main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ToS Clarification] ROTS Forum - Social Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kavic_Toth, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    In regards to the issue of pics and folks on dial-up I say this;

I have dial up (because I am not going to pay those theives) and it only takes a few seconds more to load pics. I post from both at home and from work. My work compy is the most pathetic thing you would ever want to see. But it has a high speed dial-up. Want to know something? I timed the ammount of time it took to load a page full of pics from my work compy and my home compy. 30 second difference!

Just an FYI. ...Although I have made several special modifications to my old home compy. [face_shhh]

:p

2. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I was instructed to PM a MOD regarding something I didn't understand and I have yet to get any feedback.

One of my post was cut down to it's last sentence and was headed with [Edited for content]. The new Moderator Rebelscum77 edited my post. I believe this is a first for me so I didn't understand it. I asked what was it all about hoping that someone who knew in the thread could tell me. Rebelscum answered me with: "This is not the place to ask. PM if you have questions.". Sounds pretty serious, no? So, I PM the MOD and ask what the 'Edited for content' thing is all about and it's going on two days with no answer.

Since there are Mods here, would someone tell me under what circumstance is a post "Edited for content" if not for flaming or profanity?

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    IIRC it was one of the "Lucas is raping/has raped my childhood" style posts, except slightly more explicit. I could be wrong on that, and I apologize in advance if I am.

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Great, now if only the mod that he was instructed to contact could have answered that for him.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Man, you guys really need babysitters, don't you?

6. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    No baiting in Comms.

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Well so do you and you're point is?

8. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^How is what I said baiting?

9. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    At least own up when you're that obvious about it. Why bother playing the innocent?

10. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^You should ask that question yourself. How was I playing innocent? I'm not part of your social group.

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Alright you guys are derailing the topic. And honestly at this point, I think we've either reached A) Answers for those that sought them. B) An impass and C) Derailment.

Probably time to lock this puppy up and us all move on with our happy little JC lives till the next issue comes up. Or lets keep going and not derail this and bait each other into flames and getting banned.

~PK~

12. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Playing innocent again? Tut Tut. ANd I know you aren't an AC member. What does that have to do with anything?

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    "What I would like to know is why mods think their poop don't stink and can talk down to other users. Your '..some people would do well to remember this.' portion is blantant bully talk. Name names G-Fett."

I don't have any position here now. I'm just talking for myself, not as a moderator. I have no idea if the ROTS Forum Mods agree or not. I didn't want to "name names" because we don't really need this thread becoming about personalities. Suffice to say, there are many users of the ROTS Social Thread who have long, long history's of various TOS abuse's. These people know exactly who they are, and what I'm saying is; They should change their ways or face the possibility of the ROTS Social Thread being shut down altogether. I can quite imagine that the ROTS Mods are pretty sick and tierd of the constant trouble that keeps coming from this thread. Given the only reason the Social Thread wasn't shut months ago, is because it was a historic thread; "The Social Countdown" and given it's no longer The Social Countdown and doesn't have that history that the original 3SA Social Thread had, you can clearly see that the new threads position is not as strong as the old Social Countdown thread. I'm certainly not bullying anyone - Nobody has to take my advice, I am in no position of authority, I'm just an ordinary user stating my personal opinion that the current situation is untennable, IMO.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Exactly. It was the spamming that got me to banning people. There was a bit of it at the start, but once I got on and told people to back down, it got worse. I was within my rights as a moderator to take action.

Otherwise known as drama.

15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002

Exactly. It was the spamming that got me to banning people. There was a bit of it at the start, but once I got on and told people to back down, it got worse. I was within my rights as a moderator to take action.

I basically suggested that in the second post of this thread, but hundreds of posts later and we're still no further forward.

If you push and push the mods you leave us no option. Little is gained by playing victim after the event.

16. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Nice to see some agreement, although IMO the warning was unnecessarily hostile. It's no surprise it made the situation worse. On the page before the warning the only starring-out was a "No **** Sherlock" (repeated via quote) which was merely banter. There was then one starred-out flame (from what I can tell). There was no 'excessive' swearing 'til after the warning.

Also, curious to see the mods feel they're acting within their rights after acknowledging the users have no rights at all.

17. My_ScreenName_Sucks

My_ScreenName_Sucks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    malkie edit trolling

18. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    "Nice to see some agreement, although IMO the warning was unnecessarily hostile. It's no surprise it made the situation worse. On the page before the warning the only starring-out was a "No **** Sherlock" (repeated via quote) which was merely banter. There was then one starred-out flame (from what I can tell). There was no 'excessive' swearing 'til after the warning."

Apparently, some posts were outright deleted. Which, imo, really should have just been edited out so as to show exactly how many posts had to be edited in that short frame of time.

19. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Yeah, deleting posts outright is just not a good idea.

20. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Look, like I said before, I am just going to go about my happy little posting life here as I always have. No nudity, No profanity, and No links to said material. Those are my rules that I follow. I will post what I wish and if a mod edits me or says don't do that I wont. I may disagree and question these actions but I am not going to continue to defy teh powers that be.

This really is not that difficult to comprehend people. :)

21. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Let me just lay it out here for y'all. I don't give a crap about mods. I post what I want when I want as I don't live in 1943 Germany. If I get banned, I could care less as my life is more important than a Star Wars board. I have met cool people here and enjoy posting but will never bow down to an ego driven nerd.

22. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Speaking of "ego driven nerds"...

23. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Sorry for not being concerned about others. That is not ego. If your life dwells upon this board, sucks for you.

For the record, I am not a nerd, huge Star Wars fan, but hardly a nerd. My life revolves around a family and work, this is for fun and you cannot argue that nerds take it too serious here.

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    you cannot argue that nerds take it too serious here.

...hence this thread? Comparing mods to Nazis is taking it pretty serious. ;)

25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Why can't people be more original when it comes to that, anyway? I've been called a Nazi twice in the Saga forum in the last couple days. Surely they can do better!

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.