main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive ~*~<=Way of the Ninja=>~*~

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Teegirloo, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Hyuga Nikorasu
    Hotel Room

As soon as Nikorasu heard Cho speak, he knew he had upset her... well, it was more when he saw her reaction to him speaking. Plus that she practically stormed by him without even saying a word... or acknowledging his existence, for that matter. This was just great. Nikorasu turned his head and allowed his gaze to follow Cho into the room, his hands in his pockets now. She announced she was going to bed, and then did so. Tsume looked upset, and he fled through the window. This was just wonderful. It seemed that Nikorasu had managed to piss off both team members in less than a minute.

What in the world was wrong with them? Nikorasu didn't get it. Cho.... well, ever since the failed mission, Cho seemed to have gotten far moodier, and it seemed nothing that anyone did was ever quite right for her. She always seemed to be thinking about some greater conspiracy going on. And maybe she was right. Nikorasu had to admit that the circumstances surrounding their failure were rather subject to scrutiny, but Cho took it way further than she should.

And Tsume, well, Nikorasu didn't want to get started on him. Sure, he loved the guy like a brother, but he had just been moping around about how he had messed up, letting guilt tear him to shreds. And when he wasn't thinking about how much he thought he'd screwed up, he always seemed to be off doing training far more intense than he generally did.

Nikorasu just did not get these people sometimes. And now, when a fellow member of their own village asked a straightforward question, it seemed that Nikorasu was to be punished for giving a straightforward answer. Whether they were set up or not, was it not their failed mission that seemed to be the catalyst to this situation? It's a fact. What was so wrong with sharing that? Nikorasu just sighed as he left his pent-up frustration escape. He didn't get them at all. Next time, he supposed he'd just better keep his mouth quiet or lie.

Sometime during this internal tirade, Nikorasu heard Yuudai speak. "Just so you know... I didn't come to blame anyone, I was just looking for some information." and then a bit later, "Do you believe that your mission was a set up?"

Nikorasu took a long time to answer. Partly, he was still going through the mental rant that was expressed earlier, but when that was over he carefully considered his next words. His gaze was still facing the window that Tsume had left through a moment ago. At length, he brought his eyes around to face the other boy's. They'd changed color. Interesting. The crimson eyes were a stark contrast to Nikorasu's pure white ones. For the first time, the young Hyuga wondered what it must be like to stare into his intense gaze. But such thoughts would be saved for later. When he spoke, his voice was its trademark quiet and controlled tone.

"We did nothing wrong. The situation surrounding our failed mission is somewhat suspicious. I cannot be sure, but I feel it is highly possible we were set up." He paused for a long moment, letting his gaze shift down to the floor between his feet as he considered what had happened these past few months. "However, don't dwell on such things. It's in the past, and little can be done of it now." He looked back up at the other boy. "Our focus now should be on the Exams... However, it seems I have upset my teammates greatly, and I trust you won't begrudge me not wishing to speak more tonight." He gave the boy a brief nod. "Get some sleep." He then moved back into the room and quietly shut the door.

The room was empty. The window was still open, and the chill night air had crept through, lending a certain chilly atmosphere to the boy's gloomy mood. He ran a hand up his head and untied his hair, letting it fall down over his face. He was idly amused as grains of sand fell down to the floor as he did so. He let his hand rest on his forehead as he stood there, his eyes covered. Things were a mess. Another sigh later and Nikorasu found himself collapsing down on chair and propping his feet up on a table.

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Inuzuka Tsume
    Roof top of the Hotel

Tsume let out a long breath. Relaxing under the stars in the chill desert air was actually pretty calming. It was almost cool enough out to make Tsume want his hoody.

He ran a weary hand over his forehead to remove his beanie, then again through his hair as he thought about the upcoming exams, he felt a lot of sand in his hair and got irritated by it. Tsume held his hand out in front of him and concentrated.

His hand literally sparked and he spread his fingers as a few tendrils of extremely low voltage electricity began phasing in and out of existence between his fingertips.

This time, he held his hand away from his scalp but raked through his brown hair. His hair followed his hands as it became positively charged with electrons. When he was done, he held his hand out to the side and let his chakra fall from his hand. Sand seemed to spill from his hand as the electric field ended.

Tsume sometimes wondered the real extent of the capabilities of his chakra element. He was going to surprise a few people in the Chuunin exams if he was matched up one on one. His own teammates didn?t even know his true potential or the technique he had developed in the weeks past. They would see soon enough though, he wanted to surprise them, to show them that he really has grown, and that the times he spent by himself were not in spite of them, but rather to learn how to better protect them, and the village. He had been pushing his chakra to the limit so that he could become accustomed to the strain, and later be able to go much longer in a fight and use much more without getting tired. He wasn?t at that point to a great extent as of yet. But he had been improving for sure.

Tsume looked over at Ten and pushed his beanie back on. It was getting late, and while he wasn?t tired he decided he should at least try to get some rest.

The duo made their way back down into the darkened room, being as quiet as he could. He poked his head down from the rooftop to see if they were asleep. He saw Cho laying down and Nik sitting on the chair with his feet propped up. It was at this point that Cho sat up and started talking about what she thought was going on. She did indeed have a point, but it still didn?t change anything.

"And, absolutely. They'll be quite surprised when they come up against us. And, for their sake, what you said had better not be true. We'd almost have to teach them not to smear other people's reputations."

Tsume landed silently on the sill and slid down onto the floor and wedged himself in the corner with Tenro on his stomach. He wasn?t in the mood to lay down so he elected to sleep in the corner.

?Yes? these sand Ninja will be rather? shocked.. at what we can do. But let?s get some sleep, we have a big boulder on our shoulders to get chipping at in the morning??

tag Team three, tee

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Sunagakure

When they had first gotten to the hotel room, Nukaro had sat on the bed and folded his arms, ready to hear some lame excuse of why Shiro was acting like a spoiled, loser kid who thought he was above ninja. He was wrong. Dreadfully wrong. Shiro was far from spoiled, in fact, his father hated him and treated him like crap. Now that Nukaro thought about it, he had never seen Shiro's father be nice to Shiro, on the occasions that he had seen him. He even looked kind of evil.

Speechless, Nukaro turned away from the sobbing Shiro and took off his jacket and began folding it. He pressed it on the bed when he was done, refusing to look at Shiro. Not because he was mad, but because he couldn't think of anything to say. There was so much hatred in Shiro and his family, to the point where they literally tried to kill each other. After a few seconds, he buffed up enough courage to talk, but not look, to Shiro.

"Um...hey, Shiro, sorry dude. I didn't know it was like that between you and your dad. But," He folded his arms. "But one thing I do know is that you're not bad at everything and that you're not alone in not wanting to be a ninja. I was forced into it too. I want to be an ANBU op, but that was only after my dad told me that he didn't want me to have a life making ramen like he did. He said being a ninja opens up doors for anything in life. And he was right, man."

He slid off his headband and shoes and began to pace around the room. "I would've never have met you and Alec nor would I have Mung. I mean, you three are my best friends. You really want to just be a blacksmith and get your tools back? Well then show your dad that you can do this and show him that it doesn't matter what he thinks. Being a ninja is not all about killing. My dad said it was about protecting people and their rights. I mean, you would not be able to blacksmith if the leaf ninja were not protecting the village."

"So, maybe you hate this. That's cool. But don't let your dad get you down. Earn your tools back. If you can't do it alone, you got us. Your brothers. Alec, Mung, and I will do whatever it takes, dude."

