main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Using Boujou Camera Track in After Effects?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by CBB, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBB

CBB Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2005
    Hi folks,

I couldn't find a tutorial about using boujou camera track in After Effects' 3D space. Does anyone know boujou's export preferences after tracking the sequence and how can we export and use it in AE? Thanks a lot!..

2. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    I don't know 2 much about Boujou, but there's a free camera tracking program called Icarus that works really well. And peerlessproductions has a tutorial to get that data into After Effects.

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well Boujou is a much better program than Icarus--they use Boujou in many proffessional movie productions, so it would be better to use Boujou than Icarus. But unforunately I don't know hardly anything about how to use Boujou but I bet there's some forum that you could search through that can help, maybe cgtalk has a forum dedicated to boujou that has that question answered already.

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Yeah I know they used Boujou for I, Robot, but Icarus is free and good enough.
    I think I'm one of the last people to still host a free version of it. It's hard to find I hear.
    Here it is
    icarus-2.07-full.exe

You'll have to ask around for tutorials cuz I have yet to use it.

~Rory

5. mattio

mattio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    I found a tutorial on the net somewhere and ill hook you up. All you do is export it as a maya file, .ma . You can the Import the Maya file into after effects and it will set the composition for you. easy. add me to msn if you need any further help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.