main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Top 10 Star Wars Moments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Should do a poll to see what Mos Alba's #1 moment is but MSN did a little story on the top 10 most Star Wars moments from all the movies:

Top 10 List

2. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    1980 took Cindy Sanchez to the Albuquerque 6 drive-in, for you young people. you watch the movie in your car. to see Empire strikes Back ...............she was smoking.
    what a night[face_devil] had to go the next day to Hiland
    theater with my friends to finally see the movie.
    :D

3. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    Anita is going to smack you! [face_shame_on_you]

4. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    way before anita.

5. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    In my opinion the greatest scene in all the movies is when they go into the dining room on Bespin, and Vader is waiting for them. It's really the only time anyone takes a shot at Vader. Awesome!

6. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    My favorites are between the "I am your father" scene in Empire, and the whole Sarlac Pitt rescue scene in ROTJ. Luke is a bad-ass.

Speaking of ROTJ, we watched it last night on DVD. I don't like what Lucas did with the scene in Jabba's palace with the CGI singer on bit. bleck. It ruined it for me.

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    *nods*

I agree with karenec1. Perhaps if they went back into that scene and redid it the way they redid Jabba in the DVD version of ANH, then it might not be too bad.

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I love the confrontations between Luke and Vader in ESB and ROTJ. Favorite scenes ever.

9. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    The fight between Luke and Vader in ESB is still the best. It's not as fast and showy as some of the new fights, but it still rules.

10. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    thats because the OT duels are half cyborg and half newbie fighter... I like the PT fights a lot better, makes you think of what a Jedi is...

11. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I like the PT saber fights, they are so purdy to watch.

In AOTC, Obi-Wan told Anakin that if he spent as much time on his saber techniques as he did flying, he would rival Yoda.

12. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm with you Ken. The fights between Luke and his father are my favorite SW scenes. The scene in the throne room in ROTJ when Vader figures out that he has a daughter, then Luke screaming and going after his father, the music, the swordplay, when he comes so close to killing Vader, still packs quite the emotional punch in me, even after all these years. I never tire of seeing that scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.