main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Tython: The Force Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthXan318, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    IC - Takla
    fresher

Thankfully, no one paid a bit of attention to her as she washed her face and composed herself. After a few minutes had passed, she finally made her way out and returned to where the professor was standing. There was a small, shaded alcove or corner near her sculpture, and Takla took up her place within the corner and listened to the discussions and the patrons talking about her work.

It would be fantastic once this exhibition was over and she could get away from all these people.

Tag: any

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Alec Grazer
    Conclave Campus, Gallery

"I wonder... if any of them are the artists who created some of these works?"

Alec turned back to look at the group as well to find that Jed and Conrad had already gone to merge with Professor Alvarez and his group. The philosopher found Lyceus again and he nodded his head towards him for Alana.

"The man in the grey robes, with his beard braided," Alec pointed out. "That's Lyceus Eltotsira and I believe that you can find something of his in here. As well as Takla's...though I wonder where she ran off to."

A flash of light from one of the holo-images came to life and the philosopher glanced over at that in time to see the image, that of a young girl, who had just opened her eyes, change and soon enough Alec watched as the image shifted to that of the entire galaxy and then the eyes of the girl were super imposed. The title, Awakening, was one that Alec saw the connection to the piece easily enough. And there was Lyceus's name.

"Actually, I believe that is his right there," Alec spoke again as he pointed at the holo-image for Alana. He took a couple steps towards it and glanced around at the other names that marked the other artworks. Nearby, Alec found the name Takla Foo marked on a sculpture that he quickly recognized as Platic. That caused a smile to appear on Alec's face, for Platic had been one that Alec had studied about during his education to become a philosopher.

"And here's one of Takla's. I can recognize Platic quite well with this piece of hers."

TAG: Ktala, BrentusofGath DarthXan318, greyjedi125, Hammurabi, Galaxies

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Pyr Reconn
    Vale Bar

He caught the rifle and examined it.

Antur showed him the other "accessories" in the crate. Pyr reached in and grabbed some more ammo. That was the most important thing. Then the silencer. He placed it on the barrel of the rifle, and, as he was attaching it, turned to look at the others. "You guys getting in on this or what?"

He then reached down to pick up the carrying sling.

TAG: Bogan folk at the Vale Bar...

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Raffi Drall
    Speeder Bay, Sathel Arms HQ

Raffi stood expectantly, but his face began to fall. Maxil wasn?t moving. He was being stereotypical of a police officer. Damn, peacekeeper. Raffi silently conceded. He hopped in the back of the speeder. Raffi looked away from both Wit and Maxil, sulking. Quickly, roughly, he said, ?Well, you gunna go, or not?? Raffi leaned back, letting his arms encompass the entire backseat. He sniffed angrily.

Tag: beasty and Guns

5. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    The Vale Bar

The stirring of winds can form a tornado, a single snowflake can lead to an avalanche. A plan was brewing amongst the Bogan, and raw and infantile and uncivilised as it was, it could be a harbinger for greater things to come. But not with this rabble leading the charge.

Varus did not rush to judgement on individuals. When it came to assessing a man's character, the path to drawing conclusions was a slow and treacherous one, and it was not always certain that you would arrive at the expected destination.

Nevertheless, he saw little potential in the motley crew before him.

The artist was the first to seize the weapons offered by Kilvaari, and turned to the group, encouraging them to do the same.

"Thank you," said Varus. "But no. Words alone are my weaponry. The more physical pursuits are not within the area of my expertise."

TAG: Lord_Lahmien, Dubya_Scott, darth_nemisis, Xan

6. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Maxil Sylveste
    Sathel Arms

Smirking as the kid and Winton both got in the skim, Sylveste peered around past Drall's sulking and started to back out of the parking space. The skim handled pretty smoothly, for a standard company skim, and entirely better than the things they gave the TPDF. Those skims could pick up speed, but were horrible at turns and had caused many a collision.

