main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Virtual Sequel discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_FarDawg, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALAbastadf

ALAbastadf Jedi Master

Jan 9, 2005
    Hmm, an interesting story.
    Old perhaps, yet quite good....
    I don't doubt that it would make an excellent book, if not only a follow-up after the NJO.

2. Peeimp_Jooce

Peeimp_Jooce Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2005
    how far are you guys along with the next episode?

is it still a priority to finish the trilogy?

do u plan to have it released by EPIII?

are you looking for more help?

just a few Q's

3. Jedime

Jedime Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2002
    We'll be finishing the trilogy, though we haven't determined when yet. We won't have Episode 8 out before Episode 3, and in fact we're discussing whether or not we want to do anything major until Ep3 is out, since it may affect our trilogy. Also Mar17SWGirl, our art dept head, has exams till the 20th, though we should have a website update ready soon after her return.

I wish I could report more, but things are at a bit of a snail's pace for now.

On a different note, I've decided to go to Celebration III. Anyone else here planning on attending?

4. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Bumpeth the thread.

So... this novelisation written yet?

5. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    It's a little off topic I guess (of course, one must have a discussion to be off topic... :)) but for anyone who's interested, my pictures from Celebration 3 are online:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jcubedbooks/detail?.dir=/6ddb&.dnm=81f9.jpg

I'll be typing up a review at my custom figure site at some point probably next week

6. LordBishop

LordBishop Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    So now that EP III has been released what is the status of the Virtual Sequels?

I just finished EP VII the other night and I am curious about how things will continue.

7. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    We're currently rounding our story members back up, and will be looking for two, possibly three more artists and maybe a webmaster as well.

Episode III certianly brought some interesting things to the table, and we even saw a few bits that tie perfectly into some surprises we already had planned (and one sequence in particular we may have to remove since it wound up being in the movie! :))

8. Gillespee

Gillespee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 1999
    I'm confused again. I thought we didn't have any plan yet. Last I heard nothing was concrete until after ROTS.

Oh, wait, Jedime's got his plan. I forgot.

9. monkeyman1988

monkeyman1988 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I was reading Episode 7 the other day and i noticed that a few pages were missing.... chances are it is my system... i even redownloaded the pdf file... and reinstalled adobe photoshop... and still they arent showin up... so would someone please email me them.....

IT IS PAGE 56, 57 & 58

my email is.... monkey_man3221988@yahoo.com

10. I_Bent_My_Wookie

I_Bent_My_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I finally read it today. Thought it was interesting.

I can't wait to know more in episode VIII

11. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    I sent you both versions of the pdf file for Ep7 - with and without pics. Hope it works for you.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Now that Ep3 is out, we're all sitting around in the story thread going "BUT I WANT MY PLOT BUNNY BACK!" and eating kettle corn. Not really, but that would be funny.

13. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    Too bad though, I do like kettle corn...

And if anyone is interested, my review of Ep3 is up at my custom site, as well as on my MySpace blog.

14. I_Bent_My_Wookie

I_Bent_My_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Do you (people in charge) accept idea/suggestions from anyone who posts them? because I'd be happy to be an idea man as ideas come.

15. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Where can I find VS1? I tried searching for it in the VS section, but I didn't see it listed under any date. According to this forum, it was released in Dec 03, but there are no news pieces for Dec 03.

16. Alhon

Alhon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, It's sad to see that theere is so little discussion about this great work of Fan Fiction... I'd be willing to help, but I may not be able to contribute much.

17. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    We're currently reassembling ourselves, and so we might need some more help. Most likely in the art area, and we also might need a webmaster.

Which brings me to the VS 1.0 question. If I remember correctly we covered it in a past news update, though unfortunatly at the moment I couldn't tell you where to find it. It's possible that it was lost during the tf.n site redesign (I know we lost a bunch of art that way) but once we're a bit more stablized I'll be able to answer your question better.

18. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    It's been quiet here, so here's a quick VS update:

Still looking for a webmaster, so if anyone is interested please PM me. We're also looking for three artists for Episode 8. This time around we're taking one for Characters/Costumes, one for Ships/Vehicles/Weapons, and one for Landscapes/Architecture. Following that, look for an announcement about the art of Episode 7.

In story news, the master treatment is currently being written, and Act 1 is nearing completion. As with Episode 7, all of our Story Team members (four of them this time around) wrote a treatment of what they'd like to see for Episode 8, and now their visions are being woven together into a single story.

19. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I have an idea. I think at some point during the sequel trilogy it should be revealed that, before he turned to the Dark Side, Anakin Skywalker recorded some vital piece of information in R2's memory banks. Information that R2 has safely guarded for over 50 years and that would be of great value to both the Jedi and the Sith. I also think that 3PO should have his PT-era memory restored eventually, so that he can reclaim his role as storyteller of the whole saga. This would give the droids a much more important role than they have in most of the other films.
    As for what information R2's carrying that is so important to the goodies and baddies . . . well, that would be telling ;)

20. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    It's been a long long time (in a galaxy.. I'm not going to say it) but the treatment for Episode VIII has been finally been completed. We'll soon be ramping up, starting on the screenplay, getting an art team together and posting updates on our website once more.

If anyone is interested in joined the team as an artist or webmaster, feel free to PM me.

21. Raveron

Raveron Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2006
    So this is still in the works. Good. I thought it was dropped a couple years ago. I cannot download the trailer. The sequels@tfn (not exact e-mail) e-mail doesn't work. It just bounces back an error code e-mail.

22. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    tf.n went through thier redesign while we were on hiatus, and we've also been without an official webmaster for some time now, but now that I'm done with the treatment and the rest of the group can start on the screenplay, I'll have time to get our website going again (and even post updates outside of this thread! [face_dancing] )

23. Jedime

Oct 31, 2002
    So it seems that this thread will become the unoffical offical news spot for Episode 8. tf.n new setup is messing up our abilties to post updates on the main page. We've emaied the site staff (as we have no more people who know the ins and outs of the site on our team) and are still awaiting responce.

So the actual news is that the screenplay work is about to begin. It'll be written by myself and DarthIshtar. I've also begun gatheirng fodder for the custom figure line that will accompany the release (TBD)

As always, we're still recruiting artists for concept work. We're talking to a few people right now, but it's always the more the merrier :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.