main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Watchmen... Did you like it?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Benae_Quee, Mar 17, 2009.

?

Watchmen... Did you like it?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2009.
  1. Yes, I loved it!

50.0%
  2. Never Again!

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    So what did you think of Watchmen?

Having never ready the comic book, maybe I missd something, but I am not watching this movie again. I knew going into the theater that it would have lots of gore and some nudity... but, where'd the plot go? I liked the opening scene and I liked Rorshach's acting. Oh, and the soundtrack was good :) Otherwise, I would like 3 hours of my life back.

2. johnnynod

johnnynod Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    While I know it was part of what the concept was getting at...an alternative approach to the typical superhero motif...I still came away from this one with a definite sense of melancholy.

Which is to say I was REALLY struggling with coming to terms with the overall denouement of the story.

I can agree, too, that a full-on sex scene right after a satisfying act of heroism was a bit...off.

"Watchmen" co-creator Alan Moore himself had said he worried how his concept would change the way superhero stories develop.

If he's as correct as I feel he is, I'm hoping the industry comes to its senses, and we can see a return to the days of good old-fashioned superheroism.

Without running the risk of devolving to unintentionally cheesy presentation to do so, that is. After all...the 1960s "Batman" already pinnacled *that* approach. :)

I didn't enter a vote, though, because I have to be honest...I'm on the fence with this one. I can't say it was bad, but I can't say...after all was said and done...that I was completely satisfied, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.