main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Tom Cruise is...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by frankm, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Canuck

Capt_Canuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    MATT DAMON!

2. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Redgek/mattdamon.jpg]

3. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    "NO!! that is not a sign of bi polar. bi polar is defined by periods of mania(lots of energy spending,...) and then severe bouts of depression. not anger." posted by Jedi_Knight_Birr.

Not anger? o_O That is so NOT true!!!!

I'm Bipolar. I have fits of rage all the time.

Bipolar Disorder: More than a Mood Swing
    Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) is a treatable illness marked by extreme changes in mood, thought, energy and behavior. It is known as bipolar disorder because a person's mood can alternate between the "poles" of mania (high, elevated mood) and depression (low, depressed mood). This change in the mood or "mood swing" can last for hours, days, weeks or even months. These "highs" and "lows" are frequently seasonal. Many people who have bipolar disorder report feeling symptoms of depression more often in the winter and symptoms of mania more often in the spring.

And, there are two different types of mania, or hypomania for Bipolar II.

There are two basic types of mania (or hypomania):
    Euphoric and Dysphoric.

A person can experience both types when they have Bipolar Disorder.

In euphoria, a person is high, in love with the world, one with the world, feeling boundless energy, talking a mile a minute, mind is racing, deluded with grandiose thoughts, ect. This kind of mania is generally the kind described in popular literature.

Dysphoria is another type of mania. In dysphoria one is ?high? but in a different sense: agitated, destructive, full of rage, talking a mile a minute, mind racing, deluded with grandiose thoughts, paranoid, full of anxiety, panic-stricken.

In addition, dysphoria can also come into the depressive side. These are often referred to as ?mixed episodes.? Mixed episodes are quite dangerous; suicidal ideation often accompanies this state.

I just feel it is my duty to educate others about mental illness. So please forgive me if I have offended anyone.

But, I would just like to say that tom cruise, who does not deserve capital letters in his name, is a buttface! He has no idea what is it like to have to live with a mental illness everyday and the battles that are involved in it! [face_shame_on_you]

4. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    [face_laugh] Team America made me laugh so hard I almost peed!

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    thank you for psoting that. i have never heard of that part before. quite enlightening.

throws textbook into trash

6. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Someone at work said Tom had fired his manager and that he was off his meds. :)
    I haven't a clue if that's true or not, but his behavior sure makes you wonder.
    There are only three movies of his that I liked, "Top Gun", "A Few Good Men" and "The Last Samurai".

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Don't forget "Legend" Although, Tim Currey played the best character in that one!

8. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Tim Curry is awesome. One of my favorite all time actors!

9. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    Good call Gecko! Legend was a great movie too!:D

10. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    I'm glad you found it enlightening!!

BTW, I wasn't trying to be a witch or anything. It's just that since I am Bipolar, I have done a retarded amount of research on it.

Legend is one of my favorite movies!! tom was good in it, but I love it cause it's got unicorns in it!! I LOVE UNICORNS!!!

I wish I had my own unicorn!! [face_praying]

11. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I'm sure if you asked nicely propgeek would make you one!

My mom said spielberg was on a show the other day saying the media is being too hard on Cruise at the moment that he really isn't that bad of a guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.