main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon We would be honored, if you would join us... (at IMAX Seattle)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by PunkJr, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    The members of the Seattle Star Wars Society would like to extend this official invitation to the Portland FanForce to come up and join in the AOTC IMAX Experience!

The first show is 12:01 Nov 1st (Halloween Night), but if you can't come up to join us then, we're going to be at the Pacific Science Center all weekend!

So please, come join in on the discussion over at the SSWS Boards and join the Southern Outpost of Garrison Titan as they help invade Seattle for Attack of the Clones on the big screen!

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have another invitation for you.

Lucasfilm is asking for a group to "work" the Imax event in Spokane WA. One person from the SSWS has agreed to doing the event in Spokane already and will work on getting more people. Lucasfilm will be providing Exclusive give-aways to the attendees of the Imax showings, it would be your responsibility to pass these out to the theatre goers. Also, Lucasfilm would like you to plan "line" events for the crowd outside the theatre. Lucasfilm also asks that you create a webpage with information on the theatre and the events you have planned, and with information on your specific group. (I know Bowen already has a website and I am sure he can throw together a simple webpage). As a reward, Lucasfilm with give you an official Lucasfilm approved logo, and will post a link to your webpage on StarWars.com. This could feasibly bring you a lot of exposure, and many new members. This is the first time ever that Lucasfilm has involved FanForce in an event of this magnitude. If at all possible, please consider doing the Spokane WA event. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

3. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow, this is big. I won't commit myself to any responsiblities, but I will see if I can go to the Nov. 1 showing. It's a school inservice day anyway, but Seattle is a long drive...I'll look into it.

-IJedi

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Thank you for your invitations.

I wish I could make it that weekend, but I don't know if that is going to happen. I just don't think so, I'm too busy lately, and driving all the way up to Seattle from where I am, down here in Corvallis, is an especially difficult task. I'm kind of bummed... :(

I might try to fly up there one weekend in November with my dad or something.

5. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I thought about it and talked with my mom. Seattle is a long way up to go all alone. I'll probably go up on another day with my mom when she isn't working. Sorry I can't make Nov. 1. Hope you have fun!

:D

-IJedi

6. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Well, if any of you Portland folks don't feel like driving all the way the hell out to Spokane, and can't make it on Friday, we'll be out at the PSC all weekend. So, come Saturday or Sunday and hang out with us, then watch the movie!!

And if anyone needs a place to stay, just hop over to our board & let us know!

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hey, thanks, your hospitality is very kind. :)

I will see what I can do, talk to my parents about it and whatnot, see how my schedule is, but I just don't think it will work out for me personally on that weekend.

I wish we had an IMAX theater here in Oregon. OMSI's does not count, it is just a scientic Omnimax, and there's a big difference...

There are many goals I have in my life, some large, some small, but one of the small ones for me would be building a great IMAX theater in Portland, Oregon. The demand is there. Someone just needs the funding and the space. Someday, if someone else doesn't, I will bring one to Portland, even if I'm not living there. Portland will always be special, anyways, even if I don't plan to live there past my college years.

8. xrayman

xrayman Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2002
    In light of the recent events (OMSI's IMAX theater getting approved to show AOTC), the members of the Southern Outpost of Garrison Titan of the 501st legion will be attending the opening festivities at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry's newly retrofitted IMAX theater.
    We will be there at the special midnight showing on Halloween and at selected shows on Friday and Saturday.

That is all.
    Move along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.