main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vintage TIE Fighter Question Help Me Out Guys

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Nova, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    I tried posting this in the Collecting Forum, but they are all too busy crying about how they dont have Dooku, complaing about how much they "need" a new Jabba, and just being big cry babies in general to answer this. Maybe you guys can help out!?

Was the white TIE Fighter only made in 1977? Or could you get a white TIE Fighter all the way through 83?

I belevie that the Battle Damaged TIE Fighter was from ROTJ?

Is there a "normal" grey TIE, meaning no battle damage?

I have been checking e-Bay the past month or so and the prices vary wildly. Looks like a nice white TIE goes for around $35, which seems OK to me....

I was watching a TIE Interceptor that still had its box, but was opened and all the stickers were applied go for over $100, but at the same time there was a sealed TIE Interceptor that sold for around $60?!?! What was THAT person thinking? e-Bay is a crazy place.....

Just wondering. I still want to get the vintage TIEs, its just gonna take longer than I thought!

Thanks!

2. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    sorry -- i dont know about vintage stuff.

one question--"they need a new jabba"--so, there is a new one, or they just want one---cause of all his work in E2---? im confudeded.

3. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    They all feel its a grave injustice that there isnt a ROTJ style Jabba. Just the ANH version that came with Han a few years back.

4. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    well, now that you mention it.....

:_| :_| :_|

j/k--i used the jabba glob for my rotj diorama-- i think it fits well.

5. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Anger, fear, crying over SW figures, the Dark Side of the Force are they...

6. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Damn, I got out bid on the TIE, maybe I am destined to never own one.....

7. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Goin for a vintage Darth Vader TIE now.....

Maybe just maybe.....

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    My vintage Tie is beat all to heck. I rigged some kite string between the two wing panels, through the cockpit body when I was a kid, just to hold the wings on. Never had a Darth Tie though. Are you looking for "in-box" or out?

9. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Out of the box in good shape.

I was gonna try to get ones loose with boxes, but I think loose will do...

10. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i might be able to help narrow it down . i have one with battle damage . i think it was from rotj . its markings are LUCASFILM LTD , MADE BY KENNER , 1978 .

i also have one that , the solar pannels are made out of plastic not stickers . the seat doesnt lift out , and no electronics . also it has no markings on it , like lucasfilm or year . BOOTLEG ??? i hope .

my vader one is cool but i crashed it alot when i was a kid . GENERAL MILLS FUN GROUP INC 1978

11. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    I belive that what you need to know is this, I remeber only white tie fighters until ESB thats when I remeber getting a blue one, I was a very spoiled kid.

12. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Haven come across a blue one without battle damage....

I will keep a look out

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm putting together a Tie pilot costume :)

14. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    TIE Fighet Pilots ROCK!!!!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    DO you know where I can get a helmet?

16. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    I dont have a costume now, but I would really like an AT-AT Driver suit & helmet. I think the helmet just seems like a tie pilot helmet in white with a red symbol. The suit...... well, I know there are shoulder pad thingies. Other than that- I think its similar to a tie pilot. Im not sure where to begin on a costume like that. Any costume really. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to get & where to get it ? Maybe some help putting it together too?

17. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    How many costumes are you making JGoC???

18. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    I am pretty sure that Don Post made TIE Fighter helmets. I remember seeing them at TRU and Target stores for some strange reason. I will check e-Bay.

Heres the one and only one on e-Bay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1544800194

Its at 20 bucks, which is not bad at all in my book. I paid like 40 or 50 for my Vader helmet (8 years ago) and its a Don Post version

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Those TIE helmets usually rack up to over $100 by the end of the auction, at least all of the ones that I've ever seen. I got my Don Post Vader last week for $50 bones. I was pleased.

Go Sith!

20. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Really SS? I remember seeing them in stores for around $30 is I remember. I will have to keep an eye on that one to see what it ends at.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, I remember back in the day too, when I would stroll by the racks of Don Post wares and snicker, "Who would pay $30 bucks for that?"

(whistles to self, backs slowly out of room)

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The TIE Fighter pilot helmet that I was watching on eBay went for $71. A Vader went for $102.50, Three Boba Fetts for $66 & $75 & $76, a fourth Fett is at $81 with 2 days to go, a Stormtrooper went for $76.26. I'm watching two other Stormtroopers that are at $31 & $36 right now. What a crazy world we live in.

23. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    WOW!!!!

Thats nuts, why didnt they just get them when they were $30!!!

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Coulda woulda shoulda...

25. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    if anyone spots a tie helmet for less then 70 let me know. Im set on an Imperial Walker Pilot/Driver (which is correct?) for my costume & beyond the helmet-its lookin pretty simple. I may wait to get one of the new 70 dollar helmets after a year or so if the price goes down. then i just need shoulder pads & a chestplate. Im gonna check the 501st site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.