main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Upcoming movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh wait, wait, wait - I think I'm actually busy Thursday night :( :oops: You guys will have to see it without me. If anyone wants to do a second viewing when I can see it, let me know though :)

2. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
  3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Working, Sadly.

4. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Making time. Seriously.

5. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    From MySpace Video *shudder*:

Go Speed Racer Go Music Video

The song's crap, but watch it for the pretty imagery, and the recreation of the final shot of the title sequence of the original animation :D

EDIT: new The Dark Knight Trailer bootleg.

Atrocious quality, but it's good, and we'll have a proper version in less than a week.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Again, refuse to watch the bootleg, demand to see it in high quality. It was worth the wait for the last one, it's gonna be worth the wait for this one.

Iron Man session times are still not up. :( Guess we'll be in for a rapid discussion Wednesday night over when we're going.

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Strike my last. Session times are up, and it's 6:30 in Cinema 5. Be there or be square, since aside from a small-screen one at 6:45, there's not another till 9:20. I'm going to be there, hope to see the rest of you.

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll be there. Make sure if you're coming that you buy your tickets beforehand. This is going to be packed.

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Have fun at Iron Man. have munchkin..will see another time. Movie theatres in Coolum?

Boss said today that he was headed to a premiere tonight and I asked if it was Iron Man. He said no and that he'd seen it a few weeks ago, due to some connections with stuff at distribution of movie company.. UNFAIR!

Went on to say that same connection, or others, ( threw in that he knew someone at ILM) was getting him tickets to a US premiere of the new Star Trek movie next February before it's cinema release. Haven't got to tell Goobs about that yet.

Moral of the story: I should be nicer/get to know my boss better.

10. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    *Has a heart attack*
    :eek:

11. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Or we could kidnap his kids and hold them to ransom. Just saying... :p

Okay, Iron Man is on at the following times at Southbank tomorrow evening:

6:30PM Cinema 5
    6:45PM Cinema 3
    9:20PM Cinema 5
    9:30PM Cinema 3

Obviously we'd prefer Cinema 5, and I suspect people who've got to work on Friday would prefer the 6:30 session (the film goes for two hours and twenty minutes). However, democracy rules, so get your preferred time in by midday today, and we'll go with that.

Generally speaking, everyone for themselves when it comes to ticket buying. However if people have no way to get hold of a tciekt in advance and you're worried about missing out I can be persuaded to purchase tickets online for people.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Like I said, I already have a ticket to the 6:30, so that's where I'm going to be.

13. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Yes, because we all know that a democracy (among us) has worked "great" in the past :p

Truth be told I can't really afford to go to another session. So I bought my ticket. If you lot come to the same session, great, if you don't it isn't going to ruin my enjoyment of the movie.

14. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    If I'm there, I'm there. Don't wait up for me kids. Fact is I may have prior plans that involve hookers, booze and blackjack.

15. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Tonight isn't as practical for me as I'd hoped. I'll probably catch it early next week. Enjoy the fillem.

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    True Loz, but any chance I get to blame democracy for whatever reason is a good thing :p

Sorry BBN, I must have skipped past your post in my speed through last night. I'm going for the 6:30 as well. See you there.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I've got my ticket. Are we going to meet up somewhere before hand?

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  19. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Hogan Knows Best!

8-}RANDOMMM!!!8-}

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Regarding The Incredible Hulk trailer; watching that with Kim in front of Iron Man, we got into a debate about who is hotter, Liv Tyler (the Betty Ross in this film) or Jennifer Connelly (the Betty Ross from the original Hulk film).

Now while we both agreed that Ms. Connelly is indeed the hotter of the two, we couldn't on the face of it determine why. So we figured that a study should be commissioned to scientifically work out why this would be the case, or to debunk the theory and prove why the inverse is true.

Someone should get on that immediately :p

In other news, Here's the official version of the new The Dark Knight trailer.

Spot the fraking spoilers if you can!

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Gee... I dunno something to do with Harvey Dent? I mean, Chris Nolan has been talking about a trilogy hasn't he?

Either way... I can't frackin' wait.

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I actually like the new Hulk trailer a lot more than I did the first one. It gets me a lot more interested in the movie. That said, the last 40 seconds of Iron Man was technically a better trailer by the "gets me crazy-excited for the next Marvel comic book film" definition...

The only other effect the new trailer had was to get me to jaunt down to JB and pick up Ang Lee's Hulk film on DVD. 10 bucks, not bad at all.

I'm downloading the Dark Knight trailer as we speak...

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Let me know if you want to sit down sometime this week and watch Hulk BBN, as I'd like to see this again. If not, culd I borrow it off you sometime soon?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  25. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Only air comes out when... never mind. This looks profoundly awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.