main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Boston's New RSA: Meriwyn! :)

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Meriwyn has just been promoted as the Northeast Region's new co-RSA, and she'll now be covering our chapter. Everyone give her a warm welcome! :)

I'm soooooo happy for you (and us!) Meri! :D But like Ed said in the CR forum - this doesn't mean we're going to let you win at Epic Duels. ;)

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    =D= Congrats!!!! :)

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hehe thanks Rosanna :) I hope to do right by you guys! Let the Epic Duels go on! LOL

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm curious Meri...how exactly does hate lead to lollipops? :)

5. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Hahaha...it's actually a reference to one of the comics from the Star Wars Tales. It's actually called "Hate Leads to Lollipops" and it's about "Lil" Darth Maul (see my icon) and he breaks out of the Nerf-Herder Home for Wayward Boys in search of candy...LOL. He proceeds to tear up Coruscant looking for a candy store so he can have a lollipop. He finally finds one and Palpatine shows up behind him and when the Coruscant security says "what should we do with him", Palps says "I'll take care of him personally" and stuffs a lollipop in Maul's mouth...LOL

It's hilarious.

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    :eek: How did I miss that one? Do you know which issue it is?

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Congratulations on the promotion. This is a VERY good thing for the Northeast.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes Ryno I agree. This is good for EVERYONE. Since the NE has 20 chapters now with 2 RSA's covering the region each RSA can focus more on specific chapters. Im excited about the change.

There are alot of nice things in store for the NE that should be announced soon :)

Again congrats Meri :)

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's better for some more than others.

10. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I hope to do right by you guys!

/Slips Meri a bribe/

Oh I'm sure you'll do fine ;)

Congrats! :D

11. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    LOL thanks Roy!

Rosanna, I'm not sure. I have the trade paperbacks with a bunch of issues in one. I think it's in Volume 3.

And guys, I just want to say from the start, to please bear with me as I'm new, and that being RSA unfortunately means we're automatically the "bad guy" and the scapegoat for alot of attacks. Just know that I will do the best job I can for you all and I will do my utmost to be fair to everyone, but first and foremost I do need to uphold TFN's rules.

So, with the legal speak out of the way...let's have some fun!! :D

12. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    grads !!!!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT ANOTHER MEET SOON.

JUSTIN

13. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Call me a n00b, but what does "RSA" stand for and what are their responsibilities?

Richie

14. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    LOL you're not a noob...we were all new once!

RSA is a Regional Support Administrator (I think...LOL) and basically we act as moderators most of the time, since individual CR's don't have mod capabilities. We simply mediate, help with board questions or problems, make sure all the kids play nice, post meeting/event notices on the FanForce website, or anything else that needs doing :)

I don't like censorship, so do me a favor guys and don't swear and stuff...LOL

15. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Great, Meriwyn! Congrats and I wish you well in your new duties. :D

Richie

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    It's better for some more than others.

Agreed. Anyone that was around here in July/August knows why we as a group are particularly happy about this change. A co-RSA for this region was long overdue before that whole mess, which catalyzed the search process. Meri is also much more familiar with several of the chapters under her care so hopefully that will go a long way towards preventing more problems in the future.

Though I have much stronger things to say on the topic, the GSAs are already well aware of how I feel, and I don't want to dredge up any more unpleasantness in Meri's welcome thread.

And guys, I just want to say from the start, to please bear with me as I'm new, and that being RSA unfortunately means we're automatically the "bad guy" and the scapegoat for alot of attacks. Just know that I will do the best job I can for you all and I will do my utmost to be fair to everyone, but first and foremost I do need to uphold TFN's rules.

Meri, most of us know you and are already confident in your abilities. I know you will do your best and that you will be fair. Not every RSA is automatically perceived as the "bad guy" or a "scapegoat". It all depends on how the RSA handles the situation. We will be totally happy as long as you understand that it's your responsibility to understand the rules you need to be enforcing, and to enforce them consistently; otherwise, if you don't know what the rules are, how are we to be expected to follow them and maintain any sort of order on our board? And if/when you screw up, apologize and fix it. We don't expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to acknowledge when you're wrong. Finally, when we have questions, answer them thoroughly and in a timely manner. It really bothers us when an RSA doesn't meet these reasonable expectations. :)

If anyone has a problem with what I've said here, please PM me. Like I said, Meri's welcome thread should be happy. :)

I don't like censorship, so do me a favor guys and don't swear and stuff...LOL

Don't worry...we're usually pretty good about stuff like that. :)

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Well said.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Congrats! Now I have a question.

So does each RSA have a designated number of groups that they watch over (and if so where does Boston fall into the mix), or do both of the RSA's share all groups?

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    We divided up the region to help with the work load, Boston is now part of Meri's coverage, however we still both moderate the entire region in case one of us are not on. :)

Also: I added The RSA for that forum on the top, you should see meri's name on the top now for easier contact. Our names will appear in the forums designated to each of us.
    Again, we still both cover the entire region.
    Cutting it down to 10 chapters each will help both of us focus on other issues ... like the fact that I now have more time to update the forums LOL ;)

hope that helps...

EDIT: nobody panic, I still have to add back in your menu links on the top as well :)

20. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    well could you hurry please with the links? it's kind of a pain in the butt hitting back everytime I wanna leave a thread.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I know Meri has Boston, RI, NJ, both NH groups, and I think some in WV. I don't have the email with me to double check, but that's most of them anyway.

And yes, please fix the links soon. I do appreciate the link to Meri but not having the rest is very inconvenient.

22. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Sorry guys, I don't have the capabilities yet to do the html work, as I'm not technically on "manager" status yet. We're working on fixing it, hang tight.

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    The full list of who has who is here.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok all set let me know if there are any other changes to be made to it.
    Do u want a scrolling marquee for announcements added on?

25. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Yay! Links are back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.