main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Updates - Important - Read

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Here is some updates from our recent discussions. What I stated here can, in a way, be seen as a mission statement for this forum and the Rebellion from here on. Its not only what I think is right but what I and others believe is crucial for us to move on as we should. Please read now or save it and read it as soon as possible. I apologize for its length but every word of this is necessary for everyone to read and understand.

Over the weekend Jedi Agent (Ryan), HothGirl (Katie) and myself have been discussing recent events and what has happened over several months with the Fan Force Forum and the club the Rebellion. On Sunday we continued this discussion with another member Steve. We have come to the conclusion that the forum and club need to get back to basics and concentrate on why we are on why we have come together. That is Fans in the Rochester area communicating with each other openly and appropriately on this Fan Force Forum and sharing our Star Wars interests with others as a Fan Force Forum and local fan club. We have to remember that participants of Fan Force are not necessarily participants of the club the Rebellion. Also it has been discussed that Rebellion meetings from this point on will concentrate on being more Star Wars oriented and more comfortable to allow for all participants to communicate more openly.
    All fans will be encouraged to share all their thoughts, feelings, and interests related to all things Star Wars in an appropriate and respectable manor. Star Wars will remain the main focus of all we do but other similar topics and activities may be brought to the group on the Forum and to out side activities depending on interests. Meetings at this time will occur once a month at a neutral environment and there may be other more casual monthly activities, depending on members interests. Major Fan events, such as Picnics and Parade Marching, coordinated by the Rebellion will be limited so that more time and emphasis may be directed to simpler Star Wars activities and short term goals. In other words, we are going to try and have more fun now and not later. All members will be encouraged to attend and be involved with other city Fan Force events that we are invited to.
    This Forum and club, the Rebellion, will remain open to all Rochester area fans regardless of their interests or level of enthusiasm. Participation will only be limited by each individuals enthusiasm and availability. There will not be any mandatory attendance policies. All members will be respected as equals by everyone. All that we have to offer will be available to all fans that wish to attend and participate in anything that we do. Participation on the Forum and Rebellion Events will be open to all Fan Force members that wish to do so as well.
    More information about these issues and activities will be discussed in replies and other posted announcements. Please feel free to reply with all of your thoughts, ideas and concerns openly as well as anything else you would like to discuss on this Board.

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I will be starting some Official Category type Threads this Friday or Weekend to organize and promote posting a little. Should I make them Sticky Posts on top so they are always visible and do not get lost? Or are those only for important announcements? Any Suggestions for Categories besides these?

Any and all Suggestions

Original Trilogy

Prequel Trilogy No Spoilers

Star Wars Books/Comics

General Entertainment

Star Wars Collecting

Props and Costuming

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    The threads I started are going to be started over as sticky ones just so everyone knows what's up. Do you guys think its to many? I think it will be a lot more organized this way.

4. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I think it's a great way to keep stuff organized, but I dunno if they all should be sticky. Maybe just making the Announcements Thread and the Suggestions thread sticky would be a better option. That's just my suggestion.

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    so, which ones shall I make sticky then?
    That sounds like alot of sticky threads too but I can put up whatever everyone decides.........

6. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I think we should only make a few of them sticky too...definitely the announcement one and it wouldn't hurt to make the suggestions thread sticky. Not sure what else...

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    We are going to try this and see how it works out. Instead of 2 "formal" meetings a month, we are going to try and do one meeting and one less formal activity every two weeks or so. So for example we meet at Spot Coffee and discuss parade details, discuss costumes and chat Star Wars stuff, two weeks after that or whenever we could catch a movie, meet at a restaurant, or just hang out somewhere and watch what ever. Activities could be anything that we decide upon or what someone suggests. Also the alternate activity could be at a more convenient time for those that cannot make it to a regular meeting during the day. Maybe we could do a regular movie night each month. Its up to you guys. Just go and suggest it in the Suggestion thread and see what happens. For now we have to think about March. I will make a poll for our next meeting date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.