Nukaro looked at Alec and nodded. They really were like his brothers. Mung sat at the window cleaning himself and Nukaro unwrapped several fish wrapped in hot ramen noodles. The mood in the room was still kind of cold, but maybe he could lighten it up with food. His dad good ramen made anything better. "Uh...anyone hungry?"

Tag: Team Eight

4. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    IC: Ryuu, Yuudai
    Hotel Room, Sunagakure

When Cho had turned to look at him, Yuudai saw something he couldn't quiet explain. She wasn't just annoyed or tired, although those did seem to be her main emotions, she was confused. There seem to be so much in her mind and she didn't know what to do with it and it naturally annoyed her and made her tired. She had stared at him long enough for him to actually see it. He wondered if she saw something in him, but that was high unlikely. Most people told him he was like a block and you couldn't really tell what was going on with him.

As she was finally gone, Yuudai found himself staring at her retreating figure even after it was gone.

He was still waiting for Nikorasu's response to his question, he seemed to be taking his mind. Yuudai couldn't quite tell because he was harder to read, but he looked mad or maybe annoyed. When he saw Cho go, he had seen another figure inside climbing out of the window. It was their other teammate Tsume, no doubt.

Yuudai expected to see him and join on this conversation at some time, but it seemed like he didn't want to hear it because he had used the window instead of the door to exit. Looking back, Yuudai wondered if Nikorasu's sour mood was because of how his teammates were dealing with the failed mission that had strained the ties between the Sand and the Leaf.

"We did nothing wrong. The situation surrounding our failed mission is somewhat suspicious. I cannot be sure, but I feel it is highly possible we were set up." He paused for a long moment, letting his gaze shift down to the floor between his feet as he considered what had happened these past few months. "However, don't dwell on such things. It's in the past, and little can be done of it now." He looked back up at the other boy. "Our focus now should be on the Exams... However, it seems I have upset my teammates greatly, and I trust you won't begrudge me not wishing to speak more tonight." He gave the boy a brief nod. "Get some sleep." He then moved back into his room.

It became clear that he wouldn't be able to get much information out of him. Just as it was clear that Nikorasu didn't want to deal with the problem. As he had said, it greatly upset his teammates and he didn't want to further upset them so he tried dropping the subject whenever possible. Yuudai knew that it was best to not get involve in whatever might be happening because it was a distraction and they needed to stay focus on the exam. However it was clearly effecting his teammates, that should be enough reason to look into it.

Yuudai knew that if his teammates were in this situation then he would help them if they needed or asked for his help. It might not be so important to him, but it was to them then it was worth looking into.

"It might be your choice to not dwell in the past, but if its upsetting your team..." Yuudai spoke before Nikorasu left, "Then you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss their concerns..."

Nikorasu had closed the door.

Yuudai was left alone in the hallway, he stayed standing there for a long moment before continuing his walk.

It had been an interesting night.

He would have to talk to Cho privately or just when her teammates weren't around her if he could. She seem to be the only one who didn't want to completely blow the subject away. Yuudai was almost sure that something would be happening during the exam, something bad. He only hoped it wouldn't be an invasion, but if it was then they needed to find out quick. Yuudai knew that he was just one freshly out of the Academy genin and that it was not only foolish to think that he could figure this out(if there even was anything to figure out), but stupid.

He was way over his head, but he didn't care. It was upsetting his fellow Leaf shinobi and that seem to be reason enough to get involve. It was then that he realized that it was not only his teammates that he would help if they needed it, but everyone.

Yuudai scowled glaring at the sink. He was in the bathroom of his team's room.

Look at me...pretending to be some HERO.

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Kuuki Zurui
    Sunagakure

Cho nodded. "I am. But .. I'm just ... worried about Tsume. Im used to being an outsider. On my own." Cho gave a gentle shrug of her shoulders, frowning slightly. "But to have folks you've never met before, blaming you for something that might or might not have happened .." Cho's frown deepened, and she blew a strand of hair from her face, as she tugged on her ribbon. She then looked up, her face neutral once more, as she spoke suddenly.

Zurui nodded. "And that's why he'll need people to support him. But give Tsume credit, he's stronger than this. With our help, he'll pull through."

"Im sorry Sensei Zurui. I've taken up a lot of your time. Have a good night." She gave him a half smile, and then turned, and exited his room.

Once Cho had left, Zurui waited for a few minutes, making sure to get everything in order. He was about to go scouting himself, and he would need a designated area in which for the weasel twins to meet him. Deciding on the roof of the hotel, Zurui made is way to the top, from through his window.

Once settled, he pulled out his scroll. Placing a bit of blood from his thumb onto the object, he made the handsigns and announced "Summoning Jutsu". When the smoke cleared, not only Yamaitachi and Takeitachi stood before him, but also the Long Tailed Weasel called Nagaitachi. Nagai was Yama and Take's older brother, and was therefore much more adept at maneuvering through the rocks around the sand village.

"Welcome back home, you three." Zurui announced. "Seems things aren't as laid back as usual with the Chuunin exams. I need you three to scout out, find any information on rumors surrounding my Team's failed mission, or any mention of something bringing war. Something strange is happening. I'm also scouting tonight. We'll meet here at dawn. Good luck."

With that, Zurui took off in his own direction. With four pairs of ears, perhaps they'd begin to unravel the mystery of the harsh reaction they'd received.

TAG: GM

6. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    Hotel Room, Sungakure

Yuudai stepped back into his team's room, he had splashes some water into his face to cool off and was currently drying himself with a towel. His teammates seemed to be minding their own business not really paying much attention to him or anything. He liked it better that way, one thing about his team was they knew to leave him alone whenever he was thinking about something. It was strange for Yuudai to have someone know how he worked (kind of know how he worked), but he figured that came with spending nearly every day with them.

He walked over to the window with the towel still on top of his -now dried- head. He opened it to get some fresh air out.

There would be a full moon soon.

Yuudai noticed a sudden flicker of something jumping from one rooftop to another. He raised an eyebrow as another shadow moved at great speed, they were going different directions. Yuudai narrowed his eyes as he opened the window wider for him to step through.

"I'll be back." He said to his teammates without facing them. He hadn't said anything when he had left last time so he figure he would at least spare a few words in case they wondered where he was going this time.

He leaped forward barely reaching the building that was next to the Hotel. It was dark without the moon as he followed the flickering shadows hoping not to loose them. They were very agile, but Yuudai had done a lot of training with his team and their sensei, and although he was struggling, he managed to follow one of the shadows.

By the way it was moving, Yuudai realized that the shadow was scouting. It stayed away from open places and was always moving from one shadow to another very sneaky. The way a ninja would move.

Whoever it was they were very skilled, the young genin was having more trouble keeping up. He was sure that he would loose him if he didn't slow down soon or stopped. Yuudai needed to push himself; he leaped farther, ran faster, even using some chakra to increase his speed.

He needed to find out who this person was, it was his only possible lead to whatever might be happening around the Sunagakure. Team Three agreed that their mission might have been some kind of set up, there were some things that didn't add up or made sense. They might have been wrongfully blamed for the strained ties between the Leaf and the Sand. However they weren't sure how to even prove theirs and the Leaf's innocence.

But this might...