After Sylveste had backed all the way out, he looked in the mirror at Drall. "Maybe this will give you some satisfaction. Buckle up!" Sylveste grunted as he floored the skim, going 5 times the allowed sped limit for going out of the bay. The way Sylveste drove was the same way he lived: There were no consequences when you were dead.

After a couple of minutes, he found a nice caf shop, went through the sped-through and ordered cafs and pretty cakes, little mounds of klawberry goodness, but the things were incredibly sweet. He stopped again at a station to pick up more cigarras, popped in another one and lit it up and they eventually reached the highway.

"Hey, where the hell is this place? I've been there before, but just as security and I wasn't driving, so don't remember much. Like how far out is this kaf'nu? Any of you guys know something about the prepboys?" Sylveste grunted in between puffs.

Tag: Game Matriarch, Guns, Nicola

7. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Raffi Drall
    Corporate Speeder, Going Places

Raffi lounged in the back, a satisfied smile on his face. Once they had rolled around to get some caf, Raffi had calmed down. He was pleasantly enjoying himself, pretending to be a big name star. He chuckled and took a sip of his drink. He took a bite of the little cake as well, and with a mouth full of food, he said, ?Uh?ve never even meh? a prep?oy.?

He sat up. He was kind of in the mood for another cigarra, but he had promised his mother he wouldn't smoke them that often. His father had been an avid smoker and they had raised complications in his last few years. Raffi closed his eyes, remembering his father?s smile. He couldn?t help but smile himself.

Raffi leaned back again, letting his feet hang out the left side of the speeder. He tipped a sip of caf into his mouth, clearing away the last of his cake. Raffi wiped crumbs off his chest and onto the floor of the speeder. He chucked the little piece of paper over his shoulder and out of the little craft. It fluttered away immediately. Raffi asked,
    ?Didn?t that little folder give you directions, or something??

Raffi rolled his shoulders and laid down. He let his chin rest against his chest and closed his eyes.

Tag: beasty and Guns

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Wid Winton
    Corporate Speeder

Wid watched as Drall tossed the piece of paper out of the vehicle, making sure to move his eyes down to the folder so that he wouldn't have to make eye contact. Openign the folder, he spilled the contents on the seat next to him; inside, there was several official-lokking documents, including contracts and invoices for the various goods produced by the company. Stickied onto a small fold-out map was one simple word: Map. Folding out the paper, Wid began to look for landmarks; near the highway, there was supposed to be a billboard. Looking over the side of the speeder, Wid could see the board in the distance. "We're to go straight to that billboard," he said to Sylveste, "get on the highway, and then take it for a ways."

As the speeder entered the highway lanes, Wid looked at the map once more. After going a ways, there was supposed to be a pair of spire-topped buildings; once they reached that exit, then the route would consist of bypassing those landmarks and flying ahead for a minute or two. After that, he would have to look at the map again; the Ashla Conclave campus was located in a part of the city where he rarely ever ventured, a place that he did not know around particularily well. Sitting back in his seat, Wid watched as their speeder passed many bulky transports used primarily for family vacations. However, looking ahead, Wid could see stopped vehicles in front of them. "Great, a traffic jam," he commented; it would take even longer to reach the campus now.

TAG: Nick, Blu

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lyceus Eltotsira

Ashla Conclave, gallery

Lyceus felt a pang of dismay as he watched Takla's sudden departure. He'd notice her make a strange fumbling move with her hand, but was now unusre as to the cause. His musing was soon interrupted as others prompltly joined the small group and were introduced, Lyceus also recognized some familiar faces.

"Greetings, everyone..." he said placidly, punctuaded by a curt bow. His banded beard of braids jinggled as he did so.

"I hope you are enjoying yourselves..."

Lyceus' grey eyes turned to regard a fellow philosopher, one he'd never quite had the chance to engage in philosophical discussion, but had read a good portion of his works.

"Alec Grazer..." Lyceus intoned respectfully.

