main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vader say so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in jedi its a NOOOOOOOOOOO for us

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DarthArsenal6, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

Apperently so Lucas has decided to twinker Sta Wars once again by adding Nooo in a scene in RotJ where Lukes gets electricuted by te Emperor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THe Artical:

[color=blue][u][b][b]Darth Vader will lose a little more of his dignity in Star Wars original trilogy Blu-rays. Listen for yourself![/b][/b][/u][/color]

George Lucas is not satisfied with turning the puppet Yoda in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace into a CG creation. Or just fixing some of the wonky lightsabre effects in the original trilogy. He's going a bit further.

Lucas had promised that fans would have a few new details here and there to notice in his newly remastered HD versions of his classic trilogy ? and now the first details are leaking out. And fans are not happy. Some of the fans have gotten hold of the Blu-ray footage, and they're dissecting it at TheForce.net, the Blu-Ray.com forums and the DVDTalk forums. And a couple of changes to the soundtrack have already become apparent, at least if some recent leaks are to be believed.

UPDATE: Badass Digest says "a trusted source" confirms that these changes are real.

Most notably, "Vader now screams NOOOOOOOO when he throws the Emperor" in Return of the Jedi. And it sounds, quite frankly, kind of silly. Check out an mp3 of the new sound effect.

Update: One intrepid fan has synced this audio with the original video:

Second of all, when Obi-Wan scares off the Tusken Raiders from an unconscious Luke, we no longer hear Obi-Wan's famous "Krayyt Dragon" call, but instead it just sort of sounds like Walrus Man barfing. Check out an mp3 of the new version.

Update: Another intrepid fan has synced the leaked audio with the picture from a previous DVD release, via Slashfilm:

And then there's the new more realistic, blinking eyes on the Ewoks ? see the clip at left featuring Wicket W. Warrick, which was sent to us by the same tipster who sent us the audio files of the new sound effects.

The fans are debating whether these leaks are real, with forum user JonYo writing:

Please, everyone remember that no matter how "reliable" certain sources are, the official release of the Blu Ray set is still a couple of weeks away, and until the final commercial release is in the hands of the public, anything leaked is suspect - including promotional material from Lucas. It's quite possible that we, the teeming masses of netnerds, are being messed with in regards to some of the "newly leaked" footage. The Ewok eyes, the crappy sabers, the various awkward screams...we're a highly excitable bunch right about now, and someone could very easily be having a laugh. Not saying this is the case, but it's quite possible.

Although user Gundark31 points out:

The leak came from China so the chances of this being legit is high.

In any case, with the new audio synced with the original video, it does seem to fit pretty well, and some fans even say they're okay with it once they see it in context.
    hoax or real? And is this new tinkering a huge deal-breaker, or just one more head-scratching Lucas decision? [Thanks Jon!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://io9.com/5835951/darth-vader-will-lose-a-little-more-of-his-dignity-in-star-wars-original-trilogy-blu+rays-listen-for-yourself

ANd if ya bored he's something you can do to add instead of the Noooooooooooo

I've suggested some myself:

"Red Bull gives you wings!"

MALFUNCTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

This is CNN

this is what happens if you don't follow the Green Cross Code!

Can you smell what the Annie's cooking?"

I'm pretending you're George Lucaaaaaaaaaaaaas!"

The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master

we have to leave the coalition if we're going to hold on to some seats at the next election

enjoy

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm fine with special effects tweaks like the lightsabers or making Ewoks blink, that adds to the realism and longevity of the films. But adding a pointless cry for Vader and altering the Obi Wan Krayt call? That screams of Lucas making tweaks for the sake of it and it's stupid. It would've been far better to put in some kind of flashback for Vader during the ROTJ scene where Luke gets zapped, so we see Vader finally realise that his whole life the one man he should've been blaming was Palpatine. That would be far more effective than some stupid "Nooooo!" to rival the dodgy one they have in ROTS.

3. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    I agree with you totally Sith, they should have put imagies that you suggested rather than that fake "no" it feels so unrealistic and what was wrong with the orginal blood-scare that Obiwan did in A New Hope against those Sand people ?

Well one things has been confirmed

George Lucas is not a great Director as previous believed.
    His success should have been payed towards Gary Kutz, the secret ingredients that would have made the Prequels the best thing the world has ever seen.

Take a look of these other films that had both of them working together

THX-1138
    AMerican Graffiti
    A new Hope
    Empire Strikes Back

all great films that couldn't be accomplished without the work of both of them.

ALso Gary isn't doing too well in movie industry aswell, most of his films are not well known. I reall hope that these two film makers team up....but it seem very unlikely.

4. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Speaking of the Blu Rays, at least it looks like the UK Blu Ray edition of AOTC will be uncut.

BBFC website says previous cuts (Jango's headbutt) have been waived (after "Remarks" heading):

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/GVF172768/

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    About time, that was such a stupid thing to cut out. The series is full of dismemberment that is allowed here yet the BBFC refuse to show a headbutt?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.