Yuudai pushed further, transferring more chakra to his feet to increase his pace. He had almost lost the shadow, but now he was getting close enough to see who the shadow might be. There weren't too many places to hide in Suna and he was sure that as soon as the moon appeared, the shadows appearance would soon be revealed.

The night's clouds were staring to disperse as the moon became visible shining brightly over Suna.

Yuudai's eyes widen; the shadow was none other than Kuuki Zurui, Team Three's jounin leader.

What's he doing sneaking around?

He wasn't sure and seeing him moving around Suna as if he was looking for something only rose more questions for the young genin.

I'm going to find out

Yuudai continued to follow after the Leaf Jounin.

TAG: Zurui, Anyone

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    GM Note: Shadow - I am going to dismiss your last post. It just feels like Yuudai is trying to know more than he should and be everywhere that he shouldn't be.

8. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    Well that's kind of the point. He wants to help out knowing that he could be finding out too much or being in the wrong place. But he doesn't like being the dark because it feels like he's walking into a trap knowing that it is trap, but not able to do anything because he doesn't know enough. However I kinda figured this would happen since my character has been sticking his nose where he shouldn't ^^; (personally I think this makes for a more interesting episode since so many people were getting involved). So I'll respect your decision (not like I have a choice lol) I just hope that my character won't be dismissed like that again because it feels like he's doing too much, thanks.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    IC: Hlaalu Eno

Eno was glad to see everyone was following suit and leaving. But that's when one of the Sand Ninja said something.

?Friend, the Sand and Leaf were once allies but not since the Land of Lightning incident, which the Leaf acted on its own accord and started problems. We are not your friends, I doubt that we ever will be again. You better do more than watch your step, your not in Konoha anymore. Cmon guys let?s go and leave these pathetic excuse for ninja alone.?

Eno resisted the urge to take out his slender short sword and teach the ninja a lesson or two, for he did not want to get into trouble.

Oni wiped his brow and thanked his comrades for defusing the situation. Akako and Seishou were also glad that it was over, but knew that they would most likely see those Sand ninja again in the exams.

They continued their tour for a little bit longer before calling it a night. Each Genin heading for their rooms which they shared with their squads. Only Zurui Sensei had his own room, while the Chuunins shared a room of their own. The rooms allowed privacy for each team to talk amongst themselves about the days event and the exams itself.

Eno was in the room alone with Akako, for Oni left with his father to his father's district. He wondered why there was so much hostility. Clearly the Sand Genin were looking for reasons to be angry at the Leaf Genin, for they had not met each other before.

Eno looked at Akako and said "We have to work together and pass these exams. You, Oni, and myself. I'm sure we'll do well."

TAG: TEE

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai
    Hotel Room, Sunagakure

Cho have her partners a wink. As Cho had spoken, Nikorasu's posture had relaxed some and a contemplative look crossed his fce. Nikorasu gave a brief nod and responded first.

"It certainly is plausible. Of course, we can do little to substantiate it at the moment. I figure if something like that were to be happening, then we still have... what, a week or so until anything comes of it? I can't imagine anything happening during the first few tests. But, if you have Zurui involved, then I trust he'll get things sorted out before then. I don't always like the guy, but I certainly admire him." He flashed her a small smile, which broadened even wider as he said what came next. "And, absolutely. They'll be quite surprised when they come up against us. And, for their sake, what you said had better not be true. We'd almost have to teach them not to smear other people's reputations." He let his grin linger.

Tsume was wedged in the corner with Tenro on his stomach. "Yes? " he added. "These sand Ninja will be rather? shocked.. at what we can do. But let?s get some sleep, we have a big boulder on our shoulders to get chipping at in the morning?"

Cho nodded, feeling a bit better now. She could put more of her mind into the exams. She nodded. "Yeah, your right about that. Good night."

She smiled as she headed back for her bed, and laid down. So many things to think about. But she knew she needed sleep. She could not hope for her thoughts to be clear, if she didnt get any sleep, so she made herself lie down. Her mind was still too hyper for sleep, and she missed not being near trees. So she meditated, letting her mind thinking of the formulas within her medicine book, until she finally dozed off.

TAG: Team Three, Tee

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    GM Note: Since it is exam time. I want to make sure no on writes any before hand knowledge of what to expect. No one would have heard about what is expected nor read it anywhere. Villages usually keep things pretty tight lipped when it comes to the exams. If someone posts that they had some before hand knowledge they will automatically be disqualified in the exam and of course this would also mean their squad as well. GM is Law.[face_devil]

Now this part of the exam can be tricky. Not every team has a genius or someone with a special ability that can easily provide help. Therefore creativity is demanded, though if all else fails, well I will allow a spark of genius to appear for this phase only mind you.;)

If any of you are unsure about the post you may PM me. I will be glad to answer any of your questions.

************Squads Updates************

Story Arc: The Chuunin Exams - The Exams Begin!!!!

~Sunagakure, Sand Village~

In a quiet and secluded spot Zurui took out his scroll and placed a drop of blood from his thumb. He then proceeded with a summoning jutsu. Three weasels appeared before him. Yamaitachi, Takeitachi and their older brother a long tailed weasel named Nagaitachi.

"Welcome back home, you three." Zurui announced. "Seems things aren't as laid back as usual with the Chuunin exams. I need you three to scout out, find any information on rumors surrounding my Team's failed mission, or any mention of something bringing war. Something strange is happening. I'm also scouting tonight. We'll meet here at dawn. Good luck."

Each weasel took off in different directions. Zurui took off in his own direction trying to find clues as well. What he didn?t know was that he was being watched. Within a large rock camouflaged was a member of the organization called Mirage. Once Zurui and the weasels left he reemerged. He wore a black cloak over a tan outfit. His forehead protector had no symbol on it, showing his affiliation to none of the hidden villages. Then suddenly after a couple of seconds of dawdling, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

When dawn came the four came together as planned. No one was in sight as far as they could see. All the weasels announced that other than the strong animosity against the Leaf, for what the Sand feels as a betrayal of trust, nothing out of the ordinary could be found. It felt almost like an eerie calm.

Zurui had a bad feeling deep inside, but knew that he would have to keep an eye out just in case the feeling he had was real. He just couldn?t shake the thought out of his mind that something was out of place. He also had to be careful when investigating. The ninja villages don?t take too kindly to other villages forming investigations.

TAG: BaSSil

????????????.......................................

~Exam Room, Sungakure~

A week had passed since the Leaf Genin had arrived. Their welcoming was anything but pleasant. Unfortunately, most of the Genin never understood the basis of the hostility, they remained on their best behavior. Some secretly trained during the time the elapsed while others continued to take in the sights.

Each squad was told to report to room four hundred and four in an large five story building in the heart of Suna. No other information was given other than to report.

Not until each squad entered the exam room did they notice the total enormity of the situation they were in. The room was rather spacious and looked more like an auditorium made into a classroom. That wasn?t what wiled the nerves. It was what they saw within the room that shocked them, even terrified some.

The room was filled with over hundred prospects from different villages. All staring at them as they entered the room. The intensity of their glaring eyes almost could be felt like several sharp kunai flying at them.

The hostility was not just for them, it seemed as most of the teams were eager to show what they could do. Thus

12. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

A week has passed since the Leaf Genin had arrived in Suna. Tsume had found a good secluded spot outside of the village itself to practice his Jutsu. He knew that he would need his strength so he didn?t overdo it, just enough to where he could refine his techniques a bit.

