main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top ten most powerful jedi list

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Starwarsranterman, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starwarsranterman

Starwarsranterman Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    10. Ulric qel droma
    9. Kyle Katarn
    8. Mace Windu
    7. Corran Horn
    6. Jacen Solo
    5. Vodo-siosk baas
    4. Kyp Durron
    3. Revan
    2. Yoda
    1. Luke Skywalker

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You have Kyp, you win my approval! But I'd have him at 3 and Luke at 4...

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Anakin Skywalker isn't on that list. Your list is invalid.

Loto68 and Zeta1127 like this.
  4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    1. Revan
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Kyp Durron
    4. Jacen Solo
    5. Anakin Skywalker
    6. Yoda
    7. Mace Windu
    8. Lord Hoth
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    10. Jaina Solo

Had he had time to grow up a few years more, Anakin Solo would top my list.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. Starwarsranterman

Sep 17, 2012
    I like your list but I was wondering what your reasoning was for having anakin, obiwan, and lord hoth on there as well as jaina?

6. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Which anakin? Well, skywalker is the chosen one. He was the most powerful jedi of his era. In sheer midi-chlorians, but also shown how even after losing arms and legs and being stuffed inside a rather horrid suit, he dispatched surviving jedi with little to no effort. You cannot deny that he was truly powerful.
    Anakin Solo was able to walk through force fields at the age of six. He was one of the first Jedi with a confirmed Vong kill and he got six of them while defending his pregnant aunt. He became completely one with the force at half the age of any of his predecessors who had done so also. He was incredible, and could have become more so.
    Hoth led an army of Jedi at Ruusan against the Sith legions and was the only jedi there who was a sufficient match to Dark Lord Kaan.
    Whether Obi-Wan deserves to be on a most powerful list is certainly debatable, by all means. However, he was one of the best Jedi who ever lived. He was THE master of Form II, and the other masters of the Old Republic greatly respected him. He beat both Greivous, who had defeated multiple masters at the same time, and he defeated anakin, the most powerful living jedi. In my books, he makes the list.
    If you believe that Jacen was truly powerful, which I do while resenting that fact, then the one that killed him should also make the list. Therefore, Jaina makes the list even if I don't like her character.

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Correction: Obi-Wan was a practitioner of Form III, not II.

8. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Yoda
    3. Revan
    4. Jacen Solo
    5. Anakin Skywalker
    6. Nomi Sunrider
    7. Mace Windu
    8. Kyp Durron
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    10. Kyle Katarn

9. Starwarsranterman

Sep 17, 2012
    I also like your list but I'm wondering what your though process is behing having nomi sunrider there, I'm not disagreeing I'm just curious as to why you think she deserves to be on there.

10. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    The way I see it she's one of those Jedi who's often forgotten by others in favor of more modern Jedi. So I rank her by not looking at any particular moment but her entire career and based on what others have said of her. Both Thon and Ood Bnar acknowledged her potential (I believe Thon may have even called her his best student, but I don't have my omnibus on my to confirm) Some forget that she stripped Ulic Qel-Droma of his powers in an instant, while still relatively untrained in her powers. From the Freedon Nadd Conflict through the Great Sith War we saw her perform admirably in combat, really the only thing missing from her resume in that area is a one on one duel against an actual Sith Lord. She's taken on multiple enemies at once, including Mandalorians and students possessed by Sith Spirits. She was one of the few Jedi to master the Art of Battle Meditation. And at the end of the Great Sith War she was the one chosen to direct the Jedi's energies into attacking Yavin IV. And we have to remember there were numerous other Jedi there who were probably more experienced than her, and I know Thon was amongst them.

After The Sith War she became head of the Order at some point (And again there were other Jedi available who were more experienced, but they chose to defer to her) and looked like she was getting ready to broach the subject of a Jedi Council. She's remembered as one of the greatest Jedi of all time, and though he wasn't exactly the noblest Jedi, Beldorian would hear of her and speak of her name alongside both Thon and Yoda. I think the reason many tend to forget her is due to the fact her most powerful techniques were all strictly Light Side based (A reason i'd also place her on the list of Top 10 Greatest Jedi of All Time), so they didn't really have destructive effects on the environment that can be noted. And her lightsaber abilities were never specifically touched upon, unlike Jedi like Ulic, Exar (Before his fall) or Mace. I was really looking forward to that book on her and Vima, as I thought it would be a good chance to show what she was capable of in later years, once she'd become leader of the Order.

11. Starwarsranterman

Sep 17, 2012
    Very interesting, I never really thought of her like that, I'll consider her when I'm making the next version of this list.

DarthJenari likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the ANH novel Vader actually says of him "He is the last of the Jedi- and the greatest" after "Escape is not his plan".

zarkinfrood likes this.
  13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is my top 10, figured I would give it a shot. Nothing shocking here, except I noticed that nobody seems to give Satele Shan much credit....which she deserves.

Luke
    Yoda
    Revan
    Obi-Wan
    Satele Shan (very much overlooked)
    Jacen
    Mace Windu
    Kyp Durron
    Anakin
    Nomi Sunrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.