"I am Lyceus Eltotsira. It is a great pleasure to offically make your acquaintance."

The grey robed philosopher placed both palms in a prayer pose and bowed deferentially.

As he righted himself, Lyceus looked upon Alec's companion and gave her a welcoming smile.

"Greetings and welcome..." he bid the young lady who seemed to be taking in everything almost at once.

Tag: sarge, ktala, Hammurabi, Galaxies, GM

10. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Maxil Sylveste
    Corporate Speeder, Highway

"Oh vek!" Sylveste saw the jam as soon as Winton had finished. "Dammit, how can Sathel know all the kaf'nu on this world, yet can't warn us about a traffic jam?" Shouted Sylveste angrily, more to himself than to the others. He wasn't actually mad, but this would keep him away longer than he expected and he probably wasn't going to be back in time for the bar party.

Flicking his cigarra out of the skimmer, Sylveste took out another and lit it up. He really needed to stop smoking so much, but it was kind of compulsive. When he was done with one, his reflexes screamed to pull another one out and continue the chain. He picked the cigarra out of his mouth and eyed it before putting it back in his mouth and smoking. Sylveste made a promise to quit tomorrow, though he had made that promise everyday for the past 6 months.

Reaching over to the com, Sylveste turned it on and loud to a fast paced, thunderous type of music that was really a headbanger. People around the car started to look at him with disgruntled looks, but they quickly turned their focus back to the highway when the traffic jam started to move. In a couple of minutes, things were back to normal, except cars were moving faster than what would be perceived as "safe". This probably would have been a good speed for Drall, but Sylveste was starting to feel alittle nervous as he took the exit that Winton had mentioned.

"Dammit Drall, I have no idea how you do this plak'ak!" Sylveste shouted to the man in the back.

Tag: Guns, Nicola, Master Chief Xany

OOC: I'm not going to say that there will be a collision. I'm just implying it.:D Feel free to...continue. *hint hint*

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Wid held on as the speeder picked up the pace and headed towards the exit at a blistering pace. This is crazy; he'll get us all killed Wid thought; he had not expected to be hanging on for dear life in a corporate speeder piloted by a police officer. As the craft reached the exit, Wid looked up at the landmarks; indeed, the spire-topped buildings were plainly visible. Sylveste piloted the speeder past the buildings, causing Wid to go back to the small map. Now, they were supposed to pass a large rock formation . . . in the middle of a city? Why would a rock be in the middle of the city? He had to clear this out of his mind before relaying the information to Sylveste. "The campus should be in sight after that point," he said. "It won't be too difficult to find it."

TAG: Blu, Nick

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Grazer
    Conclave Campus, Gallery

"Alec Grazer..."

At hearing his name, Alec turned away from the sculpture and looked to who was calling his name, which was none other then Lyceus. Alec politely returned the bow that was given in greeting with an added, "Good to meet you Lyceus. I was actually just looking at one of your works."

When his fellow philospher turned his attention to Alana, Alec thought to introduce her himself. From what he knew of Alana so far, which was very little of course, she seemed to like to keep to herself, at least when first meeting new people.

"This is Alana," Alec introduced. "I had only recently been introduced to her in the gardens and, from what Ms Vindezya has said, she seems to be another that is interested in the work that is being conducted here about the Ashla."

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi125, DarthXan318, Hammurabi, Galaxies

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus

I wonder... if any of them are the artists who created some of these works?" Alana asked, looking over curiously at the group of people standing in the Gallery area.

Alec turned back to look at the group as well to find that Jed and Conrad had already gone to merge with Professor Alvarez and his group. The philosopher found Lyceus again and he nodded his head towards him for Alana.

"The man in the grey robes, with his beard braided," Alec pointed out. "That's Lyceus Eltotsira and I believe that you can find something of his in here. As well as Takla's...though I wonder where she ran off to." That must have been the young woman Alana had seen run off eariler. Alec continued, when one of the pieces of art started to move once more.

