main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark To those whom I offended

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ChaseKeJac, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    To those whom I angered by my post about the Cruisefest, I am sorry. It may have not been worded the best way. I did not intend to upset anyone and especially not to cause a rift between any groups. All I intended to do was make a formal invitation to every costumer in Arkansas.
    I realize that last year Arkansith and the 501st had a huge part in it and this year neither group got the call to organize the event. I am not sorry for that. No one had any control over who got contacted especially not me. Personally, I don't see why the 'in conjuction" thing is a big deal. I would costume for the blind drunken monkeys throwing poo at the zoo if it meant a chance to raise money and make kids smile.
    I have heard thru the grapevine that many members of the Arkansith are upset with me. If so, why has no one has contacted me about this incident. In fact, things are being said behind my back which is not only disrespectful but upsetting as I held these people as friends.(I do know who, Star Wars people tend to have loose lips :) )
    At the end of the post in question I even asked what could be done to work together. I contacted the 501st squad leader, Aideon, via email and even included my home phone number being that he lives here in Hot Springs. I have recieved no contact from anyone concerning anything.
    We are all Star Wars geeks. I wish I hadn't even had said anything at all then everyone could be friends again.
    With that lack of concern and the disrespect of people talking behind my back, I am removing myself from this FanForce forum for the time being. I hope this message remains up for people to see my the reasons behind my decision.
    To those who wish to contact me, you know where I'll be.

Sincerely,
    Chad----Drago----Formerly Chase Ke Jac

2. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    I realize that you won't read this for a while, but I was not at all offended by anything you posted. I agree that we all as SW fans should be able to get together and do things without all of this fighting. I also agree with you about everyone talking behind your back. I wish everyone around here would just grow up and if they have a problem with someone, then talk to that person....that is the mature thing to do.

3. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    no one is innocent about talking behind other's backs unfornately it happens everyday you get talking to someone and next thing you know your talking behind the person's back. Yes I admit i have talked behind chad's back as he has mine. The one thing about me I can forgive someone for any wrong they have done then move on and try to make things right. As I just sent to nlrtrooper as I was wrong on things with her and I appolgized to her. I take my share of the appolgies on my half. But even things on this board isn't secret anymore, and this will show up in other places especially in an admin section, again this isn't meant to be a flame or anything.

I have talked to Cobain and Malac about the issues, I have took my part of the blame and appolgized for things I have said, The only reason i haven't said anything personally is I wanted all parties to calm down it's something we used when I played LARP it was a 24 hour rule all parties stopped talking about it until the two were ready to speak. I appolgize to Arkansith and to Chad, But I will not be the only one taking the entire blame :) oops Im here to have fun to hang out with people not just to costume just to hang out with fellow fans. to be honest sometimes I just don't feel like putting the costume on :)

my appolgies also to BJ and henry since they are the adminstrator If I am out of line please let me know thanks :)

4. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
  5. AGRadministrator

AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    Since this apparently going to die down any time soon:

Here's the deal: I don't think that you offended anyone with your invitation to Cruisefest, there was just confusion about how things were worded and the whole ONLY group thing but, that has already been worked through.

1. The only reason anything was posted about hosting was that we had been contacted and Nyborg didn't want a bunch of people calling him directly so he posted that he did not know what was going on since he had mentioned that we had been contacted at our December meeting...

2. The use of the word ONLY was the thing that caused confusion. Which was already explained to you and had managed to die down both here and on the 327th boards.

3. The event last year was NOT a Fan Force event. It was 501st and we were invited to attend.

4. We have no ill will to any other group and there is not a problem between the Fan Force and the 327th as a group. There may be problems on a personal level, but that is beyond our control and happens with any group because of people and their personalities.

5. You are welcome to make an invitation to any event any time that you want to. If anyone here is rude or flames then that will be dealt with according to our by-laws and the force.net's guidelines.

Now, if we can move on and get past this. Lets remember the following:
    1. We are all Star Wars geeks (hopefully the term geek doesn't offend anybody...if it does...Sorry.)

2. We are the ones who might not have fit in when we were younger...so why are we fighting amongst ourselves?

3. If you have a problem with a member...go to that member. We are adults. We are friends. We are united as Star Wars fans and please, can we start acting like it?

Now, please play nice. All this infighting and such makes this a not so fun place to be...

6. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    himm....my wife was reading about this the other night with some old threads and asked me about it. I couldn't even remember what was said to try and explain it. meaning it's time to go forward and just .....Move Along....Move Along!:D

7. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    hehe Jer btw tell your daughter happy bday! from auntie and uncle inv :)

8. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    Um... I am NOT a geek. :(

:p

9. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    I was going to stay clear of posting anything else but I feel I need to say that I did not intend to stir up anything or start a fire back up.
    We are all SW fans, we breath the same air, love the same movies, and should all get along together.
    My use of wording was wrong and again, I sincerely apologize. I think very highly of almost everyone here whom I've met and I think of you more than friends but as family. I would never do anything to upset my family.
    I wish I wouldn't have posted anything at all but the more expensive the lesson the better it's learned.
    I would like all groups to be invovled in this event if anyone is able AND any group that attends will be recognized in a proper and honorable way.

Humbly yours,
    Chad---Drago---Formerly Chase Ke Jac

10. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    I agree with you about the in-fighting and all. It is silly, counter productive, and a general pain in the butt. As for the "geek" comment... I've come to terms with my "geekiness" long long ago. ^_^ I know I am a geek (in more ways than one) and it's ok. Just remember, anyone can be a geek but when we're in costume we look good doing it! ;)

And yes, that IS meant light-hearted and as a joke. ^_^

11. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    well, i see i havent missed much...

12. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, I just now found this thread, so I hope it's ok to comment on it now. I just wanted to say, although I was bummed about not being part of Cruisefest, if it had never been mentioned, I would have never found out that John Schneider would be in town and wouldn't have known about Cruisefest, let alone made it there. I had the probably once-in-a-lifetime chance to not only meet John (whom I'd only recently come to admire for the wholesome roles and shows he'd been in), but also had a picture taken of him. Whatever came (or didn't) of Cruisefest, I was walking on air that day, I have a memory I'll cherish for years to come!

Lavenderrose @};-

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~altis/wsb/media/1663285/graphic_org_pub.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.