main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Toyboxx Toys Teen Challenge Event

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, May 16, 2006.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    The meeting went well with Toyboxx Jack. He had alot of Ideas and input for us...and was a great sport fighting through Cats many questions. The ice cream Sundae's were great..even though it was Saturday. Thanks for the after get together Dusty.

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Jack was a really cool guy and I totally envy his shop its exactly what I wanted to open someday (minus the ice cream)
    This is going to be fun and the banner willbe done in time.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree.. in my wildest dreams I would love to own a shop like that.. except I would want it WITH the ice cream.. and perhaps chocolate truffles and candies.. all homemade stuff Jake and I made. Then Frankie could make all his props and sell them, and everyone else could make stuff and sell it as well. I would love a little shop like that, that we could all work at and share.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I want a shop like that but stuffed with Home Theater equipment =P~

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow, this os gonna be close I jsut found out we may get to close on our hose the day before! If they acceopt our offer, cross yur fingers!

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm pulling for you guys!

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    back on topic...

We still need to get some flyer ideas for this event from Toyboxx Jack, so that we can make them, or make 1 then give them to Toyboxx to duplicate...I will try to contact him today...

8. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Went to see Toyboxx Jack today...he is still trying to figure what to do about the flyer..I told him to just make one in a hurry so I can put them up at Bookmans and cps offices...aparently he got the China Food resturaunt next door in on the fun, a card store, the BofA, and a few others..so its gonna be like a street fair or something. I also brought up that it may bee to hot for armored/vinyled characters to be outside for too long..so he is gonna clear out all the little tables from the inside and move them out doors. Thats my weekly update..

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill email him and throw something together (even though he was supposed to email me!)

10. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Bump.

So this is still a go-go, right?

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    YES! We will be there with bells on!

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We gotta add bells to our armor? 8-}

13. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Bly Vader Jango and AT-AT alreay do!

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    O.... O, very good pun!o_O

15. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    HAHAHA Damien I do NOT need a ride today I need one tomorrow to Dustins house.

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Great event everyone. The kids loved us, the Teen Challennge girls loved us, the grown ups loved us...so in my book it was a sucess! Aside from my belt busting on me I feel it went very well....thank God he let the weather be in our favor. Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!! Now post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

17. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I'm glad to hear that everything w3ent well for the group and I'm glad I was able to make an appearance even though it was for a short period of time...I had fun while I was there
    When I got to my mom's house to pick up my step-daughter, Katy, to take her to work...I put my costume back on to show my folks because they had not seen me in costume yet and I showed them my saber...first words out of Katy's mouth was to call me a dork but she still thought the costume was cool and so did my folks...I kept the costume on until I got to work and showed it to everyone there as well along with the saber...everyone liked them
    I look forward to being able to make it to the ITT event as well...I might go as far as to take the night from work but I will play it by ear

18. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Donde estas el photos?
    I took like 80-something of them.

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yea, yea.... the pictures will be up in the next few days. [face_whistling] I know I'm Sooooo slow. I-)

It takes quite a bit of time to upload them, organize them, resize them, create the basic page, thumbnail them, lay them out on a page, link all related data, and publish the page, updating any pages that also link to that page.....

It?s not hard but it is time consuming.:-B
    Yes, you took 42 pictures

20. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Maybe on the disk I gave you but dont forget I had your camera as well.....[face_not_talking]
    oh and quit pouting Mr "WEBMASTER"!!! :p

21. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Glad to hear things went well at the event!

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I think it went quite well, everyone seemed to have a good time and no problems (other than the lack of dulce de leche) :_|

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    [image=http://www.danzelmo.com/MVC-022S.JPG]

thanks for posting the pics Damian

I had fun, sweltering sweaty uncomfortable fun but loved it, and I think the At At driver tested well

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yep. Sure no problem.

Yes, the At-At driver was really nice!

"A splendid time is guaranteed for all" (for Jack, speaking of the Beatles? Sgt. Peppers....") :D

I still find it quite amusing that we have no standard shock troops, closest thing are Dustin's Tie, At-At, and Commander Bly.
    Even when I get the Biker up and running we still won't have any standard storm troopers.

I guess we need more members...

JERJERROD: But he asks the impossible. I need more men.

We?re defiantly anything if not boring or standard.

25. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    from my children's eyes to my ears!! Mommy that was awesome!! I can't wait for Battlefront II!

I think that having kids around that I could ask what they thought of the day has really shown me how wonderful and special what we do is. My kids have known for some time that we do these events.. but this was the first one they have ever had the opportunity to attend.. and boy did they enjoy it!!