main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Updates from Don

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks guys for your continued thoughts and prayers. I will be seeing her tomorrow and I will post when I get back.

ROB; A party sounds pretty good to me. I will let you know when she can have one.

You can go and see her after we get her to a private room. I will let you know about that too.

2. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Updates from 8/19:

Renee and I saw Lu on Saturday morning. She was MUCH more alert and knew who we were. This is a good thing. The Dr. is optimistic now and is thinking about moving her out of ICU soon. I will post when this is done. Her recovery enough for her to have her third surgery to rebuild her stomach will take some time, possibly as much as 3 months. During this time she will need all the support she can get. She needs visitors as much as possible now, to increase her awareness and stimulate her mind. If you can go and see her, please do so. I will PM her cell phone number to anyone who wants to call her as soon as she gets in her own room.

Pax Vobiscum

3. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Do you have directions and room number info?

4. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Update from 8/22:

Bad news! Lu is getting feverish again. They have her back on antibiotics and are doing everything to find out where the infection is. More on this as I get it.

The Dr. says she can still get visitors and is encouraging it. It will make her feel better emotionally which could aid her recovery.

Scrips Mercy Hospital in San Diego Directions:

Take the 5 FWY south, continue south when it splits with the 805 FWY. Take the 8 FWY [east? left, not right towards the beach] this goes by Hotel Circle. Take the 163 Fwy toward downtown. Take the Washington Street exit. Take a right on 5th Street. This runs directly into the hospital before it bends to the left. Continue straight past the hosptial and park in the parking structure where the street makes a 'T'. If you need more directions PM me. She is in the 10th floor ICU under Luvenia Bailey-Trim.

5. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Update from 8/24:

Lu's fever has broken. She is alert and talkative. This is great news. They are still checking to see why she had a fever to begin with, but at least she is no longer in trouble.

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    That's great news Don. We'll keep praying for her.

7. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Barry. Oh...on a non-related issue, we would love to have you come to saber class sometimes.

8. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    im also glad shes doing better don !

9. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Updates from 8/27:

Lu is completely awake now and lucid. They will probably move her out of ICU if she does not develop any more fevers. If anyone wants to go and see her, she is allowed visitors in ICU. I will post more updates as they occur.

10. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Updates from 8/28:

I spoke to Lu's Dr. last night. She should be out of ICU as early as Tuesday. HOO-RAY!!!

She is much better and she said to thank all of your for your thoughts and prayers.

11. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
  12. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I'm so glad to hear that. :)

13. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Updates from 8/29:

Lu is out of ICU!

She is in room 730 and can have visitors and phone calls. If you want you can call her at 619 686-3730. Don't talk with her too long as she is still pretty tired from the whole thing. I will bring her cell phone to her this weekend, so you can call her without LD charges after that.

She may be coming home soon to recover and get ready for her final surgery. The Dr. hasn't let me know yet what he thinks would be best for her.

More updates as I get them.

14. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    As always thank you for the updates

15. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    i am extremely happy to hear this!!!! im going to call her when i get the chance!

16. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Update from 8/5:

Lu is being transfered to Harbor City Kaiser. This will be done sometime today. I will post room number and more information as soon as I get it.

17. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Awesome news dude.

18. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Ok. The move is done. She is in room 3032 at Harbor City Kaiser. You can call her on the cell phone number above if you like.

She wanted me to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

I thank you too!

Pax Vobiscum

19. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    So can Vader go visit her?[face_dancing]

20. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Actually, that might be a good idea. Perhaps others could could go in uniform as well. Any other volunteers? I am certain she would appreciate a visit from C3PO was well.

21. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    i think i could do that let me know what weekend you guys want to go down

22. S_C_A-lexander

S_C_A-lexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    Congrats, and wishes for a speedy recovery!

23. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Rion;

She is in Harbor City. That's near Wilmington. 110 Fwy south and exit at PCH. That's fairly close to you. Possibly next weekend might be good if she has not come home by then. I would have to ask permission from the hospital, but I think that they would allow it.

24. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I'm game, just let me know when!

25. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    yea i really want to go see her if we can group it that would be better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.