main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Tucker: The Man And His Dream 2'

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Lizardmonkey, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I really want there to be a sequel to this masterpiece! Maybe Tucker could go after the remains of Jimmy Hoffa?

2. the_immolated_one

the_immolated_one Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    No, it will be about how Frigidaire and Kelvinator conspire with the U.S. government to shut down his production of kerosine refridgerators that keep the kiddies from getting the rickets because the refriderators are just big enough to hold 2 bottle of milk.

I mean they totally set it up for a sequel.

The very end of the third movie will show how Tucker inspires a little known college graduate named Ralph Nader and then the spin off trilogy will be about Ralph Nader.

3. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I'd rather see a prequel, myself. What was Tucker like as a child? Did he ever meet Ernest Hemingway or race in boxcar derbies or solve mysteries?

...ok, I'll admit it, I've never seen Tucker.

4. the_immolated_one

the_immolated_one Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    Those are good ideas about prequels but instead of Ernest Hemingway, perhaps Preston Tucker could meet someone like Henry Ford. That would play nicely into the original movie. Preston Tucker would meet a young, idealistic Henry Ford before Henry Ford was hellbent on crushing the young, idealistic Preston Tucker. Then Tucker fanboys could argue, for years on the internet, about whether Lucas planned it all from beginning or simply retconned it together.

5. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I cannot wait for 'Tucker: The Man And His Dream' Special Edition. In the cinemas, as it was meant to be experienced. I don't like the rumour that another dealer, and not him, pulls his wallet out first at a business meeting, but the giant, horned Teamsters ridden by tiny bootleggers will be worth seeing.
    I'm all in favour of 'Tucker' EU characters coming into play in a sequel - especially the nervous accountant Gordon Luxor from the Zahn novels - his spreadsheets will look awesome on the bigscreen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.