Tsume and Tenro were as ready for the test as they could be. He was prepared for just about anything that could be thrown at him. He had asked his father about what to expect but Kiba had been surprisingly tight lipped about the exams. The only advice that he had given to his son was to be prepared for anything.

As such, Tsume was constantly testing his combat strength and prowess. He was set that he would give it his all to do what it took to become a Jounin.

When they opened the doors however, he wasn?t expecting the sight before him. There were a ton of Genin crowded in the room. Genin from every region imaginable. Most of them were much older than the rookies from the Leaf. That fact itself was a little intimidating in alone. Butterflies began fluttering around in Tsume?s stomach, but he quickly pushed them aside. He couldn?t be afraid now. He had a long way to go and this was only the first step. He would have to play it cool now. From here on in, he was being watched. He knew that everyone was being watched, and analyzed.

He pulled his beanie down over to the edge of his eyes to make himself look a bit more menacing, then stuffed his hands in his pants pockets as Tenro hopped up to the top of Tsume?s head. The wolf pup looked like he was being lazy, but he was really sniffing out as much as he could discretely. He was the foil to Tsume?s image. And Tsume loved it. He could look like the most dangerous person in the world to his peers and anyone else in the room, but with a puppy laying spread eagle on his head, people wouldn?t take him seriously. This would make beating them in the long run, just that much easier because they would underestimate him. Tsume and Tenro weren?t underestimating anything. They were on high alert because they both knew that becoming a Chuunin would be hard enough, but they were going for the step higher. As such, when Tenro was diverting the menacing nature that Tsume put off, both ninja were discretely gathering information.

This Ninja from the Sound village had this kind of marking, or that kind of obvious weapon. That Genin from the Village hidden in the Mist had this kind of bandage over one eye, or that Ninja had a different type of stance than the teammates standing around him. This Ninja wore a parka that covered his entire torso, so there could be any number of devices or weapons waiting to surprise unsuspecting assailants.

Tsume took a lungful of air through his nose. The apprehension was almost tangible in the room. Everyone was eager. He even smelled the dank stench of fear among the crowd. It wasn?t really directed at him and the other rookies, but rather the exams themselves.

He didn?t have long to gather information however, a very experienced looking Ninja stepped forward and began ushering them into a classroom that looked more like an auditorium. Much like when he had walked into his Genin trials, Tsume and Tenro were flicking their eyes around to spot points of interest and possible traps, targets and blind spots in the room. As it turned out, he was separated from Cho and Nikorasu. He glanced around the room as the proctor began explaining the exam. He noted the location of his teammates in relation to his current position. He looked to his left and right, there was a chuunin on either end of every row, just staring at them.

Tsume snapped his head back to the front however when the rules were explained. It was a group effort when the group was separated. They were meant to work as a team when they couldn?t communicate. If one failed? they all failed.

And then it was time to start. Tsume flipped his test over and began reading the questions. They were extremely advanced.

There?s no way most Genin would know all of these questions. The

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tanna Hakkai
    ~Exam Room, Sungakure~

A week had passed since the Leaf Genin had arrived. Some secretly trained during the time the elapsed while others continued to take in the sights. Cho stayed with her team, as they worked out various ways they could help each other. They had been told over and over that this exam would be a team effort. So, they practiced as a team, trying to develop several techniques they could use for the exam.

Each squad was told to report to room four hundred and four in an large five story building in the heart of Suna. No other information was given other than to report. Cho, with the other Leaf village students entered the building...

And Cho felt in awe of the sight. The room was rather spacious and looked more like an auditorium made into a classroom. But thats not what had caught her attentions. The room was filled with over hundred prospects from different villages. All staring at them as they entered the room. The intensity of their stares was intense!! And she thought the exam from the academy was rough. Cho pushed it all aside from her mind. They were simply like her, other students, who wished to pass the exams. They were not the ones she needed to worry about. As they moved to find their seats, it was interesting to notice all the different groups, and low vocal mutterings around her. As Cho found her seat, she found it quite curious that she was not sitting with her team. As a matter of fact, for a team exam, they seemed to do their best to separate them. There had to be a reason. They would probably find out soon enough.

A loud and strong voice called out to quell the tension immediately. All heads turned after the voice rang out.

"Alright you punks quit the nonsense or you all will be disqualified. The rest of you sit in the assigned seats that were given to you before you walked in."

Cho looked to the owner of the voice. It was a tall man who spoke out. He wore a long black coat over a tan uniform. His face bore three scars that were diagonally over his left eye, over the bridge of his nose, then ended at the bottom of his right cheek. The appearance made it look as if he was clawed by an animal of great strength. This only made the intensity of his stern, harsh glare more menacing toward the Genin.

"I am Toboki, Kobe, I will be your proctor for this phase of the exam. What I say is law. Think of me as God. I alone hold the key to your future. There will be no bloodshed here so put away your weapons or get out. I?m in no mood to deal with lowlife punks. If I have to, believe me it will be your worst nightmare."

Cho could DEFINITELY believe that!

Along with proctor were several Chuunin, who were sitting on both sides of the rooms, glaring at the Genin. Some were handing out paper and pencils to each row of participants before going back to their seats. Gee..some pretty intense stares here.

"The paper being passed out is for the this first phase of the exam, which is a written test. There are nine questions on the test. I will give you the then tenth question later. Anyone caught cheating three times is automatically disqualified. If you are caught cheating then your entire squad fails. There are no exceptions."

Cho's face went deadpan, as she mulled over his words. Wait..anyone caught THREE times? is disqualified? Why three? So...does that mean the first two are ok then? That was certainly a strange way to word it. And if one person is disqualified, then the entire squad fails. WOW.

There were moans throughout the room and some people even protested but the proctor quickly shut them up.

"Quiet you maggots."

Hmmm. This guy was a charmer. But she ignored his attitude, and was paying attention to what he was saying.

"The Chuunin here will be watching everything you do. They are the best of the best. Nothing you do will get past them. I almost feel sorry for you, but if you are even worthy of being a ninja. You wont get caught."

'but if you are even worthy of being a ninja....you wont get caught.' THAT sounde

14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    IC: Hlaalu Eno

It was finally time for the Chunin Exams. Eno followed everyone to room 404 of the exam building. He had no idea what to expect in this exam, but he was going to do his best. Eno entered teh room.

?I am Toboki, Kobe, I will be your proctor for this phase of the exam. What I say is law. Think of me as God. I alone hold the key to your future. There will be no bloodshed here so put away your weapons or get out. I?m in no mood to deal with lowlife punks. If I have to, believe me it will be your worst nightmare.?

Along with proctor were several Chuunin, who were on the side of the room sitting in seats glaring at the Genin. Some were handing out paper and pencils to each row of participants before going back to their seats.

?The paper being passed out is for the this first phase of the exam, which is a written test. There are nine questions on the test. I will give you the then tenth question later. Anyone caught cheating three times is automatically disqualified. If you are caught cheating then your entire squad fails. There are no exceptions. ?

There were moans throughout the room and some people even protested but the proctor quickly shut them up.

?Quiet you maggots.?

?The Chuunin here will be watching everything you do. They are the best of the best. Nothing you do will get past them. I almost feel sorry for you, but if you are even worthy of being a ninja. You wont get caught.?

?Right now all of you are at one hundred percent. Every wrong answer is ten percent off. You must have seventy percent right. You will be scored as a team. For example if two teammates have at least two right questions and one has three right questions then that would equal seventy percent. If one of your teammates has no correct answers and the other two have a combine total of seventy you will fail. All participants must have at least one correct answer.?

