main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wasted Character Potential?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Waru.
    Abeloth.
    JAXXON!- He is a full sized talking rabbit, there is so much potential there, and it was wasted.

cdgodin likes this.
  2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Speaking of which, is there more to your Ederlathh story than the prologue and first chapter I found on the fanfic boards? Because if there is, I WANT IT!!!

Also (how could I forget) the whole of the Imperial Court.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Jar-Jar. His presence should have been amped up in Episodes II and III, and he should have become a major character in the novels. He should have been the one to turn Jacen Solo back to the light side.

Fingers crossed for Episode VII.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want more stories with Lon Shevu and Jori Lekauf.

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Waru was my first choice until I remembered the Katarn was the senior deity that has been neglected.

6. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I was always under the impression that Kyle was Waru's only Son. Except Waru sure as hell didn't send him to die.

JackG and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Barit Saiy from LOTF

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, I'm quite pleased you like it! There's a bit more, though not quite enough to constitute a second chapter quite yet. It's currently on hold indefinitely but if there is indeed interest I might well revisit it. It's not a lack of will that prevents me from continuing it -- indeed I often think about different ideas for it -- but I like to be a perfectionist when I write, and it can tend to be such a slog. I only like to go through that sort of effort if I know that I have an audience that wants it. I don't write for writing's sake.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Who's that, a cousin of Ars Veruna?

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *twitch*

Ars Dangor is His Imperial Majesty's most loyal servant, and the guy who ran the Empire day-to-day at least until the Battle of Yavin. He formed a rival faction at Court to Pestage and after the fall of the latter and after the coup of Isard, he assumed control of the legitimate apparatus of state until the Emperor's return.

He is, without a doubt, the single most important character you've never heard of.

cdgodin and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  11. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    If we can have a Mace Windu novel, why can't we have a Kyle Katarn novel? I REALLY want to see his character expanded more.

GrandMasterKatarn, Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Forces_(novellas)

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Unfortunately they're written by William Dietz :(

I've only read the first one... might have to read the other two for completionist reasons, though the first certainly didn't inspire any confidence.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The greatness of Kyle Katarn cannot be translated into words.

15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    They should do an entire comic without any dialogue.

16. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Tenel Ka. We watch her grow up as this kick-butt Dathomiri girl, but then they kill her Mother off in a pointless plotline to make Jaina important, so she is 'forced' to assume the Crown and has been shuttled in as an after-thought.

Danzo likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or a cartoon, Genndy style.

18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I disagree with any suggestion that Waru is an example of wasted character potential. His character potential is undiminished!

Or video game, Dark Forces style!

Crazy, I know.

Gorefiend and Zorrixor like this.
  19. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Solo Kids, espeically Jacen. TUF set up a great opportunity for stories where the big 3 took a major back seat and th Twins took over the adventures, but instead we got probably one of th worst retcons ever, and a Sith Jacen.

A retcon that many fans should thank themselves for. The complete turn off of the unifying force concept by fans, more than likely caused the retcon to turn Vergere a Sith and thus turn Jacen sith by consequence. Many of you had to have your light and Darkside of the force. Well you got it, and not only that you got more SITH then you could have ever asked for. Of and a Sith Jacen too.

So to those who kept calling Jacen a Sith during the NJO and before Dark Nest, your voices were heard. Congradulations!!! :)

Zeta1127, RC-1991 and SiouxFan like this.
  20. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Dooku. Not where is character ended up but..there is so much story to tell about his time with the Jedi and his training under Sidious.

Silas Allender likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Dude, maybe this is fanservice but they should totally make Katarn a JEDI KNIGHT!

Gorefiend, Zeta1127, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, but Dark Forces didn't have Kyle carefully trimming his beard on the first page.

That is what a silent comic featuring Kyle would focus on.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Only a phrik razor could trim that beard.

....oh. Oh so that's what the REAL plot of Dark Forces was. He wanted to defeat the dark troopers so he could use the sword of the Phase I types as a razor!

Zorrixor likes this.
  24. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Probably the best rant ever. Be careful what you ask for!

25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Streen. He didn't even get the dignity of being killed off, all the authors just sort of forgot the guy even existed.