main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    All right: will no one admit to looking forward to the Thunderbirds movie due out soon...?

No?

:D

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Yes!

I'm just hoping that it's not yet another re-make that drags the original down with it...

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    From what I've seen, its looking good. But it won't be the same without the puppets.

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I know absolutely nothing about it, last i heard was a rumour about two years ago that the puppets were being scanned in very high detail and computer animated.

This still happening or does it star Ashton Kutcher now?

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm not looking forward to it because it's a disgrace to the original classic series. Thunderbirds without the puppets and strings is NOT Thunderbirds in my opinion.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    It really was the thing that gave it character wasn't it?

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes the marionettes with strings is what gave Thunderbirds it's charm. Without that you don't have Thunderbirds.

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Don't knock the movie because it isn't truly based on the show. I think it will be good thanks to that different take on the story, adding a little realism. Of course, that doesn't mean any old person could make a live action version of, say, Bear in the Big Blue House without the muppets, but these days anything can happen in hollywood so it wouldn't come as a surprise.

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yeah, I suppose that it should be given something of a chance, I just won't be rushing out to see it.

10. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Anyone here know why Kill Bill Volume 1 isn't available to buy on DVD yet??? I can't for the life of me figure out why its only a rental, and there's no official release date yet for some reason.

Speaking of which, it looks like there will be a volume 3.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The only follow up to Kill Bill I've heard about is actually a prequel. An anime by the same artist who did the anime sequence in volume 1 and all about the same character and how she rose to power in Japan.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Don't knock the movie because it isn't truly based on the show. I think it will be good thanks to that different take on the story, adding a little realism.

I think that's the main reason to knock the movie. It was never about realism and a movie doesn't need to be made about it either. It's just a cash in on the TV series. I hope it flops but then again most crap these days makes money.

13. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    While I'm willing to give it a chance, I am a tad sick of every single old TV show or comic becoming a film. Not much originality in film these days.
    I suppose the worst offenders are Disney. I think it kinda cheapens the old Disney animated classics the way every single one now suddenly has to have a corny rushed to video sequel. Cash-in anyone? I mean, who really thinks Cinderella left itself open for a sequel!?!

14. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    You should have a look at the upcoming Lion King sequel. It actually ties in with the events of the first through the point of view of timon and pumba, and from what I've read its very funny stuff.

Anyway, as for KB, something was mentioned on comingsoon.net that Volume 3 would be about the daughter of the first person the bride killed getting revenge. I've heard about that animated prequel, so it looks like Tarantino is getting his moneys worth out of the story.

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I actually heard from someone else about a sequel as well last night, so it looks like he's cashing in on both directions.
    Mind you, he apparently won't be doing the sequel for a really long time...

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    hasn't he heard of makeup before? :D

17. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Movies I'm looking forward to seeing are:

Secret Window - A writer is accused for plagiarism by a strange man, who then starts haunting him for "justice"
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - A couple (Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet) undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.

And I've still yet to see Kill Bill, Butterfly Effect... and numerous others...

18. tenacious_dee

tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    I just saw Eternal sunshine on the spotless mind today and it was great. Of course with the combination of Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry the odds were pretty good that it would turn out well (just don't mention Human Nature).

As for Kill Bill. They aren't going to release it on DVD until volume 2 is finished at the cinema so that they can release the pair as one complete movie.

Next movie I'm looking forward to is Van Helsing, although some recent pictures and trailers have raised a few doubts in my mind. Stephen Sommers is a great writer but only an average director.

19. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And I thought I was the only one who hasn't seen Kill Bill yet! I'mm probably one of the few on here who's really looking forward to the 4th June for Prisoner of Azkeban. :p

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm really looking forward to that one too Soneil, my g/f and I are planning on seeing it in the gold class cinema.

21. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Harry Potter? You like that stuff! What's the world coming to ...

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The Punisher looks interesting.

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    ...Just to continue the BB Bandwagon, there's a nice little article in today's West about Christian Bale and a bit about Batman Begins. Nice cast in the works. Michael Caine; Ken Watanabe as Ras Al Ghul; Morgan Freeman...the list goes on.

:D

24. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    It is looking interesting. If it's even a tiny bit better then Batman and Robin, I'll be happy :D

Anyway, Kill Bill Volume 2 is out now (Hurrah!) and Van Helsing posters have found their way to bus stops. Let's hope that isn't a flop.

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    "King Arthur". In July.

Directed by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Dear God no.

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.