?You have an hour to finish. Begin!!!!!?

Eno took a look at the test. The questions were nearly impossible. How could he, let alone anyone, answer them? And he better not be caught cheating. Well, he could be caught twice. Strange, why were the rules stating you couldn't be caught cheating three times? Unless...you were supposed to cheat? Now Eno was confused. He sneaked a glance at Akako and Oni. Just then, Akako stretched, and Eno quickly turned back to his own test. He decided to try them out.
    Question 1: What?
    Question 2: um.......no
    Question 3: Okay skip that
    Question 4: ...
    Question 5: Maybe i can do this....okay nevermind

This test was impossible. Just then he felt something. Absently turning to the side, he saw the test answers on the table. He turned back to his test, only to do a double take. The answers? How? Who? Why? He then saw Akako's lighting symbol. She must have found a way to get the answers and transfer them. She must be doing the same to Oni. Eno definitely owed her dinner for this, and began copying the answers, slowly so to not get caught cheating. They may just have a chance yet.

TAG: TEE

15. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Kyousei, Alec
    Sungakure, Exam Room

Cheating...

For Alec, the idea was something that had never occurred to him. To cheat was...well, cheating on himself. Throughout his time in the academy he had never cheated. Not once. He would study late at night, have his parents quiz him, anything and everything that would make sure that he was prepared for an upcoming test. The next day he would sit down, write down the answers that he knew to be correct, and not once glance at the paper that another student was writing on. He prided himself with knowing the answers.

Thing was, he didn't know these answers. There were nine questions on the sheet in front of him and Alec looked at one, then the next one, and the next one, and the next one. After he had looked at the ninth question his pencil had yet to move to scribble....anything! For the first time in his testing life, Alec didn't know what to write down. There was no answer that just came to him, no calculation that would pop up in his mind as the one he had to work with, nothing. The questions were impossible.

How was he supposed to do this? He was able to answer that question at the very least: he had to cheat. It didn't just come to him though. He had reviewed the rules, had taken note that the proctor had been practically daring them to cheat...and informing them that they would have three tries. But it was only when the first kunai flew, landing on a test taker's desk, and then another, and another, that Alec realized that that was the only way.

Information gathering, Alec's brain finally translated cheating as in this test. He understood now. The Chuunin Exams were indeed a test for Genin to prove that they were ready to take the next step. To become a ninja. And ninja were to gather information when needed without getting caught.

But how could he cheat? Being new to the act of actually cheating, Alec's mind went blank. The sound of a pencil scribbling on paper caused Alec's eyes to slowly move left. Someone next to him was writing down on the testing sheet with calm, determined strokes as if he knew exactly what he was writing. Okay, the young Genin could guess that he found his target to cheat from. But how was he gonna get the answers? He had seen his fellow students - ones who had not been so against cheating to pass a test -, that just tried to look over a student's arm to try and find the answers...just before their sensei would catch them. Considering there were Chuunin that were looking out for cheating, Alec didn't think he would be successful at it either.

Over ten minutes had gone by and Alec had nothing to show for it. Gritting his teeth beneath his mask that he had kept over the lower half of his face, Alec propped an elbow on his desk and planted a cheek within his palm as his other hand that held his pencil scratched at his head. What was he supposed to do? He had no useful jutsu that he could think of that would help with cheating. He didn't have any options at all really and while he still sat, stumped, time was ticking away and the pencil strokes that could be found throughout the rest of the room was driving him mad. What was he-

His eye suddenly caught a glare and Alec looked to his arm that his head wasn't resting on. The glare came from the steel tonfa that was strapped to his forearm, his sleeve having slipped just a bit to reveal the weapon. Annoyed, Alec moved his gaze away from the reflective surface-

Wait!

Alec looked back.

With his trained eye Alec was able to catch movement that was being reflected upon the surface of the tonfa. Slowly, Alec moved his arm back just a little...and there! He could see the pencil of the student next to him being reflected upon the tonfa, writing down upon his test sheet. Holding his breath, afraid that his slow, careful movements would be caught by the Chuunin, Alec shook his arm just a little so that his sleeve would slide down, revealing more of the tonfa and what the weapon was revealing to him. There was the pencil...the paper

16. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sato Manami
    Exam Room - Sungakure

A week had passed since the leaf genin arrived for the chuunin exams, and today was the day they officially began. Manami had spent the time getting some training in beforehand, But despite this, the fact that they still didn?t know what awaited them caused a nervous pang in her stomach as she made her way with her squad to a designated building in central Suna. Once inside, they made their way to the appointed room.

What lay beyond the doors could probably test the nerve of even the most steadfast of ninja. Manami?s eyes went wide as she scanned the large room. The auditorium like space was filled with desks, like it had been converted for classroom use. And in this room, over one hundred exam candidates from the many various shinobi nations were waiting. That nervous pang she was feeling turned into a full on knot as the prospects all turned and looked at the newly arrived leaf genin. The glaring intensity of the stares was almost palpable, they might as well have all been throwing kunai knives at the leaf genin, the atmosphere was that uncomfortable. Manami tried to keep the expression on her face neutral but found it hard not to wither completely under the numerous sharp stares.

?I heard the chunnin exams were a big deal, but I wasn?t expecting this! So much competition?and to make things worse, a lot of these guys don?t look happy to see us??

She thought as she glanced at Tatsuya and Jiraiya. Not all of the hostility and animosity was aimed at the leaf teams however, small skirmishes broke out as a few members of Hidden Sound decided to try their luck with some genin from Hidden Rain. Nothing too serious came of it however, as a strong loud voice called out throughout the room, quelling the tension instantly. All heads turned as the voice rang out.

?Alright you punks quit the nonsense or you all will be disqualified. The rest of you sit in the assigned seats that were given to you before you walked in.?

Manami said a quiet good luck to Tatsuya and Jiraiya as she made her way to her assigned seat. Each member of the squad was separated, sitting in different places about the room. Sitting between a Sand Genin, and one of the older leaf genin, all eyes focused on the man who shouted out. He was a tall man, a black coat covered his tanned uniform. His face however is what drew the most attention. Many scars crossed his face, as if he had been clawed by an animal. His appearance, along with his harsh glare made him appear much more menacing as he addressed the room

?I am Toboki, Kobe, I will be your proctor for this phase of the exam. What I say is law. Think of me as God. I alone hold the key to your future. There will be no bloodshed here so put away your weapons or get out. I?m in no mood to deal with lowlife punks. If I have to, believe me it will be your worst nightmare.?

Several Chuunin were at the side of the room sitting in seats glaring at the Genin. Some were handing out paper and pencils to each row of participants before going back to their seats.

?The paper being passed out is for the this first phase of the exam, which is a written test. There are nine questions on the test. I will give you the then tenth question later. Anyone caught cheating three times is automatically disqualified. If you are caught cheating then your entire squad fails. There are no exceptions?

