main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA WAY too much time on my hands. . .

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ithorian, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!! *Does giddy happy dance*

LOVE IT!!!!!!

:D
    -Fettish

2. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
  3. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
  4. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    In the tradition of the Star Wars Gangsta Rap. . . Outkast is a goldmine!

Imperial Groove

5. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Nobody's paying attention anymore, but in the immortal words of Casey Kasem, "The countdown rolls on!"

This was the second one I wrote, right after "Yoda!", but I finally got some good music for it.

Lando

6. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
  7. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    My computer is being stupid and won't let me download anything at all... But I am paying attention, I promise... :)

-Fettish *Go look at my chicken pages!!!!!!*

8. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
  9. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
  10. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I can't wait to get a chance to listen to these. I'm downloading them right now, but won't be able to listen to them until I get the speakers for my PC fixed or replaced (or dig out my headphones).

Did you have plans to burn them to CD and package them? I would love to have some to sell at The Rebellion's table at our convention in September (in Rochester, NY). I was doing a little research on parodies and copyrights and came across this page http://www.publaw.com/parody.html so far. It might be possible for you to sell them for X, keep Y to cover your costs and donate Z to the charity of your choice.

Also found this on Weird Al's website:
    Does Al get permission to do his parodies?
    Al does get permission from the original writers of the songs that he parodies. While the law supports his ability to parody without permission, he feels it's important to maintain the relationships that he's built with artists and writers over the years. Plus, Al wants to make sure that he gets his songwriter credit (as writer of new lyrics) as well as his rightful share of the royalties.

So it might be something to think about. In either case, tho' thanks for sharing them with FanForce at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.