main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Week 1] Task - Steven Austin

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by comet1440, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    My Biography

For those reading that dont know me, my name is Steven Austin. I was born in the back of an NYC taxi cab ( my mom went into labor unexpectedly ) on October 8Th 1989. Ever since I was a little kid I was undecided about whether to become an actor or a rapper. I was amazed by rappers lifestyle and the flashy music videos with tons of half naked women running around. They seemed to have it all. At the tender age of only 6 I was leaning towards becoming an actor only because I was very young and had a very limited vocabulary which made rapping very difficult. But as time passed, I grew up and started to become a more talented lyricist. In 6th grade I meet a boy from harlem who also wanted to become a rapper just as I did.

I started rapping with him after school in my school cafetiria. He was better then me, so I found my self learning from listening to him rap and the way he worked a crowd. After some time I stepped out and became less shy, rapping in front of larger crowds during lunch who were eager to see the best rappers in the school battle out. After the end of 6th grade me and my friend decided it was time to step up and make our own albums.

I bought some equipment with money I had saved up and got some old equipment from my uncle and set it up in my room. Everyday I would record to gain studio experience, and my friend would teach me some things he had learned. I knew how to rhyme to a beat, but I wasn't really used to rhyming in a rhythm and pocket and chorus. My friend taught me a lot about riding different beats and different grooves. I was used to riding a basic knock or simple drum tracks. He taught me how to use different flows on various tracks; like bouncy beats, hard-edged beats, beats that include more horns or keyboards than say a guitar or drum. He helped refine the way I hear music, in order to record songs differently. I'm a lyricist, so that helped me with flows and coming up with hooks for the different types of songs. It wasn't hard at all, but it was an adjustment. I also learned to understand the need for stories and how to write them to music. I can bring more emotion across when I'm telling stories - but it's all in the wording. For instance, when you are in 6th grade and the teacher asks you to read a story, you just read the words. Later as your skills improve you understand the emotion and punctuation and begin reading the story like it should be told. The delivery, the expression, enunciation and emphasis on words make it clear what the situation is with the characters or plot twists.

so now at 14 I continue to push myself and my goal of becoming a rapper more serious.

EDIT : since everyone is crying because I supposedly did the task wrong I will add this :

If me as I child met me now it would be a boring meeting since I feel the same way now as I did 8 years ago.

me at age 6 : " I want to be a rapper when I grow up "

me now : " I want to be a rapper when I grow up "

there we go the task is no longer " incorrect " .

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Comet, did you read the entire task?

Because from what I can tell, you're wayyyyyy off on this task.

~ James

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    F for not following instructions!! :p

4. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Why don't we just let the particpants do their tasks like they're going to do them. If they do them wrong then disqualify them from the points when it comes time for the JC to grade. Don't swoop and save them and give them another chance. The rest of us shouldn't have to pay because Stone Cold G Rapper Man can't read.

AYBABTU

5. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    Comet, did you read the entire task?

ummmmmmmmmm yes I read it.

did you read my entire post ?

Describe yourself as how you are and what your childhood dream is/was. Compare the two. You're to then explain what you think would happen if the two of "you" met (your dream you and you as you are). Creativity is a plus. Up to 10 points will be awarded on this task.
    Make your own thread (so people can ask their own questions for you) and please include "Week 1" somewhere in the thread title to help keep things organized. Oh, and you can also add any other random tidbits about yourself, too. The more the merrier.

I just didnt talk about my two dreams meeting each other , but if it matters that much I will edit it in.

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
      Why don't we just let the particpants do their tasks like they're going to do them. If they do them wrong then disqualify them from the points when it comes time for the JC to grade. Don't swoop and save them and give them another chance. The rest of us shouldn't have to pay because Stone Cold G Rapper Man can't read.
    Good point, AYBABTU. I'll keep clean of all this from here on out. :)

And Comet, no, do what you feel is right.
    This is all about doing what you want to do for the tasks.

And hell, you and I have something in common: we record out of our homes.

~ James

7. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Nope, sorry. You already showed you can't follow instructions.

SACRIFICE HIM.

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Haha, i'm sorry man but this one just made me laugh. [face_laugh]

9. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004

I edited it now so everyone can cheer up .

Nope, sorry. You already showed you can't follow instructions.

SACRIFICE HIM.

I can see this is going to get ugly pretty quickly.

10. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    ....... doesnt anyone have any questions to ask me?

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
  12. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    i do... :)

i have a question.... how long until you get so hurt that you start crying and leave the house in disgust? :)

And what can we do to accelerate that?

13. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

AYBABTU

14. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    What the falafel?

15. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    i have a question.... how long until you get so hurt that you start crying and leave the house in disgust?

do you know who I am ?

have ever read any of my posts in other forums before ?

no one here has a wide enough vocabulary or knows how to use the english lanquage in such a way that they would make me cry.

And what can we do to accelerate that?

you dont need to anyway, I know im not going to win, too may people hate my arrogance, im here just so I knew what it was like to be V.I.P. I expect to be voted off first round.

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

[face_plain]

16. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

AYBABTU

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    no one here has a wide enough vocabulary or knows how to use the english lanquage in such a way that they would make me cry.

Yes, i have seen your posts. You seem to be crying offscreen when someone calls you a "wigger" or when someone opposes you period. You make useless threats in reply to flames and on occasion you make posts in Comms whining about flaming in general while you are the only one truely recieving them.

18. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    you're a bad rapper!!!

ha ha ha ha ha

I bet you're crying NOW.

19. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    are we going to do nothing but argue and shoot personal insults at each other? were supposed to become friends .

who wants to be my friend?

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmmm see now comet if you were friends with an attractive girl perhaps Rhett's wingman would jump on you, but you don't appear to be and you're what 12? in any case...

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    are we going to do nothing but argue and shoot personal insults at each other? were supposed to become friends .

who wants to be my friend?

We're not supposed to become friends. That's exactly the opposite of the purpose for this, dude. Have you not watched an episode of Big Brother in your life?

This game is primarily a game for who can last the longest. We went into this thing hating each other (well, most of us anyway) and we'll end this with butcher knives and katana's.

And don't even think about rapping about how you're going to bust up my ass. It would literally sound like a baby's e-fart.

EDIT: I bet he's crying now. ROFLCOPTER.

22. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't lie SOME, most of us don't hate each other, we just enjoy the personal barbs.

Now of course there are exceptions but one day tracy will come around.

23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    EDIT Yes, sir.

24. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    So.... how's everyone tonight..?

25. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Fine. Und du?