main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Weekly reviews and thoughts for The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Ky-Wan, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Rookies

Easily my most favorite episode so far. I love how this show gives us a good look at the Clones and how human they are. The action was just fantastic!

The Battle Droids were a little more tame in this one. They were starting to get a little annoying, but I liked them in this one.

Maybe just a little to much of the "I have a bad feeling about this." line.

9.5/10

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I agree, nice stuff this week. I know were going to be getting into soem jedi lightsaber duels action again here so pretty excited

3. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    We got a Luminara vs Ventress duel and an Anakin vs Greivous duel for sure....................

4. A_N_

A_N_ Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2008
    Nice episode last night.

R.I.P Heavy

Anthony

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I watched "Rookies" again on YouTube last night. I really liked that episode. I know I said that already, but I'll say it again. :cool:

6. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Downfall of a Droid

Pretty good episode. The AT-TEs on the asteroid was sooooooo cool.

It was good to see Ahsoka back after she had a bit of a break with little screen time.

The Battle Droids were pretty tame. I liked when that one said he was in charge LOL.

The "I have a bad feeling about this." phrase has been really overworked IMO. I just don't want to hear it for a few episodes.

6/10

7. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Downfall of a Droid:

I liked how we see Obi-Wan really acting like the old mentor to Anakin we see in the micro series and AOTC. I liked also we see Anakin's attachment to R2 which is said considering he blasts the little guy in ANH in the Death Star trench.

Ashoka good to see her back and spry as ever. They've done a good job of balancing her Obi-Wan side with her Anakin side.

I like how we see how Anakins mind works and how he's used to barganing with low life scum bags. I didn't like the Trandoshan dealer(looks like Bossk) he's supposed to anyway but looks more like a cartoon rather then an actual Bossk type species.

Grevious I felt gave up too quick though I like that wee Anakin actually have to be rescued and wake up in the medbay.

Over all a fairly good episode

5/10

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Other than the "I have a bad feeling about this." phrase, Grievous always giving up is annoying me. Every episode it is the same. Grievous leads an attack. Republic stomp them so bad it isn't even funny. We need to see one when Grievous actually wins (not counting the Molevelance)

I want to see a Republic fleet vs a Separitists fleet and have the Separitists win at least once.

Gad.

9. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Duel of the Droids

Decent episode.

Heard the "I have a bad feeling about this." line. I am getting really sick of it.

The Droids weren't funny, just annoying.

Seemed to me like the Twighlight gained access to the Separitist Sphere far to easily. You would thought there would have been some Vulture Droids on guard, or Battle Droids at the least.

The duel between Ahsoka and Grievous was enjoyable, along with the sky-diving Jedi and Clones.

5/10

Jar Jar Binks is in the next episode, so I have a bad feeling about it. :rolleyes:

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Duel of the Droids

Ok not bad. Grevious and Ashoka duel was good. So was the fact that we saw someone get killed. I didn't mind the droids or the lines this time round. But again Grevious escaping and having everything blown up. Ashoka making grevious cut his own arm off was a nice touch.

see in the micro series he was much more vicious

R2 was good to see whooping some butt there. Though took the good guys long enough to figure out the spy. I wouldn't say it was agreat episode but it had soem nice moments to it

5/10

11. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Bombad Jedi

Blah. That is all.

3/10

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Bombad Jedi

While I liked the issues dealing with Senator Amidalas betrayal and her ability to get her self out of trouble. As well as her and c-3p0 addressing Jar Jar as a threat bigger then the separatists and while I understand the need to have a character for kids to laugh at I think droids have been doing enough of that. Nice to see something toehr then Grevious fighting and running though.

4/10

13. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, Grievous is getting kinda hackneyed. All he needs is a big mustache to twirl and a top-hat with a cheesy catchphrase like "Nyah! Blasted Jedi" to go with his cape and his last-minute escapes and you have the perfect 1920's silent movie villain. I mean c'mon Lucas. Kids are smarter than you give them credit for!

14. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Just a re-run tonight. According to Wikipedia, the shows resumes on December 5th.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, boring old series premier... yawn.

16. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    This series has grown weak. From a strain of less than stellar episodes to a rerun.

17. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The reason it was a re-run was the US thanksgiving. The series growing weak. Which planet and what the hell are you watching?
    Bombad Jedi was a good episode and the 2 part series with the droids was great.

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    US Thanksgiving.....aw I see.

And I am watching on Earth.

Compared to the start of the series, the latest episodes would indicate it is getting weaker.

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm from Krpton myself

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You are not the last son. Kal-el is.

I didn't much care for Bombad, but I expect things to pick up after the holidays, if they take a holiday break, that is as some shows have done.

21. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I know who he is. Yeah so they didn't show it again due to think you can dance finals....shudder

22. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I watched AFV instead. It was good. There was an old guy walking across a log when he fell, canned himself, and slid into the water. Then he is trying to climb back up. LMFAO it was great laughing at other peoples misfortune. :D

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    And the award for empathy goes to... :p ;)

I totally forgot about CW seeing as I was asleep, but my DVR didn't record anything so it must have been a rerun.

24. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Argh, Survivor finale stole this weeks episode!

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Feaking Anne of Green Gables this time round , I tell ya.....

Pending bada um Bending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.