"Actually, I believe that is his right there," Alec spoke again as he pointed at the holo-image for Alana. "And here's one of Takla's. I can recognize Platic quite well with this piece of hers." The names ment nothing to Alana, but she could still appreciate the beautiful artwork.

"Alec Grazer..." a deep voice intoned respectfully. Alana turned as the man with the braids Alec had pointed out eariler headed for them.

"I am Lyceus Eltotsira. It is a great pleasure to offically make your acquaintance." The grey robed philosopher placed both palms in a prayer pose and bowed deferentially. As he stood back up, Lyceus looked upon Alana and gave her a welcoming smile.

"Greetings and welcome..." he bid the young lady who seemed to be taking in everything almost at once.

"Thank you. Your greeting is most welcomed. As is your artwork. It is beautiful." she said, as she did an elaborate arm gesture, and also bowed in respect to the man. Artist were highly prised in her group.

Alec turned, and politely returned the bow that was given in greeting with an added, "Good to meet you Lyceus. I was actually just looking at one of your works." Alec turned and gestured towards her.

"This is Alana," Alec introduced. "I had only recently been introduced to her in the gardens and, from what Ms Vindezya has said, she seems to be another that is interested in the work that is being conducted here about the Ashla."

Alana didnt say anything, but she fought to urge to frown slightly. She could have told the man herself, her interests, but no need to tell him everything two seconds after meeting her. But she stayed silent for now, and simply gave an indifferent nod. "I am here to learn." she said simply, as she smiled towards the two men.

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, Galaxies

14. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The Vale Bar

Pyr was an artist. His expertise was not language. He expressed things visually with his art. But from what he understood, it seemed like Varus didn't want to take a weapon. They were sort of "going into battle", but this Varus didn't want a weapon? Pyr shrugged.

He turned his attention back to the rifle in his hands, feeling it's weight. Hoisting it up toward his face, he aimed at the wall...testing out the feel of it.

TAG: Vale Bar folks...

15. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    IC: Ivo Agrippa
    The Vale Bar

Standing at parade rest, Ivo watched the scene unfold before him. What had he gotten himself involved in? He was a rising officer in the planetary defense force, yet here he was standing in the back room of a bar watching a child weild a dangerous weapon. Ivo did not knwo what the groups de facto leader had planned but he knew he would not ruin his career for these people he barely knew.

"And just what do you plan to gain by giving weapons to this... boy?" He asked an air of military smugness encompassing his stance. "Whilst I am all for a demonstration of out power, I will not risk all I have gained on a fouls errand."

TAG: Vale bar

16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lyceus Eltotsira

Ashla Conclave, Gallery

Alec, polite as always, introduced his viewing companion Alana, to Lyceus, who noted that the young lady wasn't quite outfitted in the trappings of inner city inhabitants. He found that curously intriguing.

"This is Alana," Alec said. "I had only recently been introduced to her in the gardens and, from what Ms Vindezya has said, she seems to be another that is interested in the work that is being conducted here about the Ashla."

"I see.." Lyceus intoned with curious interest.

Alana didn't offer a response immediately, but after a beat she did speak.

"I am here to learn." she said simply, as she smiled towards the two men.

The grey robed philosopher chuckled in good humor and absently began to stroke his beard.

"Yes, yes... I do believe we are all here for the same thing. To learn, indeed. The conclave does important work, revolutionary work if I may call it that. Of such magnitude in fact, that it's sure to transform our very way of life. But into what, is the question. This test is the fulcrum of our society's evolution, and I for one, am very excited to see where it all leads..."

Lyceus smiled as his grey eyes lit up. He enjoyed a good debate and had not-so subtly opened the subject for discussion as he now looked from Alana to Alec, wondering if they would engage him is discussion or politely side-step the issue.

