main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL We Have a Website

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Anakin-and-Padme, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    www.firstcoastjediknights.org

There isn't anything there yet but a black background and "future home of" blub, but I wanted to do this for the group. So, there we have it, a domain purchased with hosting.

I asked Nimiris to help me with building it because my HTML is limited to the dark ages.

I don't want to leave anyone out who wants to help so chime in if you want to help get it up and going. You can send me the code for pages you create and I can get it up there.

2. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Let me know if I can help the group in any way with anything, I work for one of the largest advertising agencies in the south east doing print, web (mostly flash and enough html to get the job done) and lots of video editing.

I have lots of resources that might be able to get us price breaks on t-shirts and other items.

My work hours are crazy but I am willing to help in any way.

over-and-out
    Rob

3. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    you go guys...you are on the ball. All hail the new commander (hail, hail...)ok enough of that!! I will do what I can with my limited knowledge of this new fangled things called computers.

4. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    HALALUJAH THE SITE HAS ARRIVED!!! [-o| O:)
    BTW which HTML are you talking about?
    i get confused on those alot..i can only do the new stuff,like on myspace,neopets,xanga etc.

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Vossk,

I know old school HTML from early to mid 90's when I owned my own web design business and was featured in Jacksonvill'e Women's magazine. I was cutting edge then. HA HA!

I just never kept up with the times and learned the new stuff (Although I plan to).

So, in short, you know the stuff I don't know. You know the cool stuff. I know the lame stuff.

You are welcome to assist. I know Nimiris gets back tomorrow or something like that. When he reads this I am sure he can let everyone with offers to help know what he needs or what they can do.

6. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    ahh ok,yeah i know the:

<font color= "mint green" size= 9> </font>
    <center>
    <p>
    etc. ^_^
    i acually taught myself from spending hours on neopets and myspace trying to code and create my own layouts,i did most of my own on myspace and did my entire neopets lookup myself (which is a sweet grievous thingee) still learning but i know the basics.

7. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    dreamweaver is your friend, become one with its force

8. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    I have heard that it would help bring balance. I must learn to use it. I will.

9. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Dreamweaver is a good friend. And I have a trail copy if you want it.

>Steve

10. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    You should bring a copy of that to Mama Fu's for sure...

11. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Ok kids, I have begun my work as promised since Dwight is bit too busy and I am unwilling to let it go any longer. I am getting just a base site up and running and should be done with what I can do to it with my limited knowledge tomorrow.

You guys can take what I throw up and rearrange and send me files if you want to change any of it to make it prettier, but it will do for now.

You can check out my 15 mintues worth of work if you really want to, but clearly I have a small ways to go, but it'll be there fairly quickly.

http://www.firstcoastjediknights.org

Cheers!

12. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    good job.

13. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    It is completed my master.

Ok, I Know some of you have been taking photos at events too. Please send them to me at my yahoo account so I can add them to each event page.

Also, someone took the liberty of deleting all past event photos from the Yahoo site (ahem). If anyone has a copy to email to me or can talk to the administrator of that site about allowing us to have our photos back that would be nice. I'd like to add those on to the site as well to show events before December.

I also have pictures of the Grill Party here at our house that I will be adding shortly (probably tomorrow).

So, get me your pictures and I will get them up.

email: jaxpadmeskywalker@yahoo.com

I realize that I need to add a page that shows where we will be on certain dates as well. Any other ideas for pages that need to be added are welcome.

14. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    looks good,i would just suggest adding something about the club and what we do

15. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Looking good so far. And I'm crying after seeing the pic of you doing a split Chase.

>Steve

16. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey Vossk. I am working on the "about us" portion, but having difficulty on exactly how to word it right. So until I can come up with something I am unable to post it. It's been a good 10 years since I did PR work and everything I come up with is just blah. Writers block I guess.

Who wants to do it for me?

17. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Yea, what can I say? Everyone has a talent. Mine just happens to be making you cry. ;)

Wow. The site looks kool... We're getting things together more and more everyday. Looks awesome.

Did anyone take any pictures at GCL? I would love to see what went on....

18. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Loved the pics!

19. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Added some stuff. I know the upcoming events page looks a little hokey (ok, a lot hokey), but I wanted it up and running.

Sorry for the delay. Mom has been in and out of the hospital.
    [face_tired]

20. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    great job, the website looks awesome. Keep it up.

21. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey Luis and Gina I need your email addresses if you want your contact info on the website :). You can PM them to me if you want. If you don't want them posted that is cool too. Just let me know.

22. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
  23. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    Excellent job!! Now we look like we know what we are doing.

24. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    hey boys and Hotties.... did anybody notice that we have a link to our website on top of the boards.

25. ObiWanAmanda

Jun 10, 2005
    OMG!! I didn't even notice that. Wow, that is awesome. Did you do that blaze?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.