Many of the participants moaned at the proctors rules, some even protested, but they were quickly silenced

?Quiet you maggots. The Chuunin here will be watching everything you do. They are the best of the best. Nothing you do will get past them. I almost feel sorry for you, but if you are even worthy of being a ninja. You wont get caught. Right now all of you are at one hundred percent. Every wrong answer is ten percent off. You must have seventy percent right. You will be scored as a team. For example if two team-mates have at least two right questions and one has three right questions then that would equal seventy percent

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Uchiha Tatsuya
    Chuunin Exam

The week that led towards the beginning of the Chuunin exams was a difficult one for Tatsuya. It wasn't to do with the sharp glares he received for being a Leaf Genin, it was more along the lines of the training he pushed himself through. He was positive that there would be some kind of survival element to the exams. If not a survival element in itself, they would at least have to move around outside at some point. So he spent the week outside, becoming acclimated not only to the terrain, but also the heat. He pushed himself for five days straight to work on minimal water, all while training his techniques, his sharingan, and working out the maneuvers in the taijutsu move he had recently created. The result was his sleeping for 48 hours before the day of the exam. When he awoke, however, he felt more energized in the environment than he'd been all week. He was ready.

Tatsuya headed over to the examination building with his teammates and few other Leaf Genin who they met along the way. The building itself wasn't too spectacular until they made their way inside. It might as well have been an auditorium. The room was huge, filled in the middle with rows upon rows of desks. Tatsuya could make out at least a hundred Genin already seated at their places. This included the ninja they had met earlier in the week. They glared at the Leaf Genin as if they wanted to murder them right then and there. This was not unexpected and didn't unnerve Tatsuya too much. In fact, he took this time to glare right back at them. This would be about attitude and he had to carry himself with attitude. Looking to his teammates, he could see Manami trying to keep a strong stoic face. It'll be okay. They're just playing mind games. he thought, mentally trying to calm her down, knowing that she wouldn't hear.

The hostility was not just for them, it seemed as most of the teams were eager to show what they could do. Thus giving in to small skirmishes with other villages. A few members of The Hidden Sound Village were creating some tension with The Hidden Rain Village.

A loud and strong voice called out to quell the tension immediately. All heads turned after the voice rang out.

?Alright you punks quit the nonsense or you all will be disqualified. The rest of you sit in the assigned seats that were given to you before you walked in.?

Tatsuya took his seat, noticing that this took him not only away from his teammates, but in front of them as well. Sitting next to a Rock Genin and a Rain Genin, Tatsuya waited patiently to discover the true nature of this first test.

The Rain and Sound stopped with their little war as now all eyes were focused on the tall man who spoke out. He wore a long black coat over a tan uniform. His face bore three scars that were diagonally over his left eye, over the bridge of his nose, then ended at the bottom of his right cheek. The appearance made it look as if he was clawed by an animal of great strength. This only made the intensity of his stern, harsh glare more menacing toward the Genin.

Along with proctor were several Chuunin, who were on the side of the room sitting in seats glaring at the Genin. Some were handing out paper and pencils to each row of participants before going back to their seats.

?The paper being passed out is for the this first phase of the exam, which is a written test. There are nine questions on the test. I will give you the then tenth question later. Anyone caught cheating three times is automatically disqualified. If you are caught cheating then your entire squad fails. There are no exceptions. ?

?Quiet you maggot

18. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Oni/Karen

Oni found himself learning a new jutsu from his grandfather, and despite being promised a better one for passing the examination, Oni wished he could've had it sooner. Karen, on the otherhand, was enjoying the sights in sunagakure, nearly forgetting why she was there, only taking time out of her leisure to practice a couple new jutsu. Both were at the most, enjoying their time prior to stage one of the exam.

Each squad was told to report to room four hundred and four in an large five story building in the heart of Suna. No other information was given other than to report.

Not until each squad entered the exam room did they notice the total enormity of the situation they were in. Oni noticed that the room was rather spacious and looked more like an auditorium made into a classroom. He realized that wasn?t what wiled the nerves of other genin. It was what they saw within the room that seemed to put each and every one of them on edge.

The room was filled with over hundred prospects from different villages. All staring at them as they entered the room. The intensity of their glaring eyes almost could be felt like several sharp kunai flying at them. Oni just continued to stare back at them, making as many once overs as he could. Karen felt unnerved, she had never seen so many serious people in one group, and not only that, but she was sure that they'd push her and her team mates to their limits.

Thus giving in to small skirmishes with other villages. A few members of The Hidden Sound Village were creating some tension with The Hidden Rain Village. A loud and strong voice called out to quell the tension immediately. All heads turned after the voice rang out.

Karen and Oni sat in their assigned seats, glancing about, locating each teammate. Oni wasn't sure what was to happen, but was sure he wouldn't need All eyes were focused on the tall man who spoke out. He wore a long black coat over a tan uniform. His face bore three scars that were diagonally over his left eye, over the bridge of his nose, then ended at the bottom of his right cheek. The appearance made it look as if he was clawed by an animal of great strength. This only made the intensity of his stern, harsh glare more menacing toward the Genin.

Oni and Karen both heard the moans through the room. Oni quickly became aware of what was happening. If it were an exam, than one would need to know the answers, unless one has no clue, and therefore must gather information, without being caught. Karen was already grinning mildly, crystals loosly dangling from her hand.

?Quiet you maggots! The Chuunin here will be watching everything you do. They are the best of the best. Nothing you do will get past them. I almost feel sorry for you, but if you are even worthy of being a ninja. You wont get caught.?

?Right now all of you are at one hundred percent. Every wrong answer is ten percent off. You must have seventy percent right. You will be scored as a team. For example if two teammates have at least two right que

19. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    Exam Room, Sunagakure

The day finally arrived, the chunin exams were starting. It had been a long week for Yuudai, also one of the most boring weeks he's ever had, even his teammates might have noticed he looked more gloomy than usual. After the night where he had seen that strange shadow from his window, he had considered doing some more 'research' on Sunagakure, but from all the looks the Leaf genin were getting he decided against it. Apparently everyone hated their guts and sneaking around probably wouldn't help them, also he didn't trust enough in his skills to not get caught. He sucked when it came to stealth.

So instead he spent the week trying to learn the final stage of the Rasengan, but it proved to be a harder task than he thought. The final stage was by far the hardest stage; he needed to apply what he learned from the first and second stages, rotation and power, and mixed them together to obtain control. Yuudai had been able to learn the second stage in a week because of Naruto's training and he only had enough time for the Hokage to explain him what he needed to do for the third stage. Now that he was in Sunagakure, and far away from Konoha, he couldn't ask their Hokage for some tips so he was all alone for the time being.

With getting glares from the Suna residents to failing each time he tried to form a Rasengan, the week proved to be the worst for Yuudai and he was glad when they had told his team to meet in a building that was at the heart of Suna. Aside from saying they needed to report there nothing else was said and no questions were asked.

Soon enough all of the Leaf genin had arrived and were in a room filled with other contestants who had directed their glares to them as soon as they entered. The atmosphere was so thick under the pressure of those glares, everyone in the room was filled with that same adrenaline that only came from competitions. Everyone wanted to win, and everyone saw everyone else as an obstacle that needed to be removed, permanently if needed. Or at least that was how Yuudai felt.

Some Sound and Rain ninjas were causing trouble until a very powerful voice, the type that comes from authorities, spoke quickly silencing them. That same person, still using that stern voice, had told everyone to take their assigned seats. All teams were separated, sitting in different places next to complete strangers.

Yuudai looked up, his eyes widening slightly at the sight of their proctor. He was a tall man who wore a long black coat over a tan uniform. His face had three horrible scars that were diagonally over his left eye, over the bridge of his nose, then ended at the bottom of his right cheek. His glare was worst than his stern voice, it was harsh like he could pierced you with that single look.