Tag:Ktala, Sarge, Hummurabi, Galaxies, GM, (Brentus)

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Conclave Campus, Gallery

"Yes, yes... I do believe we are all here for the same thing. To learn, indeed. The conclave does important work, revolutionary work if I may call it that. Of such magnitude in fact, that it's sure to transform our very way of life. But into what, is the question. This test is the fulcrum of our society's evolution, and I for one, am very excited to see where it all leads..."

"That," Alec started, "has some dependence on who is truly going to be the ones that will be controlling that evolution I think."

The sentence was said with a smile but Alec was speaking of doubts that he had in his mind and that of his comrades within the Circle. It was true that those that ran the Conclave were at the forefront of the research being conducted on Ashla, but it would be extremely difficult to do so without the funding and support that the Tython Government supplied. Alec had always had thoughts about any conditions that the Tython Government may've secretly placed on their funding and it always made him question if the government only continued to assist them - despite some objections of the public to shut down the Conclave - as long as they were able to see what they can do with the research.

He didn't know anything about it and he tended to wish from time to time that his education had been focused on science instead of philosophy so that he could have infiltrated the Conclave as a scientist. No doubt the scientists, the ones who were studying and testing the Ashla, had some answers to the questions he sought, especially the more prominent ones like Jed Vindezya.

"But I hope that since it's people like us that are behind the research of the Ashla," Alec continued, "it will be used to provide a better future for Tython."

TAG: greyjedi125, Ktala, Hammurabi, Galaxies, DarthXan318, BrentusofGath

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus

"I am here to learn." she said simply, as she smiled towards the two men. The grey robed philosopher Lyceus, chuckled in good humor and absently began to stroke his beard.

"Yes, yes... I do believe we are all here for the same thing. To learn, indeed. The conclave does important work, evolutionary work if I may call it that. Of such magnitude in fact, that it's sure to transform our very way of life. But into what, is the question. This test is the fulcrum of our society's evolution, and I for one, am very excited to see where it all leads..." Lyceus smiled as his grey eyes lit up.

Alana raised an eyebrow. Alec was quick to jump in.

"That," Alec started, "has some dependence on who is truly going to be the ones that will be controlling that evolution I think." He smiled.

Alana frowned. 'Controlling evolution?'

Alec continued. "But I hope that since it's people like us that are behind the research of the Ashla," Alec continued, "it will be used to provide a better future for Tython."

Alana spoke slowly then. "I agree, that the research that they are doing, is awe inspiring. But I dont think its evolutionary ...since not all seem capable of accessing it. And as a general rule, people tend to fear that which is different that themselves, so they are more prone to attack what they dont understand first. There is already rumblings of that."

Alana turned and looked towards Alec. "And what makes you think that...it should be used to provide a better future for all of Tython? Why not all of the entire universe?" Alana sighed softly. "To some, that would mean, who can we use it as a weapon? I think it is something far more important, than a simple tool to be used by any one being.."

Alana sighed once more, and turned to leave. She felt a need to look at the other pieces of artwork.

"Perhaps it is Ashla, who should study US..." she added quietly as she walked on to the next piece of artwork.

Alec had touched on some issues that had bothered her. For the sake of her people, she truly wondered, if they found out just how they could find beings that could use this 'gift'..what next? Draft them into service? Wipe them out? Try to use them for other purposes, than those the gifts had been bestowed for? This was something natural. Not man-made. Not something they had done to themselves. It was something that only the quiet voice within could discover for itself.

She had only talked to a few beings, and already her uneasyness grew.

Alana found a seat, and sat down.

TAG: greyjedi125, Sarge, Hammurabi, Galaxies, DarthXan318, BrentusofGath

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    conclave Campus, Gallery

"I agree, that the research that they are doing, is awe inspiring. But I dont think its evolutionary ...since not all seem capable of accessing it. And as a general rule, people tend to fear that which is different that themselves, so they are more prone to attack what they dont understand first. There is already rumblings of that."

