main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Week 6 Task] Kashmir

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by StarWars_Revelation, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    My country, Kashmir, is a good country. Though I'm not the actual leader of the country itself, I hold a lot of power. A lot of power.

You see, I'm the Chancellor's second-in-command, his Grand Over-Seer. Chancellor Maynard is old, weak, and cowardly, and holds much less power than he thinks he does (considering I'm the one who controls most of his actions, who tells him what to and not to do).

At the moment our country is involved in a war between the neighboring country of Aberdeen through guerilla warfare and the like. I'll explain more about my country through these questions:

REQUIRED:
    What is your country?s name? Kashmir
    What are the citizens called? Kashmirites
    What is your position in this country? Grand Over-Seer

Everything you didn't want to know about Kashmir

Background: Kashmir is an ancient land that has seen much strife and fighting throughout its 3000-year existence. Originally known as "Skuskuzappa" and inhabited by barbarian tribes who feuded and eventually killed each other off, leaving the land uninhabited for many years. Eventually the land was permenately inhabited by the tribe of Kashmir (our country named itself after its leader, a fierce warlord), and saw many years of prosperity.

During the middle ages our country was besieged by the Minahocans, a terrible cult-like race that lived for war. We eventually won the war in the now imfamous battle of Zeppelin, where General Horohor successfully routed the Minahocans by stampeding them from behind. We Kashmirites are known for sneaking up on people and giving it to them from behind. In fact, one of our country's mottos is "From Behind Always".

We've advanced along with most of society, and haven't fell out of the loop. We're a very advanced nation and have an excellent weapons and defense system, government, and culture.

Area:total: 1,570,021 sq km
    land: 1,049,223 sq km
    water: 520,798 sq km

Area Comparitive: Half the size of India

Border countries: Aberdeen, Jello, and Ytrillian

Coastline: 101,930 km

Climate: temperate and marine; cool, cloudy, rainy, wet winters and summers; occasional warm mountain wind.

Terrain: Lowlands in the north, uplands in the south. Kashmir Alps in the center.

Natural resources: Manure, coal, lignite, natural gas, iron ore, copper, nickel, uranium, potash, salt, construction materials, timber, arable land, grassy gnolls

Natural hazards: Flooding, hurricanes

Current environment issues: Emissions from coal-burning utilities and industries contribute to air pollution; acid rain, resulting from sulfur dioxide emissions, is damaging forests; pollution in the Heretic Sea from raw sewage and industrial effluents from rivers in eastern Kashmir; hazardous waste disposal; government established a mechanism for ending the use of nuclear power over the next 15 years;

People

Population: 117,424,609

Age Structure:
    0-14 years: 14.7%
    15-64 years: 67%
    65 years and over: 18.3%

Median Age:
    total: 41.7 years
    male: 40.4 years
    female: 43.2 years

Population growth rate: .09%

Birth Rate: 12.45 births/1,000 population