main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Unofficial CE 1.6 - London. "The Hobbit".

Discussion in 'Community' started by Everton, Oct 12, 2012.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well the assumption is it's 24fps unless stated because that's standard and 48fps is a niche specialty. Yeah they should definitely have announced if there were going to be any 48fps showings by now.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Where exactly is the BFI IMAX?

Glad that 48fps is becoming an option, but this does seem like a poor organization from the cinemas, it's less than a month now till the premiere...

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    BFI IMAX is in Waterloo, it's the huge round building visible from the train. It is the only Giant IMAX in the city, the rest being the smaller in-house Digital kind.

It doesn't seem like the problem is getting it, it's more that many aren't sure if they can get approval to pay for the projection update software.
    I would think it's likely IMAX cinemas will be allowed to have it (depending on location), but not sure about others.

Cineworld in the O2 has a Sky Supescreen, I assume that will be updated to run 48fps.

Demand will drive this, if few people express interest in the different formats I doubt many placers will upgrade. If people see it in 48fps and prefer it and word spreads then other venues will want in and then upgrade.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Okay. Further update, and GOOD NEWS! Odeon Cinemas have announced 48fps locations. They are few and far between, but they are there. Maria and I have therefore booked ourselves two seats at the following screening (only Odeon in London that's announced):

Kensington Odeon, Screen One, 14th December, 8pm. If anyone would like to come along to that showing with us, please do book yourself a ticket. :D

5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Salzburg's biggest theater is going to be showing it in 48fps (though not IMAX, unfortunately). Still, [face_dancing]. Care to move the celebration thingy here?

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Also, we'll hit the pubs after the film, so even if you're unable to see the film at this time, please join us for a drink afterwards, anyway. :)

7. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    ^That^, too. :D

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Still 9 days too early for me. Oh well, maybe next time :p

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    So, is anyone actually going to join us? If not for the film, then at least for the drinks afterwards...?