Alec tried not to turn his head too sharply as he turned to look at Alana, but his brows still rose quite a bit as he listened to the younger woman. He wasn't offended in the least as she spoke, not at all. What she was saying, the possible dangers and consequences that may come from studying Ashla and other problematic possibilities, this was what troubled Alec and the reason why he had willingly volunteered to infiltrate the Conclave.

"Perhaps it is Ashla, who should study US..."

The philosopher watched as Alana turned and walked away to view the rest of the artwork, and did so until the young woman had seated herself. It was only then did he turn to look back at Lyceus.

"That was a bit insightful wasn't it?" Alec questioned, the polite smile once again on his face.

Alana's name and face now burned into his mind to keep it in his memory. It was much too early to even think about Alana becoming affiliated with the Circle, but she seemed to have the right mindset for it that had immediately caught Alec's attention. The Circle was a small faction, only taking on recruits with much care about it. It had kept them hidden but Alec knew that if the conflicts that are theorized to come about with the researching of Ashla do take place, the Circle could probably use plenty of members.

He would do nothing yet of course. But he would keep an eye on possible candidates such as Alana and see what takes place from there. He and the Circle could use all the help that they could get.

TAG: Ktala, greyjedi125, DarthXan318, Hammurabi, Galaxies, BrentusofGath

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Nick, Guns, Blu - Try to get to the Conclave in one piece. :p Other than that, feel free to continue doing what you're doing, within reason of course, and tag me when you get there.

Ivo Agrippa, Pyr, Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

The Vale Bar

Antur smirked at Pyr's enthusiasm, but his expression quickly turned into a scowl when Varus and Ivo voiced their dissent.

"You don't understand, do you?" Antur said heatedly. "What good are words, old man, when they're going to hunt us down one by one and lock us up? And you - you care so much about your career, but when they find you out you'll have lost it anyway. Oh, the test is voluntary - sure, but for how long? Soon they'll force everyone to take it. We have to show them we're not going to stand for it."

He stood facing them all, arms crossed and glaring. Juris hadn't moved from her seat; she was glancing around, her expression unreadable. "Don't you lot have any spine? I thought we said we were going to change things. Change the world. This is where it starts!"

Antur's words sent a stir through the assembled men. He was a persuasive speaker to be sure, but it was more than that ... it was an urge, gentle but firm, to pick up a rifle and follow Antur wherever he would lead. Whether they would resist it or not - or indeed recognise it for what it was - remained to be seen.

TAG: Lord_Lahmien, Dubya_Scott, darth_nemisis, Winged_Jedi

Conclave folks: sadly Brentus has had to drop out due to Darth RL, but we're still waiting on Hammurabi and Galaxies ... although Galaxies never checked in in the first place, who knows. You guys seem to be doing fine so I'll give them a couple of days to reply before moving on ... :D

21. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    OOC: A combined post with me and the boys.

IC: Raffi Drall, Maxil Sylveste, Wid Winton
    Corporate Speeder, Highway

Raffi popped his head up. A comical grin spread unchecked on his face. He knew speed when he smelled it. Raffi leaned forward slowly. His face was about six inches from the officer?s back, when he whispered, ?Feels good, to go fast. Doesn?t it?? His voice was raspy, designed so, to sound creepy. Maxil?s hands jerked left, the speeder groaned, but obeyed. Speeders didn?t deviate from the course you set them on, not often. Raffi heard something like, ?Aww kaf?nu!?

Because, unfortunately, to the left lay a long line of waiting speeders. Maxil jerked right. Uh oh. Incoming traffic. Raffi lowered his head deliberately. He heard Witty yelling something demanding from the front of the speeder. In the back of his mind, he thought, not so witty now, are you? The front of his mind was preoccupied with their possible imminent death. Raffi felt the speeder jerk right again. He leaned up over the seat and looked out. That was a mistake.

He was flung over the seat and thrown against the roof of the skim. His head made a hollow knocking sound. He didn't even have time to orient himself, before being thrown back into the cab of the speeder. Suddenly, the world slowed down around him. And, he knew they were airborne.

