen, and mentioned we should do TimmyCon!

One night when we've got a Drive-In scheduled, we just start earlier in the day. Each of us could set up a table and bring stuff we want to sell or trade. I know I've got doubles/triples of stuff, and usually pick up an extra this or that when I'm out shopping or ebaying.

Our con suite could be the back porch and grill. We do like last year and everybody brings what they want to grill and at least one side item(s)and any adult beverages they might need.

We could have a Jar-Jar pinata(sp?).

We could have new SMT shirts/hats there for the members to buy (maybe even a TimmyCon one...) and we could do photos of anyone who wants to be in costume for the website that we didn't get at MSC, or even do a costume contest for the kids and adults. (Might be a good thing to do it before it gets too hot in July/August.- May 5 is on a Wed., but we could do a one year count down on the 8th., and have the next TimmyCon the week before or after Ep3 hits.)

Then when it gets dark we do the movie and a cartoon and/or fan film!

We could also send some shots and/or a press release to the Insider.

It could happen...

2. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I second the motion.....Lord knows I have extra...just ask Tim....picked up a throne room duel for about everyone tonight :) I am going to give myself a title after today's finds!!! Anyone need a throne room duel!?!? I got 'em!!! I like the idea of buy and sell and trade SW or other items. I'm sure I'll make Kahlua shakes for a very deserving customer too :)

Your ideas rock LIN.....!!!! One Kahlua shake for you
    John

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, so who's going to be our celebrity guest? I bet we could get Miles O'Keefe over here for $10 and a hairbrush.

A SW Collectors' Swap-Meet- To quote Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein- "IT....COULD....WORK!"

Of course, who else beyond Lin, Sal, John, and myself could we get to attend that would want to participate?

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Maybe we'll meet some more folks at MSC!

Don't know about the guest(s), but I do have a friend in town that used to draw Star Wars Rogue Squadron comics, and two out of town that currently work at Dark Horse. Plus I know a couple guys doing books with Image and another who self publishes. I know he and his wife would get a big kick out of it.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You're our Publicist, Lin.....publicize! :p

Hell, it all sounds like fun. Much less a Con than a SMT meeting on steroids.

Watch me expect it to be a small affair and it turn into 100 folks in my backyard. Someone better have a port-o-potty company on speed-dial! Only close friends get to use the bathroom in the house, OK?

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll keep some #'s handy- as well as directions to the nearest gas station!

I like the SMT meeting on steroids! Too funny! I don't want to make it 100 SW fans in your back yard, but more than 5-10 would be nice!

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, since ain't nobody touchin' my Mara Jade and Farmboy figures and I'm quite attached to all my first edition hardback novels, I'm thinking of a PatO'BriensCon myself. 8-}

8. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    You cannot have a PatO'BriensCon without me! It's just not right, dammit! :nono

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Come on over, Ben!

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, you know we'll buy ya a drink!

TIMMYCON!!!

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Of course, could you imagine the questions you'd get if you wore a TIMMYCON t-shirt to any other convention?

OK, so we have TIMMYCON in conjunction with a drive-in night.... we get some local guests to join us....

I'm going to play the Chinese drive-thru lady from Dude, Where's My Car? here.....

....And Theeeeeeen?

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    No- no 'and then'!

13. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Yeah, you know we'll buy ya a drink!

It's more the air fare that worries me... :p

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Poor Ben. Every time he drinks with us, it costs him a fortune. I keep trying to get him to just come over here and become a redneck. When I win that $350 Mil Powerball drawing, I'll get him over here. (Not "if"...."when". I'm very optimistic.)

Lin: "and then and then and then and then and then and then and then and then and then..."

15. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I heard/read someone saying something about being at Tim's Sunday. Is this when TimmyCon will be? If not, just tell me when and Fitz will be there. I've got about a closet full of doubles and several other things that I'm willing to part with.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Dale: That's the costuming get-together this weekend (today and tomorrow). I think TimmyCon will be sometime in early May. You know, in TimMay.

I'm starting to like this idea. If we can get more collectors involved, it would be great.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Do you want to do up any kind of flyers for MSC and/or comic shops, or just post it here and on our SMT site?

TIMMY!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I dunno. I guess we should start a TIMMYCON committee, set a time and date, and a rain date as well. If we could get more folks involved, that would be fine by me. Just need some idea if I'm going to need to rent a port-a-john, or just let folks go in my neighbor's yard. :D

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Maybe we can talk aobut it over the weekend while doing costumes, and/or at MSC while we're hanging out and in the con mood!

20. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I doubt I'll make the costume meeting this weekend, but keep me informed about Timmycon. I'm all ready.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sure, Dale. I'd love to have your input, especially since you're our most avid collector of all things SW.

22. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    And he's married to a wife who helps endulge his collecting- how does he do it?!

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, I'm married to a woman who endulges my costuming habits. I can't complain.

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Lucky S.O.B.'s...

Hey- speaking of endulging collecting habits, does anyone know where I can get some action figure stands locally? I've seen them in a few mags and should probably order a few hundred, but was just wanting a few for the time being.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a woman who won't run screaming(or laughing) when they see my collection- or one who will at least not talk about "knocking Chewbacca off the head board" during radio interviews?!

25. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Boy Lin you killed this thread! REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.