main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Update: sith chick!! ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Duke-Dogwalker, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Cheers Lil. :)

I know what you mean about Corran?s hair ? but then I always envisioned him as a blonde, even though I know he?s not!

When he debuted in the rogue squadron comic, he had what looked like jet-black hair, and then years down the line in Union, it was a lighter brown. So I just went with kind of a neutral brown! (I?m sure corran?s been at the hair-dye over the years anyhow!)

I wonder, did anyone click on his big picture once it appeared? Do this to get the James Bond tribute!

And thankyou TheBB! BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB?.. what is it with B?s then?

impressive that you start from scratch with the wacom tablet. I do all my initial sketching with the wacom, but then i usually print that out and do a cleaned up drawing from it.

I would probably do things like that ? a friend built me a custom lightbox for that very task?. Now all I need is a working printer! Apart from that I keep telling myself that I need to get back into using a pencil from time to time ? I think I?ve forgotten how!

I have a mate who?s recently started using a mac a lot, he?s a furniture designer. Apparently now when he goes back to drawing on paper, he does this funny little finger and thumb movement whenever he draws something he?s not pleased with ? he?s trying to hit ?command Z? on the keyboard!!! [face_laugh] No undo?s in real life though?..

I get the graininess by just adding noise in photoshop, really simple. And yeah, it gets away from that ultra smooth digital look, which is why I do it! But then the one I think you like, the jaina built into the navigation, I left because the noise just detracted from it.

Also, a smallish airbrush, pressure sensitive and set to 10%, looks very similar to a hard pencil. A friend, a purist, always reckoned he could tell a digitally produced sketch as opposed to that which had been scanned in. I did a test, threw in something I did in felt-tip as well, and he was completely baffled!

Anyway that?s enough rattling on for now ? I could ask you where I can find some of your work TBB, but I could always try looking for myself!

DD.

2. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    <<And thankyou TheBB! BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB?.. what is it with B?s then?>>
    Well, you know, the Letter B is inherently the funniest letter. ;) At least so says Charles Schulz, and I'm inclined to believe him. hee hee...

<<he does this funny little finger and thumb movement whenever he draws something he?s not pleased with>>
    I've honestly done that when I've been painting - put down a stroke I'm not happy with, and my mind automatically thinks - Undo. Then I get annoyed that I can't. :D I don't paint anymore - at least not if I can help it! ;)

Thanks for explaining your graininess. One thing that I've been doing, which i like the effect, is I scanned a piece of paper which I splattered ink all over it. I overlay that on my image, and it gives a nice texture. I make another copy of it, turn the speckles white, and put that on soft light.
    here's a good example of that: rosie (sorry, it's not Star Wars)

Congrats on tricking your friend! That's my goal as well. I can still tell it's digital, but so far, i seem to have fooled several people. :D

<<I could ask you where I can find some of your work TBB, but I could always try looking for myself!>>
    My stuff is all over the place. I've never gotten around to making a site. Most of it is buried in the Art Challenge. There are some archive links in the first post of that thread. I have a Baroness Art thread somewhere, but I don't think I've posted to it since june or so. I've been kinda busy lately.
    But to save you the agony, and cause I'm avoiding the little project I should be working on ;) - here are a couple links to some of my favorites:
    disco star wars
    if i were in bearclan
    Young Palpatine
    you can kind of see the progression - starting to experiment more with the photoshop brushes - these were all done over the summer. But that Rosie pic above is probably the best example of what i've been doing lately.

Ok, guess I should really get back to work now.
    Toodles!
    ~Baroness

3. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    wow!!! Starwars disco.... Dig it!!

I absolutely love that!

Hey, anyone passing through here, click on that link above - it's, uh, really groovy! (my 70's vernacular's not what it could be...)

Shame Han's such a spoilsport though, I always had him down as a disco dancing dude... The way he poses with that blaster - can't you see it? It screams disco to me....

Anyway, I'm afraid he's not disco, but he is smokin' hot..... All you ladies out there, I hope you're ready for this.....

'Cause coming soon to dukedogwalker.com, it's the galaxy's one and only mr. sex.......

It's...... the Ganner.

(all sponsorship and endorsement requests to his agent please, not to us.)

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/gan.jpg]

(ps. btw TBB, loved Rosie too, I just got carried away by the disco stuff?. Blame it on the boogy.)

4. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    new stuff...

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow, great stuff! Especially the Ganner! :D You just proved why he's at the top of my "Star Wars Characters I'd want to Date" list. ;)

Jae Angel

6. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Oh Narundi, don't tell me that you're swayed by nothing more than a muscular frame and chisled features?

Corran wouldn't be pleased with your attitude... Don't you know that it's shortness and personality that counts? ;)

Still, Corran's got all the girls... he can't complain really.

Glad you liked the pix!

7. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Ganner looks damn good - not exactly how I pictured him...but looks damn good. My favorite of all your illos.

Keep up the great work! (And let's see some Shada and Karrde!)

-Mazz

Oh yeah, Shada is supposed to be one of the "twins" in the cantina in "A New Hope." She's been depicted with blue skin in one of the comics, but since I figure that was simply some kind of makeup/coverup for Mazzic, it shouldn't count. I've always pictured her as exotic looking - with high cheek bones, dark haired, and very sexy (but can still kick anyone's butt).

8. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Cheers Mazz. :)

Glad the Ganner is well appreciated - I'm sure he'd be proud! And okay, Karrde and Shada to come next - fr'sure. She may look a little like my Viqi Shesh, but less regal and arrogant. More sly and exotic.

But first I'm gonna put the colour into my next scene - one I imagine Jaina/Jag fans will appreciate, well, from a distance at least!

layout:

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/xwing.jpg]

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorry. Juts saw the lord of the rings trailer on tv... am excited.

9. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Okay, that's the last scene with jaina - she's starting to take over my website! (my fault for making her part of the nav i suppose...)

Karrde and Shada up next...

10. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm very picky about the type of men I think are cute. They have to have just the right amount of muscle and no more. You really nailed it with the drawing of Ganner. What can I say? :)

Oh, and I'd dwarve Corran! :D :p And I'm 5'2" ;)

Jae Angel

11. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    hee hee - i hadn't noticed the animation on your splash screen before. pretty funny!

that scene of the x-wing in the hanger is Amazing! Just fantastic. I can't draw mechanical things worth beans, so I can truly appreciate when someone does it right. Really nice!

oh, btw, glad you liked the Disco dudes! they were fun to draw. :D

~Baronesssssss

ps - lookin' forward to Karrde!

12. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    I'm very picky about the type of men I think are cute. They have to have just the right amount of muscle and no more.

Good taste Narundi! I'm sure if i was gay, or a woman (straight, naturally) I'd prefer guys to look like that. I was quite wary of putting too much muscle on ganner - i didn't want him to end up looking like a brute!

And don't get too cocky about your 5 feet and 2 inches - Corran can't be all that far behind you... He could be even as tall as 4'9" or someting. :D

Cheers BB!

I had wondered whether anyone had waited around long enough to see the anim!

I was relieved that the x-wing turned out as well as it did - I'd never tried painting a starship before, so i wasn't sure quite how it would turn out.

And yeah the disco stuff is great - I can't believe you don't have your own thread with all your work on it... but you're welcome to have space on mine anyway! So as i said before, anyone reading this - scroll up and click on the disco link to check it out...

DD.

ps. I was just scanning through the 'challenge' section to find a deadline for the seasons greetings thingy - I found it eventually... 'end of year'. I must be stupid as well as blind! Still time to submit something then.....

13. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Duke-Dogwalker

i was wondering if you take requests. youre a great artist and yeah... just curious.

Amithyst Sey Blade

14. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    wow, that's very nice of you to say!

um, depends if it's fun to draw i suppose. :D

I've got a few things on my plate right now, but if you had someting in mind, i'll do it if i get some time... and only if it's fun to draw of course! For instance, I'm not drawing a rock. Rocks are all good and well, but I'm not drawing them. no rocks. In fact I'm not even sure if i'd want to draw a tree....

15. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    what about vegetables? how do you feel about vegies? a nice carrot? or perhaps a lovely turnip?

just kiddin'... besides, they probably don't exist in the Star Wars universe anyway. Hey - just thought of a great request -

A Big Vat of Blue Milk!

:D

Baroness,
    who also does not care to draw rocks, nor even vegetables if she can help it. ;)

16. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    lol! you two are funny!

no i don't need a rock or turnip. I was thinking more along the lines of Jaina and Kyp art.

I haven't thought of a specific scene yet, give me a few minutes, but before I start thinking, would that be fun for u?

17. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    LOL!

a duck perhaps? They have ducks I'm told...

"Could you, would you, draw a duck?

Could you, would you, in a truck?

I could not, would not draw a duck....."

Sorry, anyone who never read Green Eggs and Ham when they were a kid, please ignore me completely.

okay - here's the milk then:

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/milk.jpg]

18. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    sorry Ami - messing about uploading that silly vat of blue milk - i missed your post...

I already did one... vat if milk? I was abvout to type vat of milk.... whoops, i did anyway.

I'll start again - I already did one... (came very close that time, but I will not be distracted) Kyp and Jaina - but I'll do another... on one condition! I'm shortly gonna post a short story in the fanfic section - I'll draw your pic if you promise to read my fic!

can't say fairer than that...

I'm better at drawing than writing, but i do try!

So what do you say? deal?

19. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    lol cute, but it looks like a glass of water :p

EDIT: yes, i did see your other J/K works on your site along with the rest of your art. They were really good, so that's y i'm asking you to draw another...

and OF COURSE I will read your fic! That's another think I do in my spare time is read SW FF. BTW, what's it about and who are the main characters?

20. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    that, sir, is the finest tub of blue milk I ever did lay mine eyes upon.

you do justice to the word - artiste.

:D

lol. great DD! But I think to make Amithyst_Blade happy, it'd have to have Kyp and Jaina swimming in the big ol' vat of blue milk. ;)

~Bar

21. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    well Baronness... I wouldn't pose to go that far. lol

22. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Alright, that one's scratched off the list - no milk bathing on this thread!

lol cute, but it looks like a glass of water

hey listen I put all of 30 hardworking seconds into that milk - ooh, i can see your gonna be tough to please.....

my story's about Kyp, so you might like it...
    I'll PM you when i post it. In the meantime, let me know what your idea is.

Oh and one more critisism about my milk pic, and i'll be a proper 'artiste', just like theBB says i am, and go off and sulk. ;)

23. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    YES! A KYP STORY!!!

as far as critism, lol ok :shuts mouth: *mumbles what J/K art she would like drawn*

24. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    Mwhahahhahahhaha! too fast for you old one?

ok lemme think about the J/K piece...

how bout Jaina in that stunning red dress in Dark Journey and when Kyp sees her... maybe possibly dancing. Background so you can see others dancing, or even better having Jag somewhere off seeing them dancing hehe...

yes i'm sappier than a pine tree.

25. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    okay, I've gotta do some pencil figure work over the next few days - then there's something i've said i'd do for someone else, and then i'll most likely do yours, and of course my Kardde/Shadda, round about the same time.

so mumble any time!

hmm, you are too fast, you mumbled already - good thing i refreshed that page B4 posting!

DJ scene is fine by me - i've yet to draw a SW girl looking gorgeous (well, i kinda liked viqi) but something to catch up with the Ganner would be good - red dress it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.