main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Two problems

Discussion in 'Communications' started by The Great No One, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i just had two issues tonight. the first one might be the bigger one.

1. as i was trying to load a page on the YJCC chrome's (or my school', not sure which) malware protection popped up and said that the YJCC main page was infected with malware and asked if i wanted to continue or not. i'm not entirely sure what's going on with that, i backed up and reloaded and it didn't come up, but i'm wondering if something's not going on with that.

2. while trying to load comes and the EUC i have been getting a white screen and it stopped trying to load the page. didn't say that it had failed to load, just gave me a white screen and acted like it was finished. did this repeatedly for the last twenty minutes before finally loading.

EDIT

this is the thread that it's saying has malware: http://boards.theforce.net/your_jedi_council_community/b10008/31232190/p1/?24

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That thread didn't trip anything in Norton Internet Security on my laptop. It could just be a false positive in your software. I've gotten those on other sites.

As far as the other problem goes we are having problems with the image server. When it's working things load fine. When it doesn't the boards take a long time to load. Your browser is probably just timing out. I got the same type of thing trying to bring up TFN Main a couple of minutes ago.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    As far as the malware thing, I tried that link in both Firefox and Chrome and didn't have any problems. I've seen Chrome pop up occasionally and tell me that a site isn't safe (I mostly see this when people post images from Photobucket), but it didn't say anything while loading that page. Perhaps your malware program flagged the boards as unsafe in some other instance or it's even possible that some sort of virus is doing that. I'd keep an eye out to see if it does the same thing on other random web sites that you happen to visit.

As for the slow loading today, I'm getting that too. In fact, TFN main seems to be doing the same thing, so it may be the entire site at the moment. I'll check and see if Philip knows what's going on.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Response from Philip on the TFN server issues:

The host had a complete power outage this morning. Only two of the three servers are functioning at this time. "We are working every minute on it when we can get attention from the host support guys," says Philip. I'd imagine the host support is extremely busy today if every site they host went down.

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    thanks for the heads up.

it hasn't been doing it on anything else, so i doubt that it's a virus. probably just a hiccup.

ah... yea, if the servers had a power outage that would definitely do it.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That explains the slow loads. :oops:

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    No wonder I couldn't get on and do anything without most attempts failing or only loading the banner and stopping.[face_tired]

8. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    This is my problem, too. I can load up the main page and then go to two or three pages after that. But, from that point on the pages NEVER fully load (usually I don't even get the banner). The "recycle" bar just keeps spinning.

I use Firefox and I never had this problem prior to late 2010.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was having the same problem in Firefox earlier so I had to switch to IE.

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I tried it in both firefox and IE and its been making no difference.

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Glad to know it isn't just me. I was ready to do what I usually do when I have a computer issue and blame Windows Vista.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, to be fair, 99% of the time it is Vista. I was more worried about the boards themselves than my ability to access them, I'll admit. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.