main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Warhammer 40000(40K)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by DarthReven, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Which one gives a better look to the models? Shiny, or not shiny?

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Depends on what you're trying to do, really. I always go non-shiny, because all the stuff I paint is meant to be pretty much a flat color (Crimson Skies airplanes, etc), and the stuff that IS supposed to be shiny (guns, cockpit frames) is done in a reflective metallic paint anyway.
    Likewise, with my Necrons, they're all done in this reflective chrome, so the paint itself is shiny. However, the rust I painted over the chrome is not shiny (because rust isn't shiny :p ). If I'd done a glossy finish over it, it would defeat the purpose of the rust.

Edit-- oh yeah, for the curious, here's my Necrons.

3. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Wow, those are great! I'll be suing matt i believe. Can you sned some pics of your Air Planes?

4. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    This is the only picture I've got of the planes, actually. :(

5. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Well, compared to me,its good enough. I would say it isnt your best work, atleast compared to the Necrons however. On a similar note, is the game crimson skies any good?

6. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    The tabletop game? Never played it. :p I just like the planes (and the Crimson Skies universe itself).
    The PC and Xbox games, on the other hand, are absolute MUST PLAY games.

7. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    Anyone read Warhammer manga?

8. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
  9. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Nice! I like the ground he is standing on a lot...

10. Lonestar52

Lonestar52 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    Just started these past two weeks reading the "Fluff"(Novels) though I had DoW on deployment last year, and I picked up WA when it came out. I'm certainly looking forward for the Second expansion, which is apperently adding two new races (Two guesses which).

Read the Eisenhorn Omnibus this past week. I enjoyed the description of the Victory Parade (Numbers, composition, etc.) that really put it into perspective as to how vast the WH40Kverse is.

11. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Yeah, the Tau and the necrons are comming in for the 2nd pack. I cant wait for it

12. Lonestar52

Jun 30, 2005
    I like the Tau. Too bad they can't Melee. At all.

13. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    they're steal WAY to cheap. The Tau MOD for DoW has a normal Tau squad's fire power at 80-100 ranged. Space Marine squad(no special guns) has something liek early 20s range, and late 20s CC. They have the fire power of a commander.

And in tabletop, they are cheap as well. I was playing a Tau friend, he had some tank with a huge gun on it. Smashed all my troops before i could touch him. (keept on doing his main gun, plus seeker missiles and heat missiles on 1 turn. Couldnt survive that.......) And his stealth suit guys are assualt. He would move in, fire, than run before a squad could even touch him..........

14. Lonestar52

Jun 30, 2005
    Well...one, that's the Mod not the expansion pack.

And two, I've never actually played the Tabletop game, though I've heard the Tau are fairly easy to take down if you have assualt marines or other jump troopers.

15. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    I know, thats the MOD as i had said. Still, i was just commenting on what the communtiy had released.

Now, i am a total n00b at TT, but the Tau are still very powerful. I think my friend, a veteran cheated a bit though. We started on a pretty big map, and with only 6 inches of movement for troops, they got bombed before they could engage. I had assualt troops in deapstrike, but i failed a role to send 'em in. Next turn, when he attacked, i had horrible roles, and lost my army. Then, i had to go home, as it was late......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.