main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA TURKEY DAY!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't know what anyone else is doing for Thanksgiving, but here's an idea if anyone doesn't have any plans.

Since 1994, every Thanksgiving (as well as Christmas, but I'll get to that one later) I cook up a 20pound turkey, 10pounds of REAL mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and beverages. Everyone who I like has an invitation. That happens to include this group.

The idea is to just have a good time and be among decent people.

This is an all ages thing. My friends who have kids bring them. My friends who don't have kids, bring their dates or whatever. There is drinking, but not to excess.

I usually finish cooking between 5pm and 6pm. People are welcome to show up anywhere from Noon (while I'm still cooking) until 2am or whenever I pass out the next morning. The reason for this is that many of my friends wind up having to work on Thanksgiving and some of them have some VERY screwed up shifts. Especially those in the healthcare field. Just because they're stuck working on a Holiday doesn't mean that they can't have a good meal and a good time.

EDIT: These little get-togethers of mine have also proven themselves helpful in the past to people who had to endure time with their families and needed to relax after.

If you're interested, then considder yourself invited. PM me if you need directions.

By the way, PM me if you think you might show up. It would probably be a good idea if I had an idea of how many people might be attending.

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I hope it goes well for you Alfredo :) I can't make it, as I will be in Colorado for Thanksgiving this year, but I hope you and your attendees have fun :)

3. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Hey, I need directions to Washington!!!

4. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    um... West. thats about as specific as i can be. if ya miss it then you could always try a map ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.