Raffi glanced around them, he could see speeders of all different makes colliding. Sparks flew. Raffi gasped. Sparks were bad. It was only a matter of time, before? Next to them, a speeder exploded. Their corporate skim rocked. In an instant, Raffi could hear Maxil screaming. He could hear Wid screaming louder. Over it all, he heard one voice, that he didn't recognize. Oh, it was his.

Wid shouted something at Sylveste, but the police officer obviously didn't hear over Drall's screaming in the back. They had just made it off the exit, and now there was a huge wreck going on all around them. How could Drall live at this speed? It was madness!

Sylveste didn't know how to respond. He had been on the highway before and he had been in high speed chases, but something had went terribly wrong with this one. All the speeders were going fast and it was overcrowded. Maybe his vision was coming true before his eyes.

When he had jerked the speeder to the left, out of laughter from Drall, he quickly tried to correct himself, but he drifted too far over to the right and hit the corner of a speeder that had recently slowed down. The impact sent them flipping over the skim, sending them crashing into multiple other speeders and rolling for several meters until they laid to rest by slamming into an already toppled skimmer, which exploded a few moments later.

Instincts told him to get out of the speeder, but that would mean certain death. Sylveste, bleeding from multiple cuts on his face, let his mind wander onto if he was to blame for this. For the most part he was, but he also remembered other speeders following his disastrous lead over in the other lanes farther to the left. But there was no sense living in the past or, with his given ability, the future. Sylveste had to focus on the present, no matter that it might be very short lived. They were hit by a passing overhead speeder and he heard a loud *crack*.

Sylveste knew he should be still, but he threw caution out the window and raised his arms, pulling out a cigarra and bit back a screaming pain in his shoulder. It was seeming like all the speeders that would and could be involved in the wreck, were, and things slowly came to a rest around them, besides minor explosions, cries of pain, and rushing MedSkims sirens.

Holding onto the map, Wid closed his eyes, his mind slipping from its usual confidence into a state of terror; he could die at any moment because of the wreck. His only hope was that they could ride all the way to the Conclave campus and finish the job.

Raffi opened the door and rolled out of the totaled ride. He tried to stagger to his fee

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Wid staggered to his feet, but found out too late that they did not find stable footing. He tripped and landed on the ground beside the wrecked vehicle, looking up at the sky from where he lay. In his hand was the map and the kit . . . wait, where was the kit? Picking himself up, he started to search for the packet that contained the information vital to their meeting with the Conclave. "Hey, the packet is missing!" Wid said to the other two, who were both shaken up after the crazy pile-up on the highway. He hoped that the information was hiding underneath a seat, because Deke would have his head if he lost it; no wreck could save him from his employers wrath.

TAG: Nick, Blu

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The Vale Bar

Pyr stood back and listened to what was happening. He couldn't understand why they were here if they didn't want to be involved in this.

After hearing Antur speak, Pyr added, "Why don't you want to do this? You guys have a better plan?"

TAG: Vale Bar people...

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus

Alana berated herself as she sat on the bench. 'Way how to be subtle, hmmm? That was just stupid...' she thought to herself. She simply had to keep herself calm, or risk exposing herself. But it was so annoying, listening how people talked about the light.

Alana sighed once more. She had seen the look Alec had given her. She could never really understand the 'polite conversation' people liked to weave, without speaking their minds. She had a feeling these here, would be good at it. After a few more moments, she exhaled sharply. Feeling better, she then stood up once more, and began looking at the different pieces of artwork. At least they were calming and peaceful to look upon.

TAG:Any who dare...

25. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for my absence, I will be back and posting again shortly. I've just been real pressed for time lately, first I was away for a few days, then I get back and my college move-in moves up a few days, leaving me a handful of days to pack up and say my goodbyes. So I should be posting regularly again later this week, and I'll try my best to get in an update tonight or tomorrow, but I can't guarantee anything right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.