main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] Stargate Atlantis

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Errr...I meant..."Gamma Quadrant"... [face_blush]

I'm not quite awake yet. :p

2. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    I would've edited it, but that really doesn't do a thing for our post count. ;)

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Just a quick bump, before it gets lost in oblivion...

4. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    well if they would ever get the new season started.

i need to start putting those on DVD.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    If we're lucky, they've forgotten about filming new episodes of Galaxy Quest...

I mean...SG Atlantis. LOL.

*ducks*

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey!!

And, hey!! Don't tempt fate... I haven't seen the last episode of Atlantis yet, but I heard it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. We need part 2!!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I just watched episodes 11 through 14. Fabulous!

Anyways, I've been seriously inspired, besides doing a bunch of jumpsuits I am thinking of also manufacturing SG Atlantis Jackets. They wouldn't be outrageously priced too. I was just wondering who would be interested.

oh and I'm thinking I'll do Farscape Peacekeeper gear too.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    either of those would be cool...except you know i do have to agree with ZC, their uniforms do look like Galaxy Quest...espcially after watching it a couple of weeks ago. ;)

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Reminder, new episodes begin airing this Friday, Jan. 21.

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Its a really good episode too!!

Shepard is almost scary.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    tomorrow will be great...i have to say it is sad when you are like...oh i dont' want to go anywhere because i have to stay home and watch the SCI FI channel.

he he he

but i guess that is why one has TIVO...so i can be geeky and have a social life. :)

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, 3 straight hours of Sci-Fi. Woo-hoo!!!!

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    [luke]Awww man!!![/luke] But Rachel's dragging me to a dinner party that her workplace is throwing tomorrow night.

Well, 4 hours. That "Behind the Stargate" thing is pretty cool. Not sure if it's a repeat from last year's though or a new one.

I'll be able to catch the 2nd showing of everything, and maybe...ummm...wash my hair or something while SGA is on. LOL.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Just curious if anyone caught this friday. it was a pretty decent episode.

I loved the Star Trek re

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, I was thinkin' Kirk the whole time, and then McKay actually says it....sweeeeeet!!!

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I actually gave the show another chance. Well, this was like the 3rd or 4th chance, but oh well.

I'm glad they're moving away from the Galaxy Quest uniforms.

But...I've got one issue with the team. During the whole episode, people kept yapping about how they didn't like the culture, or they'd make offensive comments about this god or that god or that custom...

Ummm -- I thought SG teams were supposed to be trained to know that other civilizations have different cultures and whatnot, and that mouthing off in an alien culture generally gets one KILLED? The SG teams in SG-1 know it, and heck, even the alien lady with the ratty hair that travels with SG-A knows it. I dunno. I just kept finding that one little issue that popped up every 5 minutes a bit annoying. LOL.

It's the "Voyager" thing all again. In TNG/SG-1 Picard/Daniel would always try to operate within the limits of the Prime Directive...while in V/SG-A the whole crew keeps trying to taint every culture they come across. LOL.

And that guy still hasn't combed his hair.

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I think Daniel tried to not mess too much with people's cultures because they had direct ties with Earth, allowing him a 'living' textbook to study from. While in the Pegasus galaxy there is not much simmilarity to ancient Earth cultures, therefore no need to preserve their current cultural state to gain insight that relates to Earth history.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    also they are trying to save the other cultures from the wraith...(i hope that is spelled right) they are super creepy.

someone told me...i have been trying to find something to back this up. that atlantis was moving to UPN in place of enterprise. i haven't found anything yet......so i don't know how truthful that is.

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I think that they've been trying too hard to establish McKay's 'scientifically-based' skepticisms, and lack of interpersonal skills. I'm hoping that his views will in fact get him into such hot water at some point, that he may undergo some sort of cathartic experience as a result.

He remains as annoying as ever, though....

Keep in mind that the SG-A expedition is comprised primarily of military/scientific personnnel, with the exception of Dr. Weir.

AND....since Weir never accompanies them on their 'away' missions, they're pretty much on their own as far as diplomacy goes, with the exception of Warrior Chica (name escapes me).

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I actually watched it this Friday.

It sucked...again.

Not surprised though. LOL.

21. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Last weeks Atlantis I found amusing. Ya know the video home thing. It was a welcome break from the same ol'.

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    They've definitely established McKay as being non-diplomatic. At first, back on SG-1, it was just because his character was to be annoying. Here, I have to think it's both a character thing and a ploy to give his character room to grow, in addition to his scientific scepticism. Sheppard is normally diplomatic, though, and usually kicks McKay in an attempt to get him in line.

Plus, you have to take into account their situation. They know that they're about to be wiped out by the Wraith, and that it will be a spectacularly terrible way to die. McKay isn't a soldier, and he admits that he's terrified of what is coming... so, when he sees someone or something that has the potential to protect them from the Wraith, he feels pretty strongly about getting it. Which, in the end, is understandable. He'd get a lot more being diplomatic, but I can at least understand his emotional motivation. *shrug*

But as for the episodes coming up... yow, things don't look good. Like Han said... "I don't know how we're going to get out of this one".

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I think McKay knows when to kick his butt into gear when he needs to, and he really knows what matters. He also really cares about what Atlantis stands for, just as much as Weir does. But I think character wise McKay has some stress issues. I wouldn't be suprised to see a future episode where he cracks. He's one of those people that act strong because they are needed and they hide behind that(and regularly points out they are DOOMED).

And I just think he's hilarious. "If you haven't noticed already, I'm an extremely arrogant man that tends to think ALL of his ideas will work."

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Bump. Part 1 of 2-part Season Finale airs tonight.

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I guess I'd better bite the bullet & watch part 1....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.