However what made him most intimidating were those scars, Yuudai wondered what kind of stories lied behind each of one. He placed a hand on his right arm where his own scar lied. He had gotten it in the Academy when they were practicing the substitute jutsu, he had foolishly asked Karen to throw him a kunai which ended with his arm being cut. The scar was no big deal, in fact he couldn't really call it a scar since it was disappearing, but he made sure to take a good look at it each day to remind himself that he needed to train harder. On more depressing days it was use to remind himself of how weak he was.

Yu

20. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Exam Room

Nikorasu stared blankly at the exam in front of him. He had studied a lot, yes, but about history and culture, writing and grammar... and jutsu, of course. Some of these... well, most of these questions were out of his league. And so, he sat back and let his mind drift for a moment to ease some stress. It had been an uneventful week. His team had worked some together, and then Nikorasu spent a lot of time in the room, trying ever more to extend his Byakugan. When a team mate was around, he furthered this expansion by working on honing in on the chakra network. He supposed he had had success. He couldn't really tell.

And then came this strange exam. First of all, he'd not expected this many people. Not at all. He began shutting down. To hide this, he shoved his hands in his pocket and put on as cool a demeanor as he possibly could. He was proud. He'd maintained it quite nicely as they were quieted and the exam began with a very aggressive looking man telling them of the rules and what not of the exam. Nikorasu was suddenly very discouraged to not be with his team.

And so here he was, alone in a sea of unfamiliar faces, fighting for control. Luckily, in two years he'd gotten far better at that. After several moments he had regained control and was once again staring at the test. He abhorred cheating. There was this pride he had about doing things himself. He didn't copy. He didn't take shortcuts in training. But.... well, the future of his career hinged on this event. He had answered a couple of questions that he felt were right, but he couldn't be sure. There were several people in this room older than him. Surely they must know something about this test.

Nikorasu sighed. He knew just what to do. There had never been a question of how he could cheat, merely if he should. He wondered briefly what it would be like to be 'normal' in that regard. It must make this exam a lot more stressful, certainly, for once he had decided to cheat, Nikorasu became a lot more relaxed. His only worry now was not drawing attention to himself as he activated his Byakugan.

He knew that few in this room would pick up on what he was doing. The Hyuga Clan's kekkei genkai, while legendary, was far from understood by most people in the Leaf village, never mind the other villages. They knew it granted the Hyuga's great power and they used a very deadly fighting style because of it, but that was about the limits of their understanding. So, even if he shouted randomly "Byakugan!", he wondered how many people truly would understand what he was doing. Better not to risk it though.

The propped his head up with his hands, elbows resting on the table. He looked down at the table as if in despair or frustration. Then, in as quiet a voice as he could manage, he said one word. "Byakugan." He wasn't worried. Even if Chunnin decided he was cheating, that was one mark against the boy, and Nikorasu knew that he got three. There would be no more visible signs of what he was doing.

As vision of the whole room flooded into his mind, Nikorasu almost burst out laughing. If only everyone else had it so easy. Instead, he let a broad smile cross his face. It was no longer an issue of how to cheat, or if he should, but of selecting the right targets. He let his gaze shift over paper after paper, taking into account all he could see of the people as well. Eventually, he picked out those that had seemed most confident and the answers that had seemed most correct. He also saw a bit of what everyone else was doing. There were some ingenious ways to cheat, and even better ones that he knew he didn't pick up in his brief scan of the room. Some talented ninja in here, most definitely.

After he got his answers, he paid most attention to his teammates, however. He had planned on devising a way to help them, but it appeared unnecessary. Tsume, with Tenro's help, had the situation well under control. Cho... well, she seemed to have her own system, and soon the three had a nearly identical set of answers. Most impre

21. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Sunagakure

The exam was...difficult. Upon seeing it, Nukaro immediately knew that Shiro and Alec would be failing this test. There was no way they would pass it. Alec was good in combat, but never struck Nukaro as a genius or a brain guy at all. Shiro had wanted to focus on blacksmithing and being a ninja was never that important to him. So since the questions on the test required alot of knowledge of the actual being of a ninja, he doubted that Shiro would even make an effort.

The questions looked like something that Genin, Chuunin, and maybe even some Jounin wouldn't know. The only reason Nukaro was able to answer the questions at all is because he actually did study and he loved reading and then experimenting with what he had read. He had read many ninja survival books, ninja handbooks, combat preparations, and was smart anyway. The test was hard, more than hard, nigh impossible, but Nukaro made his way through it in about thirty minutes, more or less.

During these thirty minutes, he had hoped that Alec and Shiro had picked up what this test was about and how they were going to pass:

By cheating.

If he could have, Nukaro would have tried to stop Alec, but apparantly he had figured out that the goal of the test was to gather information without being caught. It had taken Nukaro and Mung three minutes to figure this out. The rules had laid out the basis that the test did not matter. There was too much emphasis placed on the point system, so the only other alternative that made sense was that they were not being tested on their intelligence at all, but their ninja skills.

Now that he was done, Nukaro focused on helping Shiro. Though he was done he had not stopped writing. He continued to write the answers, again. But not only the answers again, but the questions also. When he was done, he patted Mung on the head, dropping the crumpled paper into the bird's beak.

Mung then began to flap his wings and flew into the air. Nukaro pretended to reach for the bird, but also pretended to try to be quiet about it. Mung did a once around the room, then sat on the boy behind Shiro's desk, before flying low above Shiro's head, very low, but depositing the paper in Shiro's head. He then flew to the window and back to Nukaro before settling down. Mung looked as innocent as ever and so did Nukaro.

Tag: Team Eight

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    GM Note: Some of you didn?t complete the test for one reason or another. Since I don?t want to drag this phase out too much, because there is only so much you can do in a written exam. I plan to move forward so that we can keep the story moving. That means I will have to use some characters to do this.

A couple of you have made posts about sensing chakra. I thought about this long and hard. Some people have a special ability for that, but characters like Yuudai and Cho did not. Now there can be intuition but I feel that knowing more than that at this stage is a bit too much for now.

************Squads Updates************

Story Arc: The Chuunin Exams - The Tenth Question!!

~Sunagakure, Sand Village~

On the day of the Chuunin exam, Zurui decided to dress in his homeland's attire, his chuunin vest and gear beneath his sand village clothing. This was to try and blend in with the villagers instead of sticking out like a sore thumb in his Leaf gear. He tried talking to a few shop owners to see if they heard anything strange or negative toward Suna. Again he came away with little information.

He passed a couple of Sand Chuunin, who were setting up things for the next exam. They looked at him curious, but then went on their way. Their schedules too busy for introductions. Unknown to Zurui, he was being followed from a distance by the very well hidden Mirage member.

While in one of the ramen shops Zurui overheard something that just might have been a clue he was looking for. Two Chuunin Rain Ninja were eating at a table but deliberately whispering. In the next booth was Zurui enjoying his Muso soup.

?So you think it?s going to go down. I am so ready for it. They will get what?s coming to them.? Said a man with black hair and grey eyes to another man with red hair and green eyes. The conversation became inaudible at times and Zurui knew that he had to find out more of what they were talking about.

Once the Rain Ninja left the ramen shop they went to a hotel at the edge of town. It was one of the poorer areas of the Sand Village, where poverty was overlooked by many. The ninja seemed to keep looking over their shoulder as if they were afraid of being followed before entering the hotel.

TAG: BaSSil

????????????.......................................

~Exam Room, Sungakure~

The exam was on its way. Most of the Genin realized that the only to pass the test was to cheat. Several teams were already disqualified for getting caught for the third time. Team Nine was one of the few that were lucky enough to pass information around to each other through the use of a kekkei genkai of Seishou to Yuudai. Karen used her own blood limit by using a thin layer of ice to reveal the answers of one of ninja next to her.. Team One was another exception who used the special abilities of Akako to cheat, helping both Oni and Eno with their test.

Team Three were doing pretty well for themselves for Tsume along with Tenro was able to spot someone that seemed to have the answers. After finishing their test, Tenro with a over exuberant tail wag was trying to contact Cho to deliver the answers. Luckily she noticed as she calmed herself down and taking in the info the nin-pup gave by the interesting wag of his tail.

Team Eight barely made it before the hour was up. Alec was able to use the steel tonfa from his forehead to reflect the answers nearby, where as Nukaro was taking advantage of his studious nature to help him. He was able to get his answers on his own, but wondered about his teammates. Not able to help Alec, who was behind him, Nukaro sent the answers with Mung. The falcon did a once around the room, then sat on the boy behind Shiro's desk, before flying low above Shiro's head, very low, but depositing the paper in Shiro's head. He then flew to the window and back to Nukaro before settling

23. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

?Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question.

Tsume was confident that his answers were right thus far. He actually had a grin on his face about it all. He was thoroughly enjoying himself. His gaze dropped slightly as he listened to the rest of the rules surrounding the last question.

?All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say.?

His eyes shot open.

Everyone had to get the last question right or three careers as a ninja would end in an instant. Their flame would be snuffed out, forever dead with no chance of return.

He saw a few individuals raise their hands and the entire team walked out, many of them very angry at their weaker team mate.

Tenro hopped down from Tsume?s head and turned around to look at him. Tsume couldn?t let his career end before it got started. He was too young to let something like that happen. He had too much to do to let it just end.

Tenro stared at his master as his hand began to rise.

Tsume looked over to Nikorasu in front of him, he closed his eyes in regret as his hand went higher, almost to his chin now.

He thought of Cho, whom he could not see. Everything was riding on their teamwork. If one failed, they all failed. Tsume didn?t want that to happen.

His eyes remained closed as his hand reached it?s destination, he whispered more to himself than to anyone around him.

??I?m sorry?.?

Tsume?s fingers flicked up?

?.and around his beanie. He pulled the black cap down slowly over his eyebrows.

??I have complete faith in my teammates, not like those weak fools that just left. We will do our very best and that is all we can do??

His beanie back to it?s combat position, as he referred to it, he awaited the question. And had faith that both of his other teammates would rely on each others strength, as well as his to overcome the challenge ahead.

Tag team three

24. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    Exam Room, Sunagakure

Yuudai sighed in relief, thanks to Seishou's kekkei genkai he was able to fill out his exam paper. He was confident that some were at least right since, he trusted his teammate enough to know he wouldn't give him wrong information. He wasn't sure about Karen since she was behind him and he couldn't see her, but he figured she would find a way to get her answers. She always did find a way.

?Alright you maggots time is up!!? yelled Toboki Kobe.

The young genin looked up taking a good look around the room. When they first entered it was completely filled with participants, but along the way the numbers had decrease by nearly half, only a few genin remained now. Yuudai faced the front of the room.

?Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question. All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say.?

Several groans and complains were heard, but it was ignored by the proctor whose face was more serious than Yuudai had thought possible. However he paid little attention to everyone around him and his words still echoed in his head. If they failed they would remained genin for the rest of their lives never to be anything more.

Yuudai bit his lip in frustration, he wanted to punch a wall punch something to rid of this annoyance he was feeling. However he just kept his hands on the desk, he had clinched them into fists, his knuckles were turning white. He closed his eyes trying to calm down.

He had worked hard since he became a genin, pushing himself to do his best to become a great ninja. Each day he trained until he was too tired to go on, often just passing out in the training areas, all the work and effort he put into his training would have meant nothing if he failed the tenth question. He would remained a genin forever.

No...

SLAM

The room seem to grow quite as Yuudai slammed his fist into the desk. He sighed feeling the pain going through his whole arm, it was strangely relaxing. He opened his eyes staring at the proctor, he stood up, he was sure that people were probably looking at him like he was crazy, but he ignored any stares or glances, he needed to get this out of his chest.

Yuudai locked eyes with the proctor, "Don't you dare..."

He took a deep breath, he needed to get this out, "Don't you dare...underestimate us!"

Yuudai's eyes narrowed, "If you think you can scare us by saying we'll remain genins forever then you're horribly mistaken...everyone here knows the risks that come from being a ninja, we're constantly faced with many decisions some are easy and some hard, but whatever it is we have to face it and this is no different...I made an oath when I became a ninja just like everyone else and that was to never look back, that whatever decision I made I would see through it to the end because that is my nindo, my ninja way."

"I decided to take this exam so I'm going through with it and if I fail then I fail, but not because I didn't try, I'll stick to my decision and whatever happens I promise you that I will not look back or have any regrets" Yuudai sighed, the tight feeling his chest gone. "I don't speak for my team, but I know they feel the same...I won't let them down and neither will they."

Yuudai looked at Seishou then back at Karen before taking his seat. He felt the tension around him gone.

"I just hope that everyone else in here decides to stay too," Yuudai closed his eyes crossing his arms in front of him, "Otherwise passing this exam will be too easy."

A grin spread across Yuudai's face; it wasn't like him to suddenly speak his mind especially to a crowd or even make a clever remark like that. However it felt strangely good to let that

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Exam Room

Nikorasu had finished with some time to spare thanks to his Byakugan. In a way, he pitied everyone else for not having it. But, it also gave him a distinct advantage, so he supposed things were for the best as they were. So while the other genin struggled to finish the test, Nikorasu leaned back and took a few moments to relax, letting his gaze flit casually around the room.

As the hour ended, Nikorasu noticed that many of the genin who had started were now gone. That was good, he supposed, but he did feel bad that they had not gotten a chance beyond this test? but, if they couldn?t perform this simple act of stealth, perhaps they were not ready.

Nikorasu?s laid back attitude went away the moment the proctor started speaking again. His words caused the boy to straighten up considerably. This was no easy decision to make. On one hand, you had to consider your own future. On the other, the future of your teammates. Nikorasu folded his arms as his mind began to churn this over. His gaze scanned the room and he watched as, it seemed at least, Tsume almost raised his hand. He didn?t and for that Nikorasu was grateful.

Next, the boy from the hallway stood and called out the proctor, going on about how none of them were intimidated. Nikorasu didn?t really agree, but the boy was entitled to his opinion. In truth, Nikorasu was very intimidated. This was not a choice to make lightly, and he thought that might be the point. This last question must be extremely important if the proctor was offering such harsh punishment for failing it.

So, should he leave? His team would obviously resent him if he did. With all the friction that had built up between them recently, that would not be a good thing. And besides, they couldn?t take his Ninjitsu from him. If he failed, then he?d still be a ninja. Names meant little to nothing. Even if he had to learn everything on his own, he would be there to defend his home and his loved ones. He knew that. And so, resolute, the boy sat still, facing the proctor unflinchingly as if to say, ?Do your worst.?

TAG: